Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Final Position,Team Value and No of Transfers for the season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Team value: £105.1m
    Transfers: 36

Was in the top 1k at one point during the season but neglected my team for a few weeks which cost me big time. Fell to 22k but managed 3 green arrows to finish the season so that's something to be pleased about I suppose even if a top 10k finish was well within reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Overall Points2,099 Overall Rank54,623 Total transfers 45 Team value£101.8m happy enough:)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭dasa29

Overall Points 2060
    Overall Rank 96774
    Total transfers 38
    Team value £107.2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Rank- 1,511- in the top 1k for so long. Not c Aguero in gw 36 killed me there
    £107.2
    Transfers 45- mostly seemed to pay of i think
    2nd in FSA Championship-
    4th in Champions Cup- so a good season but not far of a great one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Final Overall Ranking: 955th

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 103.7m

Total Transfers: 39 (4 hits)

Your Best Transfer(s): Aguero in for Spurs (H) - a 38 point captain. Also starting with Fabregas and flipping to Hazard at the right time.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Debuchy or Naughton, both injured in their 1st game after being 'signed'

Highlight of the Season: Winning my 2 main MLs but most importantly finishing in the top 1k for the 1st time

Lowlight of the Season: Post Christmas. I was 214th at the end of GW17. 5 consecutive red arrows later I was 4,148th. I know its not much of a lowlight, but I did feel that the wheels were coming off at that point.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Not really learned, just confirmed the importance of patience. NEVER make transfers on a saturday or sunday night. Emotions are too high and bad decisions are made.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Baby No2 due to arrive early season so I think a big step back will be made. A top 50k finish would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Finished in 17,719th and made 55 transfers most of the hits where in the 1st half of the season. I wont be making as many next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

3567th
    39 transfers (24 pts hit)
    TV £107.0m

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Final Position: 11,044
    Transfers made: 59

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Final Overall Ranking: 1649

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 106

Total Transfers: 44

Your Best Transfer(s): Di maria to sanchez when di maria was in form and sanchez had yet to take off

Your Worst Transfer(s): wildcarding for gw 3 and taking out costa

Highlight of the Season: signing walcott yesterday and him being key for winning me a grand

Lowlight of the Season: not signing ings ahead of stoke away when he scored 2 goals despite bigging him up on here. Nearly broke my foot kicking a chair when he scored 2 goals in the first 15 mins.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Try and do transfers every 2nd week. Bank a transfer and then make 2.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Try and make the top 1k. Ive finished top 11k the last 4 years with 2 top 2k finishes so top 1k is the goal. Id also like to be able to just get the results at 5 o clock on a sat instead of checking my phone every 2 mins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Final Overall Ranking: 26834(highest ever)

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 106.4

Total Transfers: 54(76 hit points)

Your Best Transfer(s): Benteke(C) for the DGW

Your Worst Transfer(s): Falcao

Highlight of the Season: Winning the FPL Academy Team Cup. Winning my money league and promotion from FSA League 2.

Lowlight of the Season: None, best season I've had.

What Have You Learned from this Season: No knee jerk transfers. Restrict the amount of hits taken.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Defend the FPL Academy Team Cup. Win my money league. Promotion to FSA Championship and top 10K finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I tend to keep track of my moves throughout the year (sad I know!) so here are a few stats I came up with. All fairly meaningless I know but thought I'd stick it up anyway:

Total players used: 58 (8GK, 20DEF, 18MID, 12FOR)
    Points per position:
    GK - 156. Highest individual scorer was Heaton with 36 (I rotate keepers)
    DEF - 457 HS was Bertrand with 62
    MID - 773 + 21 Capt points = 794 HS was Sanchez (123 + 10 Capt points)
    FOR - 641 + 263 Capt points = 904 HS was Aguero (178 + 113 Capt points)
    Hits - 16

I captained 33 forwards and 5 midfielders. Captained Aguero 14 times.

