Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New 151 cars seen today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Saw a 151-C silver facelift focus, looked well and a 151-T astra sport hatch in grey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Augeo wrote: »
    Drug dealer or pr1ck?

Good old Irish begrudgery alive and well I see :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I like the KE on car reg's. Think it looks well.

Completely OT, but don't like RN or T.

DL looks well too, shame about the stereotype they get.

What on earth do you find aesthetically pleasing about two letters? :confused:

Weird.

Saw a 151 MH 86 Nissan Juke driven by an elderly lady on the M50 and then saw another Juke 151 MH 87 with an elderly gentleman behind the wheel further up the M50!

Coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Saw my first on the road today - a 151D3xx BMW 520 GT in white.

Even as a BMW owner I can't understand how they sell any, awful looking yoke IMO

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

ION08 wrote:
    What on earth do you find aesthetically pleasing about two letters? Weird.

Hold up, I'm not getting a hard on over two letters, I said I prefer the look of certain regs over others. It's a big plate on the front and rear of a vehicle which stands out, some numbers look well on the plate, others not so much. Same goes with the Dub reg's when they used to be on 120000's, the plate looked too cluttered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

151-LH Ford Transit. Exciting times indeed.

Hold up, I'm not getting a hard on over two letters, I said I prefer the look of certain regs over others. It's a big plate on the front and rear of a vehicle which stands out, some numbers look well on the plate, others not so much. Same goes with the Dub reg's when they used to be on 120000's, the plate looked too cluttered

I understand that plates don't look good when they're too cluttered or that you might have a preference for a home county or one that isn't associated with bad roads and boy racers but I'm not understanding how 'KE' or 'DL' look well and 'RN' doesn't "look well"??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

White 151 Discovery passing through Camolin then a 151 Golf almost getting smashed as a jeep pulling a trailer pulled out in front of it at the roundabout @ Scarawalsