Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lukaku hat trick in friendly win over Dundee. That lad is such a troll.

http://www.espnfc.com/video/highlights/114/video/2536956

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

FHFC wrote: »
    Lukaku hat trick in friendly win over Dundee. That lad is such a troll.

http://www.espnfc.com/video/highlights/114/video/2536956

I can see him scoring well against Watford in the opener and the casuals loading up on him without giving consideration to his fixtures. Everton really can't be seriously considered until Halloween IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

CITY XI: Hart (C), Sagna, Kolarov, Mangala, Denayer, Evans, Garcia, Sterling, Navas, Silva, Iheanacho

Kolarov, Sterling, and Silva with goals so far against the mighty Vietnam XI

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sterling with another, tho this opposition is really poor

Paully D wrote: »
    I can see him scoring well against Watford in the opener and the casuals loading up on him without giving consideration to his fixtures. Everton really can't be seriously considered until Halloween IMO.

I'm considering having him in for Watford as part of my "Aguero fund" allocation, allowing me to downgrade him and upgrade Rooney/Costa to Aguero by GW4.

Ideally he does get a decent score V Watford and a few price rises.

Theres an argument that his fixtures are not actually that bad from a scoring point of view so if he seems on form he may stay longer.

• Advertisement

Kolarov is 3rd choice penalty taker and 1st choice free kick, he's so tempting

Kolarov is 3rd choice penalty taker and 1st choice free kick, he's so tempting

City have a marvelous run from GW4 for 10 or 11 games of kind fixtures, including 5 home games in 7 GWs from GW8 to GW14.

I'll be looking at a treble around that time possibly with a defender and if Kolarov is even playing 3 out of 4 games he could be worth it.

I'm tempted to try and hold the WC to GW 6 or 7 with the above in mind.

Edit, those fixtures: WAT, cpl, WHM, tot, NEW, BOU, mun, NOR, avl, LIV, SOT

Chelsea very dangerous from Cesc's free kick deliveries. I can already hear Swiper grumbling about undeserved points ;)

Haz goal, brilliant dribbling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭Invincible

Haz goal, brilliant dribbling

He just ghosted past 5 of them!

• Advertisement

Sunderland XI: Pantilimon, O'Shea, Coates, Jones, PVA, Cattermole, Rodwell, Johnson, Lens, Defoe, Fletcher.
    Subs: Bridcutt, Larsson, Matthews, Pickford, Kaboul, Graham, Giaccherini, Mannone, Buckley, Beadling, Watmore.

Their first choice back 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland XI: Pantilimon, O'Shea, Coates, Jones, PVA, Cattermole, Rodwell, Johnson, Lens, Defoe, Fletcher.
    Subs: Bridcutt, Larsson, Matthews, Pickford, Kaboul, Graham, Giaccherini, Mannone, Buckley, Beadling, Watmore.

Their first choice back 4?

Hopefully not. Billy Jones caught acting the bollocks for the goal. I'd rather Matthews was thrown straight in but aye, it's probably going to be the one that starts.

Anyone going with Sunderland attacking coverage is off their head by the way.

United XI vs PSG: De Gea, Darmian, Jones, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Memphis, Young, Rooney

That's Jones in my GW1 team then

Dier looks like he's playing midfield. Kane and Eriksen start

Dier looks like he's playing midfield. Kane and Eriksen start

He'll be 5.6M by GW3 then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

manual_man wrote: »
    United XI vs PSG: De Gea, Darmian, Jones, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Memphis, Young, Rooney

That's Jones in my GW1 team then

By all accounts he was dreadful yesterday versus PSG, and at fault for one of the goals (United lost 2-0). I've seen nothing but high praise for Darmian, though, who was seemingly the only positive to take from the game.

I'm not going near United's defence unless they sign another centre back. I'd like to think it will be more sure-footed with Schneiderlin protecting it, but I think it's a weak defence to take into the season as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

By all accounts he was dreadful yesterday versus PSG, and at fault for one of the goals (United lost 2-0). I've seen nothing but high praise for Darmian, though, who was seemingly the only positive to take from the game.

I'm not going near United's defence unless they sign another centre back. I'd like to think it will be more sure-footed with Schneiderlin protecting it, but I think it's a weak defence to take into the season as things stand.

LVG has now said Darmian Blind and Shaw will be 3 of the back 4 against spurs........

Noted! I watched the game... Darmian in for Jones now. Thought he was their best defender, attacking too

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Noted! I watched the game... Darmian in for Jones now. Thought he was their best defender, attacking too

would you rather have darmian or mertesacker ? that's one of my remaining conundrums ......the champ league qualifier draw may decide it

km79 wrote: »
    would you rather have darmian or mertesacker ? that's one of my remaining conundrums ......the champ league qualifier draw may decide it

If it was one or the other I'd have the Arsenal def..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Chelsea very dangerous from Cesc's free kick deliveries. I can already hear Swiper grumbling about undeserved points ;)

I heard that:mad:

I suppose he was doing his usual just hang it up there job that is the preferred method of delivery for schoolboys soccer:P

TEAMS: #WHUFC Adrian, Cresswell, Kouyate, Zarate, Noble (c), O'Brien, Collins, Ogbonna, Payet, Valencia, Oxford #WHUAST #COYI

#SaintsFC team against @MijnVitesse: Stekelenburg, Cédric, Fonte (c), Yoshida, Targett, Wanyama, Clasie, S. Davis, Tadić, Mané, Pellè.

Valencia (Payet)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pelle goal, Mane assist. Good finish in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Tadic(Pen), Mane assist again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Well that's Mane cemeted in my te, been there since draft 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mane form is tempting me to start off without Hazard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

West Ham 2-0 - Zarate(?).
    Watching this on hammers twitter feed(:o), Payet this, Payet that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

My defence is going to be so cheap if I swap Mane in for Milner...hmm..

• Advertisement

I doubt Mane starts every PL and EL match in August, I'd rather the security of Milner/Hendo and 1m

Advertisement