I played 3-4-3 32 times, 3-5-2 3 times, 4-4-2 twice and 4-3-3 once.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Final Overall Ranking: 14,957

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 105

Total Transfers: 48

Your Best Transfer(s): Pelle in GW4 just as he was embarking on that run, beginning with his 2 against Newcastle

Your Worst Transfer(s): - Kevin Nolan and RVP in that one week of early madness, Azpili over Terry when I wildcarded before the winter madness and Andrej Kramaric for Leicester's DGW

Highlight of the Season: Captaining PVA for the DGW 37, the fact everyone here was rooting for me because of my madness made it even better. Naww you guys #TotesEmosh

Lowlight of the Season: January, February, March, April

What Have You Learned from this Season: When things start to go wrong midseason and everyone has the same team and players just ride it out and sit in the peloton. You'll get your chances to leap forward and I'm at my best in this game in the final 2 months when a chase truly begins. I just need to still be within touching distance.

Also it's not as easy as I thought to be sitting so high up around 1k-5k, especially for somebody like myself with itchy fingers, hence the paragraph above :o

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Win the game obviously :) Every season is different. Top 10k and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Final Overall Ranking:
    Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank):
    105.9 (.5)
    Total Transfers:

Your Best Transfer(s):
    Getting in Walters the week of his hat-trick was the biggest single week one, he did very little for the few weeks after that mind. Silva was probably the best differential for my private league over the past 10 weeks or so, I reckon his returns almost won it for me single-handedly and kick started a nice finishing run where i saw green arrows for 13 of the subsequent 16 gameweeks.

I'll also always have a lot of time for Charlie Austin now too, great little player.

Your Worst Transfer(s):
    Many of these, Getting in both Gibson and Naughton only to have them both ruled out for the rest of the season that week was an annoying one.
    Falcao and Jovetic was a terrible punts early one, I'd consider both Pelle and Tadic to be pure failures for me too but it served me right for getting them in a bandwagony way after the Sunderland rout.

If i had to choose one I'd probably go for Falcao due to his price and potential.

(edit: taking sanchez out accidently and spending 4 points to immediately get him back in again was also a pretty bad transfer!)

Highlight of the Season:
    Walters' hat-trick was nice, finishing in the top 10k after being very, very far away from it at the midpoint of the season was a nice plus.

Lowlight of the Season:
    First wildcard was a mess, I'd hoped to get some value in my team but at that stage none of the sites had remotely accurate predictions. I wound up keeping numerous players who i had no intention of keeping purely out of wanting to benefit from their potential rises the subsequent week. I plumetted the subsequent weeks until i hit the low of around the 500k mark, it took a while to get a good run going where i felt the balance was right in the team.

What Have You Learned from this Season:
    Sometimes you'll pick the wrong player for a position in the right team (ivan vs terry, bruce vs mcshane etc.) It happens and you just have to get over it and be aware that you picked the right team.

Goalkeeping rotation is tricky, getting it right is definitely worth more than having just the one good keeper but it's f**king frustrating when you get it wrong and perhaps not worth the stress! My heaton-panti combo really worked out for the past few weeks though.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016:
    Top 10k again, it should always be my minimum expectation I feel even though the game has gotten a lot more competitive I feel.Maybe enter a couple more pay leagues to make the stress worth it.
    After the high of getting to the 1k mark last year it was always going to be hard to do better. Maybe holding off such an early wildcard would be smart, waiting for the second two week break instead of the first would be a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Final Overall Ranking: 1590

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 105.0m

Total Transfers: 43

Your Best Transfer(s): Siggy and Sterling out for Hazard(c) and Downing(-4) in GW10

Your Worst Transfer(s): Giroud and Sterling out for Defoe and Sanchez(c)(-4) in GW25. I really should have swallowed my pride and at least got Kane in over Defoe

Highlight of the Season: Going 90th in the world in GW17 after Austin(c) hatty and Terry's first 15 pointer of the season

Lowlight of the Season: DGW31 owning no DGWers and dropping over 50 points to some rivals. It's even worse because I sold Austin for Costa the day before the DGW was announced

