Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ferry deals to France - Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭webpal

Question often arises about stop offs between Cherbourg and vendee. We've stopped in fougeres a few times and would highly recommend it. Tomorrows stage in le Tour de France is finishing there so if anyone is interested tune into Eurosport to get a birds eye view of the town and its chateau. They normally show aerial shots for a while once the stage is finished.

For anyone travelling from/to Roscoff, mur de Bretagne and vannes are the stage finishes on Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Stena prices for summer 2016 are up but seem v expensive compared to this year :( will be waiting for ploughing discounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

aquarius10 wrote: »
    Stena prices for summer 2016 are up but seem v expensive compared to this year :( will be waiting for ploughing discounts

...and LD lines might make a comeback fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    ...and LD lines might make a comeback fingers crossed.

They'll be needing a new boat though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

webpal wrote: »
    Question often arises about stop offs between Cherbourg and vendee. We've stopped in fougeres a few times and would highly recommend it. Tomorrows stage in le Tour de France is finishing there so if anyone is interested tune into Eurosport to get a birds eye view of the town and its chateau. They normally show aerial shots for a while once the stage is finished.

For anyone travelling from/to Roscoff, mur de Bretagne and vannes are the stage finishes on Saturday and Sunday.

We arrived back today from Quimper in Sth Brittany and I had looked at idea of trying to catch yesterdays stage coming into Fougeres but just couldn't see how we would make it to Cherbourg in time for ferry - if there was any delays in us getting out of there etc. then we were screwed and family would not have been happy!

Will try maybe organise better next year to try get a look in on a stage but this year we missed it unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Brittany Ferries have prices up for next summer. First 2 weeks of July for myself, the missus and 2 kids is working out at 1080 with a 2 bedroom cabin. Would prices for Brittany Ferries come down by much more usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

tony1980 wrote: »
    Brittany Ferries have prices up for next summer. First 2 weeks of July for myself, the missus and 2 kids is working out at 1080 with a 2 bedroom cabin. Would prices for Brittany Ferries come down by much more usually?

More likely to go up I'd say. That's not a bad price for that ship in July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Just priced as well €1200 for 25 June out and back 8 July 2 adults & 2 kids in 4 berth outside cabin.

Do they have any discount code or sales ?

Will wait for IF and started saving tesco vouchers - then decide between Stena & IF. Brittany is just way too expensive :(

13th of August to 27th of August is working out at 370 cheaper. I thought August would have been just as expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

13th of August to 27th of August is working out at 370 cheaper. I thought August would have been just as expensive!

Anyone got any suggestions for getting the best deal heading to Roscoff or Cherbourg next weekend including a 4 berth cabin returning the weekend of August 15th?

Trying to rescue something similar to the holiday I had to cancel a couple of weeks ago. I can be flexible +/- a couple of days either end.

Also looking for a good deal on a large mobile home in southern Vendee anywhere from St Jean de Monts to Royan basically. Usually go with an Excellence mobile home on a Siblu campsite but they're fully booked so open to suggestions.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

How's it going canto? I'm writing this from the bar of the Pont aven and its brutal at sea WiFi. I found when I was looking this year that as the ferry went down the cost of the campsites went up so it was pretty much all the same. The figure you quoted earlier seem about par for the course though. I didn't get any emails about reductions or deals over the course of the year anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Also looking for a good deal on a large mobile home in southern Vendee anywhere from St Jean de Monts to Royan basically. Usually go with an Excellence mobile home on a Siblu campsite but they're fully booked so open to suggestions.

It might be worth calling Eurocamp or Canvas as they may have a few empty pitches that they would give to you at a reduce drate

How's it going canto? I'm writing this from the bar of the Pont aven and its brutal at sea WiFi. I found when I was looking this year that as the ferry went down the cost of the campsites went up so it was pretty much all the same. The figure you quoted earlier seem about par for the course though. I didn't get any emails about reductions or deals over the course of the year anyway.

Cheers Stone ya lucky fecker you, would love to be on board having a couple of scoops right now, enjoy lad! What site are ye off to? I am doing the whole Tesco vouchers thing for next year so think I will book through Siblu.

Cheers Stone ya lucky fecker you, would love to be on board having a couple of scoops right now, enjoy lad! What site are ye off to? I am doing the whole Tesco vouchers thing for next year so think I will book through Siblu.

Heading for siblus bois dormant camp in st Jean De monts. There was plenty of late offers from siblus, right up until about a fortnight ago I was getting emails. Next year I reckon I'll book my ferry early and take my chances with accommodation. I get a discount on the siblus campsites for being a return visitor but I'd do just as well be waiting till late to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Vacansoleil still sending emails to me, as well as Irish Ferries advertising 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Vacansoleil still sending emails to me, as well as Irish Ferries advertising 10% off.

Is there a promo code if yes can you please pm it to me?

This link appears to be still working for discount off Stena

https://www.stenaline.ie/showoffer

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

Anyone got any suggestions for getting the best deal heading to Roscoff or Cherbourg next weekend including a 4 berth cabin returning the weekend of August 15th?

Trying to rescue something similar to the holiday I had to cancel a couple of weeks ago. I can be flexible +/- a couple of days either end.

Cheers.

We stayed in Camping Les Brunelles this year. It's in Longeville sur Mer. I can highly recommend it, it's a 5 star site and deserves every one of them..amazing pool area. We booked direct and got a good deal. Had a dishwasher in the mobile too which made my life easier!

• Advertisement

redmissb wrote: »
    We stayed in Camping Les Brunelles this year. It's in Longeville sur Mer. I can highly recommend it, it's a 5 star site and deserves every one of them..amazing pool area. We booked direct and got a good deal. Had a dishwasher in the mobile too which made my life easier!

Looks a very nice site. No availability starting next weekend according to the booking engine. Might give them a call on Monday.

I've booked thru the owners directly on this site http://www.directholidayhomes.co.uk a couple of times and it's great value. They would have reps on site looking after a few mobiles. You could try one and if it's booked, ask if their rep knew of a a vacant one. Going to camping les biches in 4 weeks :)

Heading for siblus bois dormant camp in st Jean De monts. There was plenty of late offers from siblus, right up until about a fortnight ago I was getting emails. Next year I reckon I'll book my ferry early and take my chances with accommodation. I get a discount on the siblus campsites for being a return visitor but I'd do just as well be waiting till late to book.

Hi SD4,

I was in Le Bois Masson across the road from Le Bois Dormant last year. They are great sites. Masson is better for food and the shop but Dormant has a nicer layout and really nice pool area.

If you've nothing to do some morning and fancy helping out a fellow Boardsie please ask in reception if they would have an Excellence (preferably with covered Terrace) from next Sat July 25th for 3 weeks in either Masson or Dormant. I was booked into Masson for 3 weeks from July 11th but had to cancel due to a close family member becoming seriously ill. She subsequently died and I'm now scrambling to try and rescue the annual holiday. I'll be calling the Siblu booking office on Monday but sometimes an onsite enquiry can be more effective as local management can sometimes know of availability which isn't on the centralised booking system. Clutching at straws maybe but if you'd ask I'd sure appreciate it.

I'll PM you my contact details and prior booking reference if it's needed.

Cheers.

I've booked thru the owners directly on this site http://www.directholidayhomes.co.uk a couple of times and it's great value. They would have reps on site looking after a few mobiles. You could try one and if it's booked, ask if their rep knew of a a vacant one. Going to camping les biches in 4 weeks :)

I already contacted over 60 holiday home owners on various campsites from www.directholidayhomes.co.uk and none have availability for 3 weeks starting this coming Saturday.

Wow, you really are determined (and condolences btw), would you consider booking the first week somewhere and just wing it? You might get the same campsite just a different mobile. 3 weeks at this stage in one place is obviously a tough task.

Hi SD4,

I was in Le Bois Masson across the road from Le Bois Dormant last year. They are great sites. Masson is better for food and the shop but Dormant has a nicer layout and really nice pool area.

If you've nothing to do some morning and fancy helping out a fellow Boardsie please ask in reception if they would have an Excellence (preferably with covered Terrace) from next Sat July 25th for 3 weeks in either Masson or Dormant. I was booked into Masson for 3 weeks from July 11th but had to cancel due to a close family member becoming seriously ill. She subsequently died and I'm now scrambling to try and rescue the annual holiday. I'll be calling the Siblu booking office on Monday but sometimes an onsite enquiry can be more effective as local management can sometimes know of availability which isn't on the centralised booking system. Clutching at straws maybe but if you'd ask I'd sure appreciate it.

I'll PM you my contact details and prior booking reference if it's needed.

Cheers.

Consider it done , the ferry is just pulling into roscoff now and I should be there in about 5 hours all going well. I'll ask when I'm checking in .

Wow, you really are determined (and condolences btw), would you consider booking the first week somewhere and just wing it? You might get the same campsite just a different mobile. 3 weeks at this stage in one place is obviously a tough task.

Hi Webpal,

I'd prefer to have the three weeks sorted brute I go and writing ready like to have to pack up and move somewhere else after a week but of that's my only option I might week give it a go. Noting ventured and all that....

Consider it done , the ferry is just pulling into roscoff now and I should be there in about 5 hours all going well. I'll ask when I'm checking in .

Thanks SD4, really appreciate that.

Got your PM and emailed you my contact details and previous booking info.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Thanks SD4, really appreciate that.

Got your PM and emailed you my contact details and previous booking info.

Cheers.

Let us know if it works out for you!

Advertisement