Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£10 off Amazon order of £50 or more.

Options
  • 01-08-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Saw this on HUKD. It seems like a good deal to save a few quid on amazon.

Not sure how they decide who is eligible. I have two accounts, I'm eligible on one, not the other.

Click the banner in the todays daily deals page to see if your eligible.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/deals/ref=nav_cs_gb

As far as i know, the tenner is added to your account the next day.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

That link just shows lightning deals for me.

My banner is a dalmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Can't link to it, the links are unique. Log in and see if this banner shows for you -

jTF4AU7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Saw this on HDUK did it three days ago. Worked great getting the 10 code to my inbox the following day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

/\/ollog wrote: »
    That link just shows lightning deals for me.

My banner is a dalmation.

Same here (not the dalmation ;))

Edit: Just worked for me so thanks OP. No word of my £10 promo code yet though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Illegible, cripes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I seem to be eligible but the small print says that it is only valid if you get an email. I never got that email so I'm not risking it. Dont want to be stuck with gift cards and no free tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

If you were planning on buying something from Amazon in the future or have a rake of stuff in your wish list anyway, like I do, there's not that much risk

I seem to be eligible but the small print says that it is only valid if you get an email. I never got that email so I'm not risking it. Dont want to be stuck with gift cards and no free tenner.

E-mail or on the Amazon.co.uk website
    In order to qualify for the £10 promotional code, you must: (1) have received the offer invitation directly from Amazon.co.uk, either via e-mail or on the Amazon.co.uk website; and (2) click the button 'Click to qualify for the promotion code'; and (3) purchase at least £40 of GCs in a single order at Amazon.co.uk between 26 July, 2015, and 15 August, 2015, 11:59PM (BST).
    Purchases must be for at least £40 in combined GC value, and the GCs must be purchased in a single order at Amazon.co.uk.
    Offer valid on GCs purchased on Amazon.co.uk between 26 July, 2015, and 15 August, 2015, 11:59PM (BST) and, in the case of e-mail GCs scheduled in advance, delivered before 16 August, 2015.
    You get the promo code by e-mail the day following your purchase.

But, you're right if you don't get a lot of stuff from Amazon probably isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

The site states
    In order to qualify for the £10 promotional code, you must: (1) have received the offer invitation directly from Amazon.co.uk, either via e-mail or on the Amazon.co.uk website; and (2) click the button 'Click to qualify for the promotion code'; and (3) purchase at least £40 of GCs in a single order at Amazon.co.uk between 26 July, 2015, and 15 August, 2015, 11:59PM (BST).
    Purchases must be for at least £40 in combined GC value, and the GCs must be purchased in a single order at Amazon.co.uk.
    Offer valid on GCs purchased on Amazon.co.uk between 26 July, 2015, and 15 August, 2015, 11:59PM (BST) and, in the case of e-mail GCs scheduled in advance, delivered before 16 August, 2015.

With me: I never received the e-mail. I did look on the site via the linkie in the op. I clicked what was asked checking if I was eligible and I was.

Was informed gift-card would be sent/rec'd in 5mins, arrived in about 2mins.

^^^ Now with me, I had over 9-pages of items that were 'saved for later' , mostly books. Bought a few random items for my upcoming Cycling Adventure and shall buy something else when the 10€ comes in. With me, I would've been shopping on amazon anyways so the 10€ shall be a small bonus :)

Thanks OP,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

Saw this on HUKD. It seems like a good deal to save a few quid on amazon.

Here is the thread on HUKD: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/buy-40-amazon-gift-card-get-10-free-eligible-customers-only-2253215

Has actual link to the promo page and the t&cs page (and other tips).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Two accounts and neither qualify :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is the 10 voucher emailed or automatically applied to your account

sweetie wrote: »
    Is the 10 voucher emailed or automatically applied to your account

Hi Sweetie - the £10 promo code is e-mailed 24-48 hours after the completed order.

This is an extract from Amazon chat that I took from the hotdeals site 2/3 posts up
    'I would request you to please place an order for a GBP 40.00 gift card in a single order and let me know the order number. I will put a note for the same. If you don't get a GBP 10.00 code by email within 24-48 hours then please contact us we will manually add GBP 10.00 promotional balance to your Amazon.co.uk account.
    I will also send you a confirmation email for your reference.'
    - bob99999
    Still waiting on my promo code btw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Something to look out for
    The £10 promotional code can be spent on products sold by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk until 15 October, 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

If you chat to support and ask them about the deal, they will honour it for you, eligible or not.

Just got my promo code, so thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Corvus Libros

Promotional code arrived 24 hours after buying the gift cards. Just to confirm for anyone who's wondering:

You can send the gift cards to your own account.
    Gift cards are valid for both Amazon and third-party sellers.
    Gift cards valid for 10 years.
    Promotional code is valid for just Amazon and Amazon Warehouse Deals.
    Promotional code valid until 15 October, 2015.

There's also £10 off £50 today with the code BIGTHANKS. I saw it after ordering, so I don't know if you can use along with the other promo code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

BIGTHANKS only works on amazon orders

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just seen on the Amazon homepage that you can get £10 off any Amazon order of £50 or more with the code BIGTHANKS.

357205.jpeg

Says today only, full info here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Great offer. Now what to buy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Works on pre-orders however not for gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

429n3o
    Thanks OP, had to purchase something anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Wouldn't work on a raspberry pi, case and micro sd card either. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's Amazon only. Marketplace sellers are excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭lau1247

Thanks OP, had my eye on a Lego Technic set for a while now.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

The current exchange rate makes me wince. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Had a basket up to £56 but one item was sold by a Marketplace seller ... d'oh.

Time to find something to make up the extra tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Warehouse deals seem to be included but they are Amazon too as well as a marketplace seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

Super-wonderful. I got my last hard drive for my NAS with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Picked up the Raspberry Pi 2 kit for £50, works out around €60 and code worked perfectly.

Advertisement