What Have You Learned from this Season: Don't make early transfers. Play my own game and don't be obsessed with ownership and captaincy stats (at least until the end). Don't try and be too clever in terms of selling cheap, in form players.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: I'd love to finish top 1k, win the Boards Pay league, and win promotion from FSA League 2. I'll be defending my dissertation in October, but I'm sure I'll still be using this as a writing/sanity break

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Final Overall Ranking: 9152

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): £107.5m (£106.4m + £1.1m)

Total Transfers: 44 (36 pts hit: 5x4 + 2x8)

Your Best Transfer(s): Silva & Terry before Christmas ; Cazorla during Jan WC and for my only great (GW23) captain call of the season. Also Fabregas early and switching to Hazard at the right time. I also managed pretty well my GKs this year: I limited the wasted pts on the bench and my overall approach and patience got rewarded.

Your Worst Transfer(s): The fantastic 4: Baines, Zab, Jones, Bertrand each successively and respectively for their crapest FPL period in their entire life.
    To a lesser extent, Ramsey for DGW37 and his GW38 cameo could have ruined my end of season push of 7 green arrows in a row and denied me a hardly acquired 4 digits finish. Fortunately he "only" could have...

Highlight of the Season: To make the top10k after such a tough tough season where I never seemed to make the right choices at the right time (bar my final push).

Lowlight of the Season: Ignoring DGW31 & overall my consistent captain failures (though Agüero 4 times out of the last 6 GWs - the other 2 being the most popular DGW choice - salvaged it all by himself).

What Have You Learned from this Season: There's no right or wrong strategies, at times playing it safe will work, at other times taking hits e.g. to rearrange your team will pay too. But always keep a cool head and never forget this is a marathon not a sprint.
    My season could actually be a pedagogical tutorial for a rookie :p: there's the overall achievement of fighting it out till the end and succeeding to reach the objective but there's also several examples of what not to do :p.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: 4th finish in a row in top 20k. 2nd in a row in top 10k. Next year top 1k will be my start of season aim with a secondary top 5k target.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Final Overall Ranking: 16,299

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 104.9 million and 0.7 million in the bank.

Total Transfers: 39.

Your Best Transfer(s): GW 10 - Duff to Chambers. GW 13 - Pelle to Austin.

Your Worst Transfer(s): GW 18 - Green to Hart. GW 23 - Kane to Pelle and Silva to Di Maria. GW 27 - Terry to Wolly. GW 28 - Jones to Bertrand.

Highlight of the Season: Very few highlights in terms of the game. I did win my cash leagues though and that's the main aim.

Lowlight of the Season: The amount of transfer errors I made. Was in the top 5k when I played my wildcard in January and it all went downhill from there.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Don't chase differentials or overthink the game. Stick with tried and tested players.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Top 1k finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

redarmy wrote: »
    Overall Points2,099 Overall Rank54,623 Total transfers 45 Team value£101.8m happy enough:)

Ah balls, I was hoping to win a prize for lowest team value:(:P

Transfers: 48
    Team value: 102.9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Final Overall Ranking: 5091

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 105.5

Total Transfers: 42

Your Best Transfer(s): GW 17 - Oscar and Duff out, Silva and Zabaleta in. Silva got 30 points in 2 GWs, and I went from 2.7k to top 700 OR.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Maybe it's because it's the most recent, by switching Kane out for Cisse this week cost me top 5k finish.

Highlight of the Season: Achieving my aim of a top 10k finish.
    For pure entertainment, the week that Aguero scored 4. I captained Costa, he didn't play and Aguero got the captaincy. To top it all off, Boyd subbed in with 8 points. Think that was the week he was christened SGB!

Lowlight of the Season: My WC. Wheels came off my season with that.

