Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 16 - Boards Franchise Plans

Options
  • 20-08-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

I don't want to step on anyone's toes so hopefully it doesn't come across that way as I know I haven't been around much for Madden 15, but with the game coming out officially in 8 days (Friday 28th August) and gameplay surfacing all around the internet, I thought it would be interesting to get a view of how many people on here are planning to purchase the game and join our league, so we can start putting the wheels in motion in terms of plans.

The format is Xbox One as I think it's fair to say that the Xbox 360 appears to be obsolete now with the Boards Xbox 360 league closing in December 2014. However, for PS4 users who want to join a league, Madden PFL I believe run a PS4 league on their website. Boards players also play over there too.

Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts etc for the Madden 16 franchise - feel free to fire them into this thread.

Poll to follow with the question "will you be joining the Boards franchise on Xbox One?".

:)

Will You Be Joining The Boards Franchise on Xbox One? 15 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    73%
    davetheravePADRAIC.MMikeyt086NelbertKnex*PerrinV2Pudsy33Paully Dgiffney1991trippermanReaper KH 11 votes
    Maybe
    26%
    adrian522helimachoptorBeefy78puckmymuskie 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

No
    Paully D wrote: »
    I don't want to step on anyone's toes so hopefully it doesn't come across that way as I know I haven't been around much for Madden 15, but with the game coming out officially in 8 days (Friday 28th August) and gameplay surfacing all around the internet, I thought it would be interesting to get a view of how many people on here are planning to purchase the game and join our league, so we can start putting the wheels in motion in terms of plans.

The format is Xbox One as I think it's fair to say that the Xbox 360 appears to be obsolete now with the Boards Xbox 360 league closing in December 2014. However, for PS4 users who want to join a league, Madden PFL I believe run a PS4 league on their website. Boards players also play over there too.

Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts etc for the Madden 16 franchise - feel free to fire them into this thread.

Poll to follow with the question "will you be joining the Boards franchise on Xbox One?".

I'm up to do this league again, I think there could be a good few cpu games again this version, so should we try to group in one conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

No
    Yeah, I'll be planning to make a return this year.
    Couldn't justify buying the xbone version after upgrading from the 360 last Nov.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

No

Was just about to make a thread on this,as mentioned be interesting to read peoples thoughts and potential ideas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Maybe
    wont be around this year :(

Starting a masters, another little heli due in January so will be taking my time, ill be back for Madden 18 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

No

Starting a masters, another little heli due in January so will be taking my time, ill be back for Madden 18 though!

But who else would pick the Titans with the 6th overall pick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No

Ah, that's a shame. You'll be a big loss considering the work you have done for the franchise. :(

Best of luck with the Masters and baby, though. I completed my Masters during Madden 14/25 and can assure you finding the time for Madden during it is nigh on impossible. I can only imagine what it would be like with a baby too!

No

Best of luck heli, youl be missed round here with your guideing hand for helping us novices out of cap trouble,

Lads I noticed lately on the Xbox forum gt page when i put my gt up on it, some people had Madden 15 and looking for games would it be a good idea to put up a post there about the league and see if anyone maybe is interested in joining the league if the decided to buy Madden 16?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Maybe
    i was chatting to the wife there actually a few mins ago and she asked did I want her to pick up a copy :eek:

I'd be tempted as i think the titans could be really good, My dilemma is i'd prefer to play boards rather than PFL as the more CPU games would suit my schedule but playing CPU aint not fun and i cant commit to the PFL with so many human games

Maybe
    In january, 18 month old, new born and part way through the masters, wont be having time for much of anything id say!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Maybe
    i was chatting to the wife there actually a few mins ago and she asked did I want her to pick up a copy :eek:

I'd be tempted as i think the titans could be really good, My dilemma is i'd prefer to play boards rather than PFL as the more CPU games would suit my schedule but playing CPU aint not fun and i cant commit to the PFL with so many human games

The Titans won't be really good. No QB, No WR, No HB. Walker is good, that's about it.

Also what does this mean?
    playing CPU aint not fun

so it is fun?

