Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childish traits that stayed with you

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Thats funny. I was thinking of starting a thread on things which have stuck with you from childrens TV.
    I always consciously wash behind my ears in the shower and it is purely from a Burt and Ernie sketch on Sesame Street!:D

But anyway..
    I eat ridiculously fast on account of Im from a large family and dinner was usually pots of spuds, cabbage and a slab of mate in the middle of the table and then eat or be eaten!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I still watch the occasional cartoon, like Gumball and Adventure Time... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

When I urinate, I pull my pants down and leave them around my ankles ...

Is ok at home, but I get funny looks when in bar toilets .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I still find well placed bursts of flatulence quite humorous..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

the_monkey wrote: »

I presume youre male..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I still run up the stairs when I switch off the light, just in case there is an axe murder following me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I presume youre male..?

Yes

But seriously, I think I used a teaspoon to eat cereal untill I was about 17 ... Just felt more comfortable ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Picking my nose and irrational fear of the dentist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Yes

But seriously, I think I used a teaspoon to eat cereal untill I was about 17 ... Just felt more comfortable ..

I didn't have the patience to curtail the greed.. I think my teaspoon got the boot before I could talk :o

I get needy and paranoid if either of my parents hangs up the phone before they say 'Love you!'

I've been known to call them back and make them say it.

I'm 28.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

I have a sister who still tells mammy on me.

Received a nasty message at Christmas time, saying I'm still not done getting revenge on her, blaming me for something I didn't do. The revenge she spoke of was having my bedside light on because she blamed me for breaking the Christmas tree. Its because I couldn't see in the dark, not that I was keeping her awake. I apparently stole her bank card too out of revenge because the bedside light wasnt enough. Revenge, revenge, revenge.

Just because she's a revengeful person and hasn't outgrown her childish ways, I must be too.

We're in our thirties and she still hasn't apologised for her behaviour at Christmas. But I wasn't expecting it, because it was the same behaviour in her twenties and she never did then.

Have fallen out with her but she spent two years in our twenties blaming me for trivial crap before. Accept it at Christmas time, and there will be something else that would be my fault every second week. I wasn't going there.

She can't be adult, I won't deal with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I always consciously wash behind my ears in the shower and it is purely from a Burt and Ernie sketch on Sesame Street!:D

Who ??

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I soil myself occasionally, usually after copious amounts of ale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

The Master wrote: »
    Sucking on titties

In conjunction with this and your avatar I am making some very unfair judgements about you! Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

Robsweezie wrote: »
    are there any traits you had from childhood that you never really grew out of?? im sure there are many people as a child who always wanted the sweets to themselves, always wanted to be the leader of a game, never wanted to share their toys, spoiled etc. and these become the bossy, selfish entitled adults who were never corrected enough as kids. do you have any traits developed young that have stayed with you throughout life, good or bad? or know anyone like this?

a brother of mine never really has grown up in the traditional sense, apparently he still relies on my da for digouts, ungrateful, cant hold down a job, and just really immature with an attitude problem. this is typical of him down through the years and how we remember him as a kid.

I don't really know anyone like you mention.

I have this one habit of (I don't know how to explain it) when I get excited I screw up my face and hands and squeal. I hum a lot. I daydream a lot. I leave people little notes and presents.

On the bad side I let my fears and imaginations run wild with me. I can still be overly stubborn and aggressive. On the positive side though I have learnt as an adult to apologize straight away and be straight up about it. I think I have learnt to harness my strong temper well. It is there though.

I am still overly sensitive. I expect that will not change. You have to pander to it somewhat if you want to be my friend.

I have a curiosity about the world still.

I can laugh at the silliest things.

I have a sweetness that can be overly gauche and annoying at times. It belies my strengths though which is useful sometimes.

'I get needy and paranoid if either of my parents hangs up the phone before they say 'Love you!'

I've been known to call them back and make them say it.

I'm 28. '

I do this too! And even with friends occasionally. Let's not be ashamed Candie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

These days I can keep it in, but I still throw a huge hissy fit inside me when my Mum invariably tells me how nice my hair looks when I'm having a seriously bad hair day. It's not as if I see her that often either. I think my hair reverts to frizz as soon as it knows I'm going to see her.

Curses! They're both conspiring against me. :mad:

Oh, and Carr's water biscuits are still the height of sophistication. I feel nearly naughty sneaking them when they're meant to be "for special cheeses". Thanks again Mum ;-):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

I was a ridiculously anxious child. I was nervous about everything for no reason. My dad thought me a technique to keep my mind of my nerves, bouncing my leg when sitting. I still do it when I'm nervous. People hate it if your on a bench :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,655 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Yes

I'm 20 and still do that :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Myself and my brother still play fight. Also anytime we are in my parents and get food I end up hiding his plate, or the salt, or sauce, his drink just to wind him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I still get uncomfortable around certain numbers or patterns that are uneven. I hate the number seven. If I go around something clockwise I feel the need to even it up by going anti-clockwise. Roundabouts didn't sit well with me when I was learning to drive. I think it's a subconscious need for order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Robsweezie wrote: »
    are there any traits you had from childhood that you never really grew out of?? im sure there are many people as a child who always wanted the sweets to themselves, always wanted to be the leader of a game, never wanted to share their toys, spoiled etc. and these become the bossy, selfish entitled adults who were never corrected enough as kids. do you have any traits developed young that have stayed with you throughout life, good or bad? or know anyone like this?

a brother of mine never really has grown up in the traditional sense, apparently he still relies on my da for digouts, ungrateful, cant hold down a job, and just really immature with an attitude problem. this is typical of him down through the years and how we remember him as a kid.

I sometimes forget I'm not wearing a nappy .......... with disastrous results!!

My wife says my mam ruined me, that I'm spoilt ........ but I think she just says that when I won't give her her own way .......... although I will admit to disliking sharing so maybe she has a point? Or maybe I should have just stayed at home with Mammy!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I still drink with straws and always have a pack of them in the press. Don't mind going without when I'm away from home though, but given the choice I'll take a straw every time. it's better for your teeth when it comes to fizzy drinks and cold ones too. Not sure how childish it is but I've done it since I was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Video games. Never grew out of 'em. Should be thinking about tracker mortgages and good makes of lawnmower by now but no, still with the video games. Im such a big child.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I have been a fussy eater since I started eating solids. Food and I just don't go well!
    Between the ingredients, and in the order of type of food I eat (veg/meat/potatoes) and that's decided when it's put in front of me.
    I can't have food in sauce or mixed (eg: stew/ lasagne/gravy), but I like soup, if there isn't ANY lumps of the food in it.

I separate all the types of food on the plate.

I bite my lips when I sleep.

I have to tuck my pyjamas bottoms into my socks at night.
    I can't sleep without socks, or when my feet are cold.

Snoring and talking in my sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Sometimes when I'm walking down a pavement, or tiled floor etc. I'll play the "aviod the gap" game

My whole family calls biscuits 'bikkies', dinner is 'din-dins' and hospitals are 'hostabuildings'.

I swear we're normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Anytime I get together with my three brothers there's always a fight only now we don't use weapons any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Drawing penises on stuff never gets old; do it on snapchats these days.

Advertisement