Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suddenly Madame Glamour Perfume (Lidl's Chanel Dupe)

Options
  • 03-02-2015 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

It's back for valentine's day ;-)

I have heard it been raved about by so many people including on here before. I had never bought a bottle before today but I must say it's lovely. My other half thought I was crazy claiming a Lidl perfume was a dupe of Chanel but he loved it when he smelled it on me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dizzy23

have seen this advertised is it that good? how much was it again

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

dizzy23 wrote: »
    have seen this advertised is it that good? how much was it again

It's only €3.50, so you can't go wrong really.

Link to Irish Examiner article with more info, a lot of people in a blind test preferred it to chanel, so it can't just be me that likes it :-)

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/suddenly-lidls-perfume-is-conquering-chanel-chic-219006.html

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

its lovely. and realy lasts (smell wise) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Eau de lidl.

Found the sillage of the gents stuff rather poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Lidl own-brand Chanel No. 5.

A bargain? Certainly. A good valentines present? Not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Looks like an excellent bargain. They won't be in stock for long!

Is this in Lidl stores now? Or will it be next week before its in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Eau de lidl.

Found the sillage of the gents stuff rather poor.

The men's X-bolt is as good as Hugo Boss, nearly the same fragrance at a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Looks like an excellent bargain. They won't be in stock for long!

Is this in Lidl stores now? Or will it be next week before its in?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Its listed on the website as being in since the 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

It's on sale all year round in my local Lidl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I really like the Suddenly Diamonds and Madame Glamour but not so much the Suddenly Woman I, very cheap smell IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Some bargains in Debenhams for fragrances at the moment if someone needs anything more serious than Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭bren2001

Nothing says "I love you" more than €3.50 perfume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

If you google "top 5 smell alike perfumes" you will get the moneysavingexpert independent review which mentions the lidl perfumes and others

If you google "top 5 smell alike perfumes" you will get the moneysavingexpert independent review which mentions the lidl perfumes and others,

suddenly madame glamour beat coco mademoiselle
    suddenly woman beat chanel no 5

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Oscar_Drai

corsav6 wrote: »
    The men's X-bolt is as good as Hugo Boss, nearly the same fragrance at a fraction of the price.

Is that available at any Lidl shop in Dublin at the moment?

Thanks,
    OD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Picked up the suddenly madame glamour today in Lidl Celbridge for the OH, she's mid 30's and thought it was more suitable for an older lady so be warned :)

livEwirE wrote: »
    Picked up the suddenly madame glamour today in Lidl Celbridge for the OH, she's mid 30's and thought it was more suitable for an older lady so be warned :)

It's not a great choice of gift for the same reason any budget brand is not. Gifts need to be what the recipient might not buy for themself - a bit of a luxury, showing you splashed the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

My missus is more of the opinion that if it's cheap it must be bad. I bought some, got her to close her eyes and smell it. She liked it.
    Told her it was from Lidl. Now she hates it. I think it's genetic.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

bren2001 wrote: »
    Nothing says "I love you" more than €3.50 perfume.

:D At least you'll have a good few quid left for fancy night away then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this but I find the x bolt to be quite feminine smelling. Very floral and sweet or something. It almost smells as if it's mixed wth a female fragrance. Anyone else notice that? I quite like it but then I don't have a particularly refined sense of taste or smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Nothing says I love you more than a 3.50 bottle of Lidl perfume...

Agree with that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

I know keira knightly is promoting mademoiselle which this one is the "dupe" for but I do think this is an older lady scent. Even the iconic chanel no.5 fragrance to me smells of pensioner

My mother bought this at the last round of hype (courtesy of daily mail) and neither of us were impressed but she passed it to my aunt who has worn chanel mademoiselle and she liked it and has bought it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

Ungrateful women or what! I would love a couple of bottles of this from a Man for Valentines!! It's not about splashing the cash it's about showing you care and spending time!
    Our Presents mean nothing compared to our Presence

pinksoir wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this but I find the x bolt to be quite feminine smelling. Very floral and sweet or something. It almost smells as if it's mixed wth a female fragrance. Anyone else notice that? I quite like it but then I don't have a particularly refined sense of taste or smell.

Where did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

bearclaire wrote: »
    Ungrateful women or what! I would love a couple of bottles of this from a Man for Valentines!! It's not about splashing the cash it's about showing you care and spending time!
    Our Presents mean nothing compared to our Presence

Agreed! What is with this nothing says 'I love you' like a €3.50 bottle of perfume bullshít!

We're a young family with a child, no chance will there be money to waste on commercial day like Valentine's day.

My oh is a chef so we never celebrate Valentine's day because his busy feeding couples in a 5 star hotel.

We must be doomed! He mustn't love me, no expense present and no celebration of the day. :eek: (Lets completely ignore the fact he supports me and our daughter, because €80 bottle of perfume is the only true testament of love)

I really feel for men sometimes. Some really do try their hardest and it's still never enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Suddenly Diamonds is a very good copy of Boss Orange.
    I wear Boss Orange a lot and I bought a bottle of the Lidl version for 'everyday' wear. No difference except the fragrance of the Lidl one doesnt last as long, I need to top up during the day, but for €3.50 I can top up as much as I like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Oscar_Drai wrote: »
    Where did you buy it?

In Lidl.

pinksoir wrote: »
    In Lidl.

I know you bought it in Lidl! You can only get it in Lidl :P I meant what Lidl?

Thanks anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Xcellor

PLL wrote: »

Agreed! What is with this nothing says 'I love you' like a €3.50 bottle of perfume bullshít!

We're a young family with a child, no chance will there be money to waste on commercial day like Valentine's day.

My oh is a chef so we never celebrate Valentine's day because his busy feeding couples in a 5 star hotel.

We must be doomed! He mustn't love me, no expense present and no celebration of the day.
    :eek: (Lets completely ignore the fact he supports me and our daughter, because €80 bottle of perfume is the only true testament of love)

I really feel for men sometimes. Some really do try their hardest and it's still never enough.

Fair comment. I married the wrong woman and subsequently dated the wrong women too.

I've not had much luck finding a woman that is happy with a 3.50 euro valentines gift.

Advertisement