• Advertisement

Maybe
    Mariota progress quickly
    Wright is a fantastic receiver
    Hunter and DGB are huge targets and will be making catches over DB'S

Sankey isn't good but I think Cobb will be a good option.

The line is a mess though

Ain't no fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

No
    I'll be back for this again if we have the numbers!

No
    6 so far. I'll fire off a few PM's tonight (if I get a chance) to the usual suspects to see if there's much interest. I'm sure we will get some new guys too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

No
    Good chance I'll be picking up an xbone fairly soon so I'll probably be back.

No
    6 so far. I'll fire off a few PM's tonight (if I get a chance) to the usual suspects to see if there's much interest. I'm sure we will get some new guys too. :)

I'm taking bets on paully lasting a season ;-D

No
    PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    I'm taking bets on paully lasting a season ;-D

Yes - 6/4
    No - 1/2

:pac:

No

Would a post on Xbox forum be a good idea??,

No
    tripperman wrote: »
    Would a post on Xbox forum be a good idea??,

Yeah and probably the American football one too

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No
    I'm in. Hopefully we can get 16 or so.

Maybe

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'm not sure what i'll be doing yet, all depends on numbers i suppose, no interest in 13 or 14 CPU games a season.

No

I'll try get something done tonight or tomorrow, are we doing 3 or 4 seasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Reaper KH

No
    If you have low numbers perhaps a single league idea
    cpu games are hard to keep an interest in and most of mine would be simmed but saying that I would join the franchise to see how it would develop like everything
    "Play it and people will come"

Maybe
    i'm now going to get the game however, i'll likely play PFL as i can only manage one league and dont want to play the CPU all the time, sorry guys :(

No
    i'm now going to get the game however, i'll likely play PFL as i can only manage one league and dont want to play the CPU all the time, sorry guys :(

Vdp1bc2BRZ2pVkUqWFbH_judas.jpg

No
    Probably get back into pfl myself after the summer now and will have more time in the winter evenings, just undecided between the pro 8 and pro 10! 10 min quarters is a long time!

No

Have put a post on Xbox forum and bumped one on the American football forum, so hopefully we might see a few new faces

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No

Heli man I'll come back if you come back :pac:

You know you want to continue the series of Titans vs Jags, you can't leave until you get a W.

Think of me like The Dudley Boys. They just came back to WWE last night and are there out of nowhere to **** the tag-team division up. I'm here to do the same in Madden. (http://www.balls.ie/american-sports/the-dudley-boyz-return-to-wwe/306149)

I am sickened to see the success that Perrin is having and would highly enjoy putting an end to that, although my total lack of playing Madden for a year would probably mean I get whooped.

I'm in for the league. Paully PM'd me and as I said to him I'm lucky enough to get a free copy of this bad boy so I can surely fit in a single game of Madden every week, although I may miss a few, but sure feck it, it's better than CPU Jags.

Raise your Bortles.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Hey guys,

With Guns Jr arriving a day now i doubt i will be getting Madden this time around.

Its been a pleasure playing in this league for the past few years; developing season long rivalries, wheeling and dealing to get the players i wanted, and of course free agency!

Hopefully ill be back for next years game, good luck with the newest version and i'm sure to stick my head in for a look to see how you guys are getting on.

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Maybe
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Heli man I'll come back if you come back :pac:

You know you want to continue the series of Titans vs Jags, you can't leave until you get a W.

Think of me like The Dudley Boys. They just came back to WWE last night and are there out of nowhere to **** the tag-team division up. I'm here to do the same in Madden. (http://www.balls.ie/american-sports/the-dudley-boyz-return-to-wwe/306149)

I am sickened to see the success that Perrin is having and would highly enjoy putting an end to that, although my total lack of playing Madden for a year would probably mean I get whooped.

I'm in for the league. Paully PM'd me and as I said to him I'm lucky enough to get a free copy of this bad boy so I can surely fit in a single game of Madden every week, although I may miss a few, but sure feck it, it's better than CPU Jags.

Raise your Bortles.

I have no desire to get my ass whooped, you and perrin are 2 players i probably can never beat!

Advertisement