Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 matchday thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lemlin wrote:
    Any chance of Shaw getting bonus from that game?

He'll get at least one, possibly 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Any chance of Shaw getting bonus from that game?

On for 2!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

36 plus whatever baps Gomis gets.

Average enough.

spock. wrote: »
    He'll get at least one, possibly 2.

Bps
    Ayew 44
    Shaw 35
    Gomis 34

Gomis will probably get more for winning goal so I'd guess he'll get the 2 bonus actually. Hoping they don't tie as they'll end with 1 each won't they? Have both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Passin thru

As usual a week which promised so much fails to follow through.
    Was planning to bank but Depay needs to go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

FHFC wrote: »
    Bps
    Ayew 44
    Shaw 35
    Gomis 34

Gomis will probably get more for winning goal so I'd guess he'll get the 2 bonus actually. Hoping they don't tie as they'll end with 1 each won't they? Have both. :)
    Won't they get 2 each

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

On for 2!!

Result. Didn't expect that. I only went for him because Darmian was .1 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Bps
    Ayew 44
    Shaw 35
    Gomis 34

I'd predict a tie or Shaw to get two after winning goal added. Gomis had some shots off target

amber69 wrote: »
    Won't they get 2 each

You are right. From my favourite hyperlink...

"If there is a tie for second place, Player 1 will receive 3 points and Players 2 and 3 will receive 2 points each."

That's what i had initially thought but doubted it.

Come in lads. Split it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Almost perfect result in the Swansea-MU game for me. Gomis 4th goal in 4 games :cool: (so happy for him) and Depay & United defense getting nothing (bar Shaw). Ayew masterclass & Shaw are the "almost".

Had I played Myhill, it would have been a great GW for me. It should be decent to good now (depends how many Saints def & Pellé/Tadic owners there are).

43 (-4) before BPs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

It's one each if more than on player gets 3 points and 2 otherwise. Them tying would net me four points, which would be very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

47 before Gomis points. End of the road for Depay.

47 before Gomis points. End of the road for Depay.

I can see him dropping like a stone. 10 points from four games yet owned by 23% of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ayew 3, Shaw 2, Gomis 1 after ESP
    Amazing that's Gomis' first bap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I can see him dropping like a stone. 10 points from four games yet owned by 23% of players.

He'll probably only drop 0.1 this week. The way the system works makes it very easy for lowly owned players to rise and fall in value i.e. 11% NTO for fall and 47K NTI for rise.

Highly owned players will have slower NTI thus slower rises but also requires 11% out for a 0.1 fall thus require large transfers out in order to fall. This is the reason the likes of Rooney, Hazard and Kane are slow to fall. He is 32k from a fall right now. He will then require another 69K for a second fall. It could happen over the break though but his high ownership will protect him for a while. He's out for me though sooner rather than later, too many good midfield options this year to persist with someone who is not performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Kind of expected him to break loose in some game but with van gaal philosophy United don't look like a good attacking force anytime soon.

He's gone from my team now, think silva

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sinclair a likely beneficiary? Seems like a good way to fund alot of things in your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

CSF wrote: »
    Sinclair a likely beneficiary? Seems like a good way to fund alot of things in your team.

I'd imagine Ayew will be the biggest beneficiary with a nice tie against Watford up next. He's also joint second highest scoring mid now which will see in transfers in surge as many people just make transfers based on highest point scorers without looking at any other information.

zarquon wrote: »
    I'd imagine Ayew will be the biggest beneficiary with a nice tie against Watford up next. He's also joint second highest scoring mid now which will see in transfers in surge as many people just make transfers based on highest point scorers without looking at any other information.
    Oh yeah, he didn't even come into my thoughts as I already have him. Definitely makes more sense though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Could've had a monster week had I started Ayew. Oh well. Hindsight is great

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    He'll probably only drop 0.1 this week. The way the system works makes it very easy for lowly owned players to rise and fall in value i.e. 11% NTO for fall and 47K NTI for rise.

Highly owned players will have slower NTI thus slower rises but also requires 11% out for a 0.1 fall thus require large transfers out in order to fall. This is the reason the likes of Rooney, Hazard and Kane are slow to fall. He is 32k from a fall right now. He will then require another 69K for a second fall. It could happen over the break though but his high ownership will protect him for a while. He's out for me though sooner rather than later, too many good midfield options this year to persist with someone who is not performing.

100k more transfers doesn't seem unreasonable for someone who is owned by 800k of players.

The one thing that may save him is that people have Coutinho and Hazard who they may ship first.

I'm going to transfer out Hazard. Something is not right at Chelsea so will bring him back in once he gets motoring again. Hopefully at a much cheaper price.

How did Mata play besides the goal today? As I said last week, he for me looked United's best threat. Will check out the highlights from today on MoTD2 later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

34, yet another poor week. Never thought I'd be saying this after GW4 but thank **** for the international break :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

29. Lovely jubbly.

37, poor enough week, but didn't lose any ground in my money league.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Could've had a monster week had I started Ayew. Oh well. Hindsight is great
    Who would have been benched if it hadn't been Ayew?

42 all in. No hits. 2 important h2h wins. An ok week.

United attack is a no go area.at.present imo. Just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

51. No hits. Last minute changes on wilcard of sagna and gomis out for benteke and kolorov cost me bout 12 point but hopefully they make that back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

40, no hits. I think that'll be around the average this week so It'll do, especially after the trainwreck of the first couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

56 (-4) United & Liverpool finally conceding will see me gain a lot of places, was bottom of my league until yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

37 with a -8 which leaves me with 29.

Poor week but Shaw and Sagna delivered over my Darmain and Kolarov, rival put good ground between me n him this GW.

Trying not to panic really but I might as per usual.

Assuming I lost my Harps H2H , way too pissed off to check

Advertisement