Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs England, Sunday 1st March 3pm; RTE/BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Would you agree that it's been the defence that's gotten us where we are?

How many times has Murray kicked the ball away - it's awful stuff to watch when it happens.

I would agree, how does that take away from the spectacle?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Good first half but still very worried. Not making the very most out of good attacking ball. England are too good to not raise their level a bit higher and we're down SOB now. Need to score early in the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Would you agree that it's been the defence that's gotten us where we are?

How many times has Murray kicked the ball away - it's awful stuff to watch when it happens.

Murray is doing brilliantly, his kicking is a potent offensive weapon, you should realize that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Hate this fcuking attitude. A man can support his country in a sport he likes. He can criticise the style if he likes.

Not being able to appreciate that you have to play the game you are in and not one in your head is an awful attitude imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

ThisRegard wrote: »
    There's criticism, and then there's just nonsense.

Listen to the experts on TV.

O Shea - It's a matter of who wins the kicking game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Not an exciting style of rugby, but its an exciting game and fantastic contest. A 6 point lead after that half of rugby isn't a great return, but we've been in control of the game nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How good is the Irish scrum though? Making it look easy

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭UnitedWeStand

Hate this fcuking attitude. A man can support his country in a sport he likes. He can criticise the style if he likes.

Keep it to yourself. Don't bring down the mood of the thread and enjoyment if the game for others. Nothing worse than loving a game and coming on to discuss it l, just to see someone moaning about how rubbish they thought the game was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Belated well-wishes for this game to all the fans on this forum, including English Lurker - we all want Ireland to win, but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we genuinely appreciate EL's contribution.

My thoughts at the interval
    • Best test match I've seen in ages, an absolute game of chess, and completely absorbing
    • I couldn't believe how poorly England started. Even the most casual of fans knew Ireland would give the ball air, but England was almost diabolical under the high ball in the first 10 minutes.
    • Ireland should be proud of their halves pairing, Murray just controls the tempo of the Irish game so well, and Sexton's defence in particular has been class...
    • ...as has Robbie Henshaw's defence. Again.
    • And look, a hint of attacking midfield thread from Henshaw & Payne. Nice!
    • This game might come down to the top 2 inches, can easily see one error or brain explosion being very costly
    • I don't think this lead is enough. Ireland need to score first after the break. Ideally a try. But man, Ireland look so well-coached. So well.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I would agree, how does that take away from the spectacle?

Because attacking play is nicer to watch than defensive play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Best stepping up a gear to cover SOBs intensity.

A lot more drama to come. C'mon the boys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

England

Which shows the importance of kicking like we are doing

No one saying anything bad about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    How good is the Irish scrum though? Making it look easy

McGrath isn't the finished article but he's turning into a serious international

Keep it to yourself. Don't bring down the mood of the thread and enjoyment if the game for others. Nothing worse than loving a game and coming on to discuss it l, just to see someone moaning about how rubbish they thought the game was.

That would be called a circklejerk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Warren Gatland
    I really hate that bloody Guinness ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭A-Train

Clive Woodward on bbc just said sexton was just shading the 10 battle??? Wtf???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm amazed at how people aren't entertained from a garryowen, people say its boring but my bum cheeks are very sore from squeezing every time Murray kicks the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You mean the man who just said, and showed the clips of, how potent a weapon the kicks have been and how much territory and penalties gained from them?

Barring the up and under near the end of course, you don't need an expert to point that out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

A-Train wrote: »
    Clive Woodward on bbc just said sexton was just shading the 10 battle??? Wtf???

There's a battle?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Warren Gatland

And ?

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You mean the man who just said, and showed the clips of, how potent a weapon the kicks have been and how much territory and penalties gained from them?

Seemingly you think effective and nice to watch are the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

This is a proper test match. Really enjoying it. A ding dong battle. Both teams punching well but ireland are boxing smarter.

I am quite impressed with Murray, sexton and henshaw - Robbie MoTM so far. Looks injured tho Payne needs to straighten and give a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Seemingly you think effective and nice to watch are the same thing.

You want pretty rugby? That's your main concern?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

England
    The impact Henshaw has is amazing, coming off as a bit of an enforcer himself

.ak wrote: »
    This is a proper test match. Really enjoying it. A ding dong battle. Both teams punching well but ireland are boxing smarter.

I am quite impressed with Murray, sexton and henshaw - Robbie MoTM so far. Looks injured tho Payne needs to straighten and give a pass.

Would say Jonny. Made some great tackles for turnovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Worried about the ref...Jordi was over that ball for an age before he gave the penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Well done rob

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Good man kearney.

Poor kicking from us so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Cmon
    Well done goode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ah that was criminal

Advertisement