Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biggest lies in movies...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Joe prim wrote: »
    Beautiful women don't go with er..."average-looking guys", eh? What about Gerard Kean and the gorgeous Lisa Murphy, so there?

So hot girl, below average guy situations like the Hangover, Knocked up, 40 year old virgin happen all the time then in real life, yeah?

Couples also always climax together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Candles.

if youve ever tried to walk around your house in the dark using a candle for light, you'll know that they'll be blown out by any wind stronger than a bumblebees fart. yet you can apparently use them quite easily in films.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Computers beep when performing the most mundane of tasks.

They don't when I use them. :(
    You can assign sounds to stuff like maximising/minimising a window, closing a program etc. Try it! especially the ir_... sounds on Windows. Or use any cheesy effects.

Makes your crappy laptop sound like Mother in Alien or like you're some hotshot CSI guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

KungPao wrote: »
    You can assign sounds to stuff like maximising/minimising a window, closing a program etc. Try it! especially the ir_... sounds on Windows. Or use any cheesy effects.

Makes your crappy laptop sound like Mother in Alien or like you're some hotshot CSI guy.

Mine makes a "ta-da!" sound when I log on. Cheers me up when I'm facing into a day's work in the morning. For about three seconds.

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned....

The bad guy has the hero at his mercy with a gun pointed at him yet decides to talk to him for a considerable amount of time until a window opens for escape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sex scenes with no signs of physical exertion & no evidence of sweat present on skin afterwards.

Mine makes a "ta-da!" sound when I log on. Cheers me up when I'm facing into a day's work in the morning. For about three seconds.
    Ha, I just installed these CSI style sounds for a laugh.

It's ridiculous, beeping all over the place here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Mexican characters speak fluent English but will still say 'Si' 'Gracias' and 'Señor' all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned....

The bad guy has the hero at his mercy with a gun pointed at him yet decides to talk to him for a considerable amount of time until a window opens for escape.

I've trapped you Mr. Bond, now I will explain my devious plan in detail!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

People never close doors. Even front doors.
    Everyone has the exact change.
    Car tyres screech every time you stop.

One thing that I hate in movies is when the hero is about to be killed. The bad guy is about the pull the trigger/stab him. Just as he's about to do it, he falls to the ground. Because the supporting character off screen has just shot/stabbed/shot and arrow into him just before he killed the hero. This usually means he gains the trust of the hero, will be a very competent sidekick and they'll be great friends till he dies at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The 'Enter' key on a keyboard can shut off an entire server

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sex scenes with no signs of physical exertion & no evidence of sweat present on skin afterwards.

Ever heard of kamasutra? :P

Mexican characters speak fluent English but will still say 'Si' and 'Señor' all the time.
    Si Senor, I know heeem, hee eees my amigo, esse.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ever heard of kamasutra? :P

Smoked a few once, but it wasn't for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

"Zoom in"... "Enhance"...
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Drivers drive without moving their hands from the ten to two steering wheel position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

A lot of things in the Michael Collins movie were a lie. For instance Eamon Broy, the informant inside G Division who passed files onto Collins, was found, tortured and killed in the movie. In real life, he died in 1972, and went on to become Commisioner of the Gardaí after the War of Independence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

thelad95 wrote: »
    That the guy always gets the girl in the end. In real life, that rarely happens and I think some teenagers can get overly high expectations from this cliché.

I found it amazing in Taken 3, how Liam Neeson walked away free despite the local police knowing he killed up to 100 people, including other police in the space of 3 days.

Well, I guess if you're a 60 year old capable of killing a hundred people, including cops, the smart people stay out of your way.

I found it truly bizarre that at the end of Taken he flew back to the US openly having literally killed dozens of people and shot the wife of the chief of French intelligence. He would be a hunted terrorist. But the whole thing is comic book stuff anyway. Reality does not apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Cops in dodgy neighbourhood just leave car with windows open and keys in the ignition.

Car chase: No matter what speed they are driving they always have another gear to change up into, they do this numerous times in any chase.

Sex scene: After riding the arseholes off each other and exchanging all manners of bodily fluids they lie in bed, she with the sheets wrapped tightly over her tits, him with them around his waist. Any movement out of he bed; the sheets stay prudishly in the same spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Riddle101 wrote: »
    A lot of things in the Michael Collins movie were a lie. For instance Eamon Broy, the informant inside G Division who passed files onto Collins, was found, tortured and killed in the movie. In real life, he died in 1972, and went on to become Commisioner of the Gardaí after the War of Independence.

Whatever, comeback to me when you can sort out the mess of Cork accents in the Wind that Shakes the barley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Forgot these: Forensics are going through a crime scene millimetre by millimetre in their overalls. Our hero shows up and finds a sawn off shotgun or some other such large, obvious piece of evidence that 10 people before him oversaw.

"Get me all the info you have on him, bank account, girlfriends, car reg, favourite muffin etc etc"...........and within 5 secs its up on the big screen a la Bourne Identity last night (still an excellent action film though)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I hate when someone's driving and they are constantly turning the wheel back and forth on a straight road. The car would be swerving everywhere. It drives me crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Down shifting in a drag race to speed up your car. Does hollywood not understand how a manual transmission works?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

An undercover cop has to tell the truth if somebody asks him if he's a cop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

In chick flicks women always fall for the ''nice Ordinary'' guy at the end of the movie

15 car pile ups when one car skids

Hand guns with unlimited amout of bullet chambers

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

"I don't even know who you are anymore"

You've suddenly forgotten the identity of the person you've known for decades ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Joe prim wrote: »
    Beautiful women don't go with er..."average-looking guys", eh? What about Gerard Kean and the gorgeous Lisa Murphy, so there?

I would say GK is about hitting par there:

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/article30962842.ece/BINARY/Murphy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

That guns that are already loaded and cocked need cocking again before shooting anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

secman wrote: »
    At the end of Braveheart where it states that Scotland won their freedom....... couldn't even win a referendum. ....

Just Braveheart the entire movie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

my3cents wrote: »
    That guns that are already loaded and cocked need cocking again before shooting anyone.

No one has a stoppage when firing (aside from running out of ammo)

Advertisement