Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent kebab in Dundalk?

Options
  • 31-01-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Badly hungover but in the mood for a dirty kebab!Weres the best place in town? I know theres a place across from the Home Bakery and another one in River Lane,which is the best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Ive heard Lazeez do a good kebab and they deliver if you are not feeling well ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Cheers,maybe next time. Went for Zam Zams,large doner,absolutely stuffed after it! Chips werent nice though kebab was delish!

Much prefer Zam Zam to Lazeez myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

Lazeez do the best kebab by a mile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What is in a kebab? Never had one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Tonys without a doubt

Not since california burrito I think. Its a pity. Think theres a market for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Not since california burrito I think. Its a pity. Think theres a market for it

Do you? Obviously the CB guys thought so too, but given that they lasted about 2 wet weekends, I'd say they were pretty comprehensively proven wrong!

There's a burrito joint here in Ennis (where I live now). I've been in a couple of times, but I've never seen anyone else in it, even when passing. Similarly, every time I went into CB, I was the only customer there. We Irish just simply aren't into burritos.

Not sure you need a whole place dedicated to burritos but it could be part of a menu and if you dont think Irish like Burritos go to Boojum any day of the week. Queues going out the door

As for Kebabs, the OP put me in the mood so I got a couple in Lazeez last night and they were pretty damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I think Lazeez is absolute dogshít. Best kebab I've had around here is the Indian place out on Main St. in Blackrock. Zam Zams is decent too.

• Advertisement

The kebab in Blackrock is phenomenal. Ill give you that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Best place for a Kebab in town is the Indian takeaway in Yorke Street.

Sultan Kebab? Is that not Moroccan?

Thats next on my hitlist. Honestly the things I do for science.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I'll have to take a spin out to the Rock tonight I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Sultan Kebab? Is that not Moroccan?

Thats next on my hitlist. Honestly the things I do for science.:D

'Tis.My mistake.

Not one mention for Abra yet,probably a good thing too because it's really dire imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

Zam Zam could do with a good clean,place looks filthy. I got a pretty good burrito in the Foodhouse on clanbrassil st,been a while since i've been in it so dont know if they still do them,but good and spicy and very tasty.
    I'd love a kebab now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Never had a zam zams. Must check it out on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Agreed completely about Zam Zam's. It seems to have a good word of mouth name in this thread but I've never gone near it as it looks like a complete ****hole.

Zam zams does huge kebabs, but I agree it could do with a bit of a clean up. Passed that Sultan kebab place earlier today, might try it next time I get the kebab urge! What's the general opinion on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

@peewee_44.

My missus is from Dundalk, we don't live there but visit regularly but I must say Tony's kebabs are are pure skutter...
    Everything else in Tony's is spot on tho.

Where is this zam zam gaff ?

Signed,

kebab expert from the southwest !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    @peewee_44.

My missus is from Dundalk, we don't live there but visit regularly but I must say Tony's kebabs are are pure skutter...
    Everything else in Tony's is spot on tho.

Where is this zam zam gaff ?

Signed,

kebab expert from the southwest !

ZamZams is opposite the Centuary Bar oor just down from St Patricks on the same side as you head to the bypass / Quays direction.

cargo wrote: »
    ZamZams is opposite the Centuary Bar oor just down from St Patricks on the same side as you head to the bypass / Quays direction.
    No,thats the Kebab and Indian Curry Joint now(dunno what their kebabs are like).
    Zam Zams moved to River Lane,which is the wee one way street beside Ridleys& Mizzoni's off Park Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

toby2111 wrote: »
    No,thats the Kebab and Indian Curry Joint now(dunno what their kebabs are like).
    Zam Zams moved to River Lane,which is the wee one way street beside Ridleys& Mizzoni's off Park Street.

Yeah that is the one. It used to be a dry cleaners before Zam Zam. tbh, you would walk right past it and think the place was closed down it looks that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

sounds class !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

toby2111 wrote: »

Sorry my bad.. Been a while since i was in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

So completely missing that Zam Zams was no longer opposite the Home Bakery and despite the fact that the sign outside didn't say Zam Zams in utter desperation of complete hunger, I ventured in on Friday evening. I assume they'd just burnt a lot of bread because the place was caked in smoke and reeked of it.

Very strange experience. Placed my order, grand. Was stared at the whole way through. Two people shuttled away into the kitchen and eventually come back with my change.

About 15 minutes later, my Doner Kebab lands out in a bag and off I go.

It was about the lenght of my arm and about the same weight too.

For all I knew I was eating greyhound but good god it was nicest kebab that I've ever had.

And it was huge. I don't ever leave food on my plate but had to call it quits half way through. If Zam Zams can top that then I am becoming morbidly obese for the rest of my lfie and living off Doner Kebabs.

Good to know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

After reading that Mugs I think that's tea sorted this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Meant to come back and say I got a mixed kebab, it was really nice but there was no way I was finishing it in one sitting, you'll not go hungry!

• Advertisement

Where was that? Should we do a poll? :D

Advertisement