Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCM Ireland Comic Con or Dublin Comic Con

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭gerarda

Well, I ended up getting tickets for both to satisfy my own curiousity. These events are what you make them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

gerarda wrote: »
    Well, I ended up getting tickets for both to satisfy my own curiousity. These events are what you make them

Will you post back after both?

I certainly will. Bringing my two boys and will make the most of both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

MrWalsh wrote: »
    I want to know which comic con is a better one for me to spend my hard earned attending.

Went to MCM last year, really enjoyed it (More so than NY comic con, I found that too overwhelming) and yeah Metroplex took all my cash :D

wtlltw wrote: »
    Went to MCM last year, really enjoyed it (More so than NY comic con, I found that too overwhelming) and yeah Metroplex took all my cash :D

Ive seen a few video's taken at the San Diego Comic Con, the people are packed into the place. Read an article warning people not to come in costumes that might cause over heating because of the large numbers!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

gerarda wrote: »
    Ive seen a few video's taken at the San Diego Comic Con, the people are packed into the place. Read an article warning people not to come in costumes that might cause over heating because of the large numbers!!

Yeah SDCC is pretty crazy, would have love to have gone back in the days. I have friends that went every year since 2005, but stopped in 2012 due to the popularity levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Any idea on Saturday day ticket price on the door? Website says Saturday is sold out,but there will be a limited number available on the door but also says they will be more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Will there be many stalls selling action figures and the likes up at DCC i'm going Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

If a day pass was €16 online then I can't see it being more than €20 at the door, if it's even that.

Yeah there will be plenty of action figures and other merchandise available for sure.

I can't wait for the weekend. I was at the 2013 event for 1 day, did both last year and now I'm really looking forward to seeing what they can do with the CCD as a venue. I remember traffic being pretty chaotic last year. Public Transport might be the best way to go.

Any idea how much an autograph is?
    I want to get something signed by Gates McFadden on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Any idea how much an autograph is?
    I want to get something signed by Gates McFadden on Sunday.

Autograph prices are usually set by the guests rather than being a flat rate but they're usually in the region of 15-20 euro.

Kev W wrote: »
    Autograph prices are usually set by the guests rather than being a flat rate but they're usually in the region of 15-20 euro.

Thanks
    And it'd be no problem bringing something of your own for signing?
    I've never been to something like this

Thanks
    And it'd be no problem bringing something of your own for signing?
    I've never been to something like this

That's generally no problem.

That's generally no problem.

Whats the story with them selling autograph slots on the website? I presumed you could only get photo ops or autographs if you pre booked (which i missed).

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Whats the story with them selling autograph slots on the website? I presumed you could only get photo ops or autographs if you pre booked (which i missed).

You can order autographs on the site if you can't actually make it to the con, is that what you're referring to?

You can order autographs on the site if you can't actually make it to the con, is that what you're referring to?

Ah I didnt realise the autographs were only if you couldnt attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

No, you can order the autograph and show up and they put you in a priority queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nicholas Brendan and Michael Rooker (DCC guests) were just on The 7 o'clock Show (wonder how much someone got paid to come up with that name) on TV3. Marty the weatherman and your wan who used to be on RTE were a pain to listen to.

I wish DCC had announced their schedule before the tickets almost sold out, gonna miss the Xander/Enya Q&A on Sunday as I just got a Saturday ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Going on Sunday to DCC, my first ever con so looking forward to it!!

The website is unfinished which I do find odd so close to showtime, and I can't see where I can pre-book autographs, if they were sold out it would be good to know.

Looked at the '13 and '14 cons and the improvements they made from one year to the next were great, looking forward to seeing what year three brings.

Hoping to get me a pic with good ol' Merl if I can :D:D

LuvSpudz wrote: »
    Hoping to get me a pic with good ol' Merl if I can :D:D

A pic of me with Merle while Im in costume - its just so rock and roll!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

No costume for me this year - for a start I didn't know I was going 'til I accidentally saw the ticket receipt, my wife bought them in secret!

Think I'll get my feet wet as a civilian this year and possibly go costume next time :)

When you're up around the celebrity area don't forget to check out Irish comic work in Artist's Alley...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did anyone go today without a booked ticket, I am wondering how long the queue to get in was as I want to go tomorrow but don't want to waste my time if the queue will be too much. I have a mind to book my tickets for the MCM one tonight as there are priority ones still available.

Did anyone go today without a booked ticket, I am wondering how long the queue to get in was as I want to go tomorrow but don't want to waste my time if the queue will be too much. I have a mind to book my tickets for the MCM one tonight as there are priority ones still available.

People were still buying tickets at 9:30 at least. I don't imagine that tomorrow will be as busy, but I could be wrong.

Good craic today anyway. Lots of fun seeing everyone's costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

People were still buying tickets at 9:30 at least. I don't imagine that tomorrow will be as busy, but I could be wrong.

Good craic today anyway. Lots of fun seeing everyone's costumes.

I'll be going as myself tomorrow as I couldn't get a costume, see a few posts on the facebook page, Princess Leia ala Jabba's Palace looked good. I will have a costume for MCM and Invasion when they role around.

Great day today, brilliant cosplay and the Rooker Q&A was crazy, he's some man.

The highlight was the Wasteland Festival. Had a great craic in there and only cost me 2 euro (10 bottle caps). Ended up winning the raffle and now the proud owner of an actual bottle of Nuka Cola (as well as a Nerf Crossbow and Munchkin Apocalypse game). Also, all money they made went to Childline.

The stalls were a let down, very little choice of tshirts and every stall selling the same funko pop (great though if your into funko pop).

Some brilliant artists upstairs, unreal talent.

Games area was a bit of a let down with MK9 on ps3. Was hoping for the new one. The battle royale game on wii u had the biggest crowd.

HUGE queue this morning but moved quick enough. Load up on Breakfast as food choices are lacking in there.

Harley Quinn....Harley Quinn everywhere....

I thought all the Harley's were quite nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

I thought the Joker fad was over, it seemed not! The new Suicide Squad Harley will be around for a while yet!

I thought all the Harley's were quite nice ;)

Except the male Harley :pac:

• Advertisement

what i thought was weird was the amount of people dressed as Red Hood wouldn't have thought he'd have been that popular

Advertisement