Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you vote for Nigel Farage?

Options
  • 07-05-2015 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Jolly Joker or Rogue Racist?

Love him or hate him, Nigel Farage seems to be the only party leader who doesn't blend in with the usual establishment grey brigade.
    If you were voting today, would you be tempted?

Would you vote for Nigel Ferage 111 votes

Absolutely
    0% 0 votes
    God no!
    28% 32 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    71% 79 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

He looks like a real life spitting image character. And talks like one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Anagram of

Gala Reefing

for the stoners

and

Free Anal Gig

for the Liberals

So, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Phil Mitchell

100% Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

No, too right wing for me. But some of what he says makes sense. You could say that about most politicians though...except Fidelma Healy Eames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I'd vote for FF before his lot. Honest to god, FF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

c_man wrote: »
    I'd vote for FF before his lot. Honest to god, FF.

Jesus man, wash your mouth out

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

I would vote for Nigel Farage, but not for UKIP because most of their representatives are incompetent goofballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Don't see a point in leaving the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

No but would have a pint with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

annascott wrote: »
    Jolly Joker or Rogue Racist?

Love him or hate him, Nigel Farage seems to be the only party leader who doesn't blend in with the usual establishment grey brigade.
    If you were voting today, would you be tempted?

A classic example of someone educated beyond his intelligence.

The one time I have agreed with him was when he was putting a Feminazi in her place for "daring" to say that your value as a Broker is diminished if you spend too much time away from the workplace e.g through long holiday or pregnancy and even then he laboured to put his point across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Absolutely not. Populist contrarian nonsense, with a healthy dose of racism thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Hey you!... ordinary person, Im like you. Are you tired of those other people??! Damn straight. We all know who we mean. Lets have a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I would share a certain degree of his euro skepticism and having an Australian style points system from immigrants doesn't sound like a terrible idea but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Yes, I'd vote for him.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not a snowball's chance in hell I'd vote for him or any UKIP member.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not a chance, can't stand that "Little Englander" and "Johnny Foreigner" attitude.

They are divisive and have mad policies.

Look what happened to LPF in The Netherlands when they got power

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Lovely man- though I get all my UK politics from watching Gogglebox so might not be the best judge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Vannavolga

I don't know much about each candidates policies but if it was a personality contest Nick Clegg would be the clear winner in my eyes. Ed Miliband the clear loser.

No. Seems like a grand fellow though, just don't like some of what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No, and I hope he doesn't get elected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Firstly, to state the obvious: you wouldn't be voting for Farage unless you were voting in South Thanet (incl. Ramsgate). You could vote for a UKIP candidate elsewhere, if one is standing. But the most UKIP can hope for, from this election, is to increase their representation in Parliament.

Farage isn't a MP yet, he's hoping that will change by tomorrow, and his choice of seat is not a coincidence: Ramsgate is a major ferry port where many illegal immigrants enter the UK. To win the seat, however, he'll have to beat all the major party candiates as well as comedian Al Murray (Freedom UK Party (FUKP)) and Zebadiah Abu-Obadiah of the Al-Zebabist Nation of Ooog. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

bnt wrote: »
    Firstly, to state the obvious: you wouldn't be voting for Farage unless you were voting in South Thanet (incl. Ramsgate). You could vote for a UKIP candidate elsewhere, if one is standing. But the most UKIP can hope for, from this election, is to increase their representation in Parliament.

It surprises me how many people don't realise this, or they are being purposefully stupid. Even after going into vote and seeing the various names on the ballot paper, they will come out and tomorrow will be complaining that "I didn't vote for Cameron/ Milliband/ Sturgeon/ Clegg" and how dare the PM be decided without my vote counting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I'd vote for Dick Venes (Green Party).
    Something quite sinister about Farage, though he has tapped into what is a very live issue for the blood bred English.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Not in a million years. Odious man, sinister party.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Mod

Poll added.

And I absolutely would not vote for him, for what's worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

He looks identical to my mate's father who is a sound bloke. I'm a Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Y'know that 'one way trip to Mars' project? Well, if he applied for that, and it came down to the last 50, and the final choice of one man and one woman was put out to a public vote?

Yes. Absolutely. I'd vote for the horrible little polyp. Katie Hopkins would get my No.2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

endacl wrote: »
    Y'know that 'one way trip to Mars' project? Well, if he applied for that, and it came down to the last 50, and the final choice of one man and one woman was put out to a public vote?

Yes. Absolutely. I'd vote for the horrible little polyp. Katie Hopkins would get my No.2.
    Here is a good reason to vote Labour then:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/katie-hopkins-promises-to-leave-the-uk-if-labour-get-elected-wins-ed-miliband-the-battle-for-number-10-10138526.html

Advertisement