Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 26

Options
  • 20-08-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭

Ok...so Season 26 is upon us. Let it be remembered as the last season before the site revamp.

what are your goals for this season?

Mine
    FRF- Hope to have a good long cup run and aim to get to the league playoff final.

Have a couple of new players I'm training. Hope to get them up to speed this season.

Alling Allstars (affiliate): Hope to finish 3rd again this season (After punching well above my weight last season to finish 3rd). Will be tough as there are a couple of new tougher teams this season. A cup run would be icing on the cake.

Have 3 trainees for U20s that I hope are good enough for first team action this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

hoping not toget hammered every week in my first visit to div 2

gob smacked beat moonshine bulls :eek: first 2nd div win:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

had a good win yday against a team 30k csr better than mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

forgot about the season start, got a win in first game though against a play of qualifier last season. so not to worry so far!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think I am trying to avoid financial collapse this season. It's the first time I've ever stayed up in Div 3 (beginning of my fifth season), though I've kind of got a bit demoralized by the realization that the game is very money limited and I am very far behind the top 4 teams in my division in budget (which is growing very slowly).

Hoping to promote my first academy player (by which I mean, a player I spent a decent amount of stars on) in the next week or two, thinking he'll be a high enough CSR to be useful in full team games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

errlloyd wrote: »
    I think I am trying to avoid financial collapse this season. It's the first time I've ever stayed up in Div 3 (beginning of my fifth season), though I've kind of got a bit demoralized by the realization that the game is very money limited and I am very far behind the top 4 teams in my division in budget (which is growing very slowly).

Hoping to promote my first academy player (by which I mean, a player I spent a decent amount of stars on) in the next week or two, thinking he'll be a high enough CSR to be useful in full team games.

You are money limited alright,but one mistake a lot of ppl make is having a massive squad. Each decent player will cost you at least $10k per week in salary, which adds up. 2 players extra is a luxury that could cost almost $500k a season! Not sure if this applies to you, but thought I'd mention it.

The other thing you should do as best you can, is have a young squad. Even if they are not getting individual training, the team training and IGT will add up, and hopefully by the time they are 25/26-ish, you will be in a position to challenge the top of Div 3, without having gone out and buy in all the players. A lot of young players will be good enough to tread water in Div 3, but eventually should start to burst the surface!

Regarding MWSAG, got hammered by FRF at the weekend. Goal for the season is keep going. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

crisco10 wrote: »

Regarding MWSAG, got hammered by FRF at the weekend. Goal for the season is keep going. :-)

ah in fairness it was LTNT vs Normal.

I'm more worried about Polk High...they've rebuilt and Johnnysmack is master tactician. And then theres the Dannys....joker if ever I seen one. bogwarriors too...seem to be my bogey team.

Anybody seen /heard from fewi? He still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

daheff wrote: »

I'm more worried about Polk High...they've rebuilt and Johnnysmack is master tactician. And then theres the Dannys....joker if ever I seen one. bogwarriors too...seem to be my bogey team.

*cough* and me... target on you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Thanks, I think that's a compliment.

My targets are,
    Newcastle West
    Get promoted to div.1, if this doesn't happen sell up and build from scratch again. May even farm for awhile due to not having much time to run two teams.
    The Danny's
    It's easy what my targets here, top 4 and hopefully without haven't to tnt my last game to do it. Cup wnwnm as far as I can go
    My farm team.
    Having a hard time remember ing it's name so that goes to show how much time I put into them. Farm away

eoferrall wrote: »
    *cough* and me... target on you now.

I was hoping you were going bot and i wouldnt have to worry about ya :rolleyes:

Dammit...another old rival to add to the list

I think the only team in the league that i dont have any previous rivalries is woodlawn!

• Advertisement

I was hoping you were going bot and i wouldnt have to worry about ya :rolleyes:

Dammit...another old rival to add to the list

I think the only team in the league that i dont have any previous rivalries is woodlawn!
    What rivalry do we have? Sure I'm only a new team

seanand wrote: »
    What rivalry do we have? Sure I'm only a new team

we had 4 games in the past...I'm 3 &1...that one hurts :P

we had 4 games in the past...I'm 3 &1...that one hurts :P
    I plan on hurting you more so ðŸ˜

I plan on hurting you more so ðŸ˜

lolz -bring the pain :o

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Got an unexpected win today. Even went WNWIM as i was away from home. Who knows maybe i can sneak another season in DivII

3 weeks in and 3 wins, wont last but great start so far so good

3 weeks in and 3 wins, wont last but great start so far so good

Had a bad week...forgot to set my cupteam midweek....messed up tactics this weekend(& prob had RNG went against me I reckon :( ) & lost to team whose manager hasnt logged in for 2 wks

At least my team pulled back a 27 pt ht defict to score 4 tries & get a losing bonus point.....so almost like having a draw!

lost again but only by 4 points wish i'd gone ltwnt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Crazy league game this weekend. Lost to Polk High 47-48 with last minute try and conversion against me...Had checked score around 55 mins in ad was 20-35 down or something. No idea what happened in the middle!

top of the league, undefeated and looking down at ye peasants :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Came back from 32 -3 down at half time to win by 36 - 35 with the last kick of the game in the cup tonight. Nuts!

up to 5th place beat batti bator today:D

top of the league, undefeated and looking down at ye peasants :P

How ya looking today :P:P

westman1 wrote: »
    up to 5th place beat batti bator today:D

good win. Battai are a decent side...but i feel they under perform a little vs their CSR.

How ya looking today :P:P

good win. Battai are a decent side...but i feel they under perform a little vs their CSR.

Ha I knew it wouldn't last I could of gone for it and won but I would of then lost to a bottom 4 side and go back to the pack and maybe not finish top 4 which is still my priority.

Ya battai have underperformed for awhile now but still a hard team to beat

Ha I knew it wouldn't last I could of gone for it and won but I would of then lost to a bottom 4 side and go back to the pack and maybe not finish top 4 which is still my priority.

Ya battai have underperformed for awhile now but still a hard team to beat

Its an interesting season... not sure who is going to win the league...any one of quite a few could take the top spot. Wouldnt be writing off anybody...on their day anybody could turn another team over.

As for Battai...just glad they arent in our league!!

Its an interesting season... not sure who is going to win the league...any one of quite a few could take the top spot. Wouldnt be writing off anybody...on their day anybody could turn another team over.

As for Battai...just glad they arent in our league!!
    I just want top 4 again this season don't think if what it takes yet to challenge for 1st unless I can secure it early enough. Next season when my current u20s are finished and my lock is coming close to being trained as well

Ya I had in my league he did nothing all season then nuked us in the playoffs we didn't stand a chance

forgot about the bloody cup again last nite. won easily enough...but still.

at least my default team is near my first team...woulda preferred playing wnwim though

top 4 seems secure now great win the weekend wnwnm vs ltnt, a win this weekend and put pressure on 1st

have to set tactics now as im off to cardiff the weekend yeha

top 4 seems secure now great win the weekend wnwnm vs ltnt, a win this weekend and put pressure on 1st

have to set tactics now as im off to cardiff the weekend yeha

lucky divil...enjoy :)

anyways its not this weekend you want to go...its next for the quarters. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

had a nice win this weekend in the league. beaten on stars on every position but had a bit of an edge in energy

Advertisement