- I do better when I play it safe and conservative. It may be boring, but ultimately I do better!
    - A lot of things are about a balance. I felt that quite a few times I trusted my gut and it worked out. But also, sometimes you have to use your head (for example if someone has a massive captaincy percentage in a particular week) and follow the crowd.
    - DGWs: again I think a balanced approach works (for me at least). It's important to have yourself covered with some DGW players, but investing heavily in them might not work out in the long run (unless your have a WC to sort it out down the line).
    - WC: I'm going to try and keep my WC as late as possible in the year. It should be possible to be in a decent position with 7/8 GWs to go, and a WC at that point could be really helpful.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016:[/QUOTE] I think finishing in the top 10k is a good achievement, so I'll just be aiming for that again next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh presumably but in the table its still going to list one above the other.

No we are both listed in the same position, there are 21 people tied in 978th place. Benimam has the same points total as us but has 20 places on us due to less transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

menoscemo wrote: »
    No we are both listed in the same position, there are 21 people tied in 978th place. Benimam has the same points total as us but has 20 places on us due to less transfers

21 wow thats crazy! It must list you guys in some order though it couldn't just be one line with all the names running across the table!

EDIT: just had a look there's only 4 tied for 978th when you go to the table? It lists teams in team ID order when tied on transfers thats what I was looking to find out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Final Overall Ranking: 854

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 102.9

Your Best Transfer(s): It has to be Benteke for the DGW, massive move made that week due to that transfer, I also appear to have gotten the Baines moves perfect, had him for 5 weeks with an average approaching 12 points.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Nugent came in for the DGW and didn't play a minute for me while Vardy and Ulloa did some damage.
    I am/was also far too supportive of Steven Caulker,

Highlight of the Season: I genuinely favour Heatons penalty save and subsequent clean sheet over the huge captaincy hauls from Benteke and Aguero

Lowlight of the Season: Every time Fabregas did something it was like a little dagger in my skin, similarly Silva towards the end of the year.
    Probably blowing a huge lead in the FSA Premier league

What Have You Learned from this Season: I don't know if I've learned anything. I realise that I could achieve higher team value by following more bandwagons but that would involve me making some moves that I am not comfortable with. I found that by waiting until Friday night or Saturday morning to make moves did cost me further team value but I think it balanced itself by ensuring I had a strong 11 each week. I was never caught out by an injury until Nugent pulled up in the warm up.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Expectations would be top 5k. Aim would be top 100 and dare I say it overall champion:D (somebody has to win it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

Final Overall Ranking: 14138

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 106.4 +1.0

Your Best Transfer(s): Charlie Austin in before christmas scoring a hattrick

Your Worst Transfer(s): Changing Fab to Hazard on eve of first day of season and to get the money Siggy out for Rodwell

Highlight of the Season: Getting back from being out outside 100k in GW24 to finishing about 14k

Lowlight of the Season: Getting the team wrong from day 1

What Have You Learned from this Season: Get the team rightfrom the start

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: If you get the team correct at start and stay up top its harder to move down in rankings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

jimmii wrote: »
    21 wow thats crazy! It must list you guys in some order though it couldn't just be one line with all the names running across the table!

EDIT: just had a look there's only 4 tied for 978th when you go to the table? It lists teams in team ID order when tied on transfers thats what I was looking to find out!

Oops, I meant to come back and edit that!! yeah only 4 ties in 978th makes it all the more of a coincidence that myself and Boots are tied!!

There were 42 overall on our points total though from 944th to 986th. Just goes to show thee is a decent value on making less transfers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

TOTAL - 2084
    Overall - 67692
    Value €103.7m
    Transfers 43

failed to qualify for the cup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Final Overall Ranking: - 67692
    Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): €103.7m + €1.1m

Total Transfers: - 43

Your Best Transfer(s):
    1. Di Maria to Sanchez at the right week
    2. Fabregas to Harzard the rigth week
    3. Aguero in for captain with a delicious 46 point return

Your Worst Transfer(s): -
    1. Moreno for Liverpools DGW
    2. Gomez for Sunderland DGW

Highlight of the Season: Winning the double in my main league (H2H also)

Lowlight of the Season: Happy overall, but had a very slow start.

