Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feng Sway.

Options
  • 06-03-2015 5:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody subscribe to this form of insanity or are there benefits real or unintentional.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

kneemos wrote: »
    Anybody subscribe to this form of insanity or are there benefits real or unintentional.
    I love all forms of insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Turning my couch upside down and standing on my head while answering the backwards door makes me calm. And you've spelt Feng sway wrong but i'll let the grammar nazis in for that.

I do think the environment and aesthetics influence us all though.

I do think the environment and aesthetics influence us all though.

So my living in a smoke filled black room might explain my irrational hatred of people ? You may have something there.

So my living in a smoke filled black room might explain my irrational hatred of people ? You may have something there.
    Oh dear ..you wanna borrow my incense of pachouli?

• Advertisement

Cool, I'll bring the XL Rizlas. We'll also need popcorn and pizza. Some rice for the feng sweng theme too.

It's Feng SHUI to be sure though. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's Feng SHUI to be sure though. :-)

Might be in your house.We like the sway.

Is it Chinese or Japanese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

kneemos wrote: »
    Is it Chinese or Japanese?

Chinese. Japanese. Dirty Knees! Look at these?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Why not just choose to believe it and thereby make it real?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Penn & Teller did a great episode of Bullsht on this. They got three practitioners into a house one after the other and each one of them rearranged the furniture differently. The lads didn't even reset after each visit so the FS people were coming in and saying how bad the energy flow was, not knowing that another FS guy had put the furniture like that not an hour earlier.

Why not just choose to believe it and thereby make it real?

Ahh so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

It's just insanity with a label. Give any ridiculous belief system a name and people will assume authenticity and subscribe to it. It's usually, of course, the feeble minded and ignorant who subscribe the fastest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

A bank manager once told me that he based his decision on granting someone a loan, on the state of their garden and surrounds of their house.

He would drive by their house at the weekend without letting them know, and have a quick look at the property.. his logic was tidy house = tidy mind = tidy business.

If it was a shambles, he would turn down the loan application.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

if they want energy to flow freely in their home they should invest in good quality electrical wiring

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A bank manager once told me that he based his decision on granting someone a loan, on the state of their garden and surrounds of their house.

He would drive by their house at the weekend without letting them know, and have a quick look at the property.. his logic was tidy house = tidy mind = tidy business.

If it was a shambles, he would turn down the loan application.

Good story but Feng Shui is something completely different.

He should be looking for beds in the bathroom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

murpho999 wrote: »
    Good story but Feng Shui is something completely different.

He should be looking for beds in the bathroom!

yes, Feng Shui de-clutters the mind.. thats what I was trying to say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

While I don't believe in feng shui, I do believe that taking some time to consider the layout and aesthetics of your home can have positive implications for your quality of life.

I moved our table closer to a full floor window in the apartment. I now have breakfast overlooking the city. It's a beautiful sight and it motivates me before I even leave for work.

I refuse to allow a television in the bedroom. The bedroom should be a place of calm and tranquillity and having unneeded light pollution isn't good for getting to sleep, or for the quality of sleep once you do nod off. I purchased a light that simulates the rising of the sun and can now wake feeling refreshed and invigorated after 5 hours sleep. It's not the only contributory factor - diet, exercise and meditation practice also contribute to this.

I'm also a believer in decluttering. Not minimalism, but clean lines, space and order are good for the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,114 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Of I course I practice Feng Sway.

IN between feng drunk but standing and feng falling over.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

While I don't believe in feng shui, I do believe that taking some time to consider the layout and aesthetics of your home can have positive implications for your quality of life.

I moved our table closer to a full floor window in the apartment. I now have breakfast overlooking the city. It's a beautiful sight and it motivates me before I even leave for work.

I refuse to allow a television in the bedroom. The bedroom should be a place of calm and tranquillity and having unneeded light pollution isn't good for getting to sleep, or for the quality of sleep once you do nod off. I purchased a light that simulates the rising of the sun and can now wake feeling refreshed and invigorated after 5 hours sleep. It's not the only contributory factor - diet, exercise and meditation practice also contribute to this.

I'm also a believer in decluttering. Not minimalism, but clean lines, space and order are good for the mind.

Why don't just switch the TV off before going to sleep, (including at the plug, no standby mode) and then your light pollution is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I moved my table to the wall because it was easier to sweep up the rabbit's poo.

Very zen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why don't just switch the TV off before going to sleep, (including at the plug, no standby mode) and then your light pollution is sorted.

I don't think watching television immediately before bed is good for the quality of your sleep. Good quality sleep is extremely important for overall mental and physical health.

Television should be watched in a room outside the bedroom. Reading a book and/or listening to some gentle music are far better ways of preparing the mind and body for high-quality restorative sleep. You'll feel the benefits within days. The same goes for laptop/tablet/smartphone usage. Avoiding using them in the hour before sleep really helps.

My two cents.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yonks ago I got a feng shui booklet thing free with a glossy magazine. While pre-drinking in the house, flatmates and I decided to feng shui the place for a laugh. I dont remember much of the 'rules' but you were supposed to put something red in your 'love' corner of your bedroom so us single ones did that, and in one of the girls rooms the bin was in her money corner. According to feng shui this meant she was throwing her money away.

Went out a few hours after this and 3 of us who'd been chronically single, all pulled. The one with the bin in her money corner found a decent amount of cash on the way home - I think it was about £70 at the time, which was huge when you are on a crap wage. It was a bit of a laugh and very coincidental. But I'm not very woo anyway.

I remember you are supposed to keep the loo lid down, and if you have a fish tank and one of them dies, it's supposedly absorbed bad luck intended for the owner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

I pratice feng sway in the bathroom, i sit but mainly due to having my manhood hanging very far forward in an elephant's trunk kind of arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

This is common sense, no mystical energy involved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Its nice with black bean sauce I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

expensive tidying up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Big believer in Fhung Shui

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Feng Shui me hole. Your surroundings do have an effect on your mood though, but that's obvious.

Advertisement