What Have You Learned from this Season: DO NOT tinker saturday morning. Almost always goes wrong.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: I want to get into the top 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Overall Points 2,008
    Overall Rank 192,606
    Total Transfers 40
    Team Value 106.2

Best Transfer: Costa
    Worst Transfer: Giroud

Best Moment: Captain Aguero when he scored 20 points (totaled: 40 points)
    Worst Moment: Arsenal had two Week 37, so I Transfered and Captained Giroud. Total bust!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Final Overall Ranking: - 1994

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): £106.2m

Total Transfers: - 39

Your Best Transfer(s): Probably Silva as he was bizarrely a differential.

Your Worst Transfer(s): - Giroud for the last 5/6 games and all the Liverpool players. Awful :(

Highlight of the Season: Captaining Austin for their DGW and winning the Harps Cup was nice.

Lowlight of the Season: None really apart from Walcott ruining my chances of finishing 2nd in the Harps league! :p

What Have You Learned from this Season: Don't make transfers on a Saturday morning and many of my punts never worked.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Enter a couple more money leagues and aim to kick on. Easier said than done but delighted with this season as I've only really taken the game seriously the past 2 seasons.

Big shout out to the FSA crew as well. Been a great resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Final Overall Ranking: 150,117

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 103.5

Total Transfers: 52

Your Best Transfer(s):
    benteke in gw31/ austin in for his hat trick.

Your Worst Transfer(s):
    Silva out for sterling in gw34/ two terrible wild cards

Highlight of the Season:

Finishing 100k places higher than last year in my second year playing the game. Decent start and fantastic end to the season. Saw green arrows in 8 of the last 10 game weeks. Best individual moments were benteke(c) for the dgw, Austin(c) for his hattrick and aguero(c) for his 23 points.

Lowlight of the Season:
    Mid-season. Took too many hits and too many underperforming players. Went as low as 450k at one stage. My bad luck and bad decisions were summed up by benching Kane for his 18 pointer and captaining Giroud the week he got sent off.

Don't take hits unless absolutely necessary. I finished 4 pts off the top in my main mini league, which shows how important it is to justify your hits. Also, if your team is struggling mid season, stick to tried and tested players rather than chasing differentials.

I'd be happy to finish anywhere inside the top 100k, but with a bit of luck who knows how high( or low) I could finish. Want to win my mini league and probably enter a few pay leagues for a bit more reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Final Overall Ranking:

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank):

106.2 0 in the bank

Total Transfers:

Far too many - 56

Your Best Transfer(s):

Benteke and Phillips for the DGW, they along with Silva won me my mini league

Your Worst Transfer(s):

Girdoud, it was around Christmas, I brought him in and gave him the arm band and he was sent off after 20 minutes or so if I remember correctly

Highlight (s) of the Season:

I added an (s) to that. First is breaking the 100 points barrier, second is consistently improving my rank throughout the season, whether it was breaking into top 100k, top 50k, top 20k, top 10k, once I did it I never slipped back in my OR rank. Lastly, I ran really well with a few players, I brought in Downing at just the right moment and ditched him right when he hit poor form, same for Baines.

Lowlight of the Season:

When there was a case of mistaken identity and my player was wrongly sent off (I had Gibbs wrongly sent off last season too!). Though this was made up for when Dawson got away with the same thing and dodged a red card.

Stop taking so many points hits!

Improve my overall rank, focus more on form rather than fixtures and template teams, in short be a little more adventurous with my team selection. Also cut out the headaches, don't put myself in a position where I have agonising selection headaches each week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Final Overall Ranking: 18,822

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 105 million

Total Transfers: 40

Your Best Transfer(s): Nothing stands out

Your Worst Transfer(s): Bringing in Bertrand who proceeded to pick up a booking that cost me my H2H game by one point. He then got sent off in the next game

Highlight of the Season: Staying in the Premier League by winning my last game of the season.

Lowlight of the Season: Repeatedly bad Captain choices.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Judge players by form, not fixtures

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: To stay in the Premier League. To break the top 10k.

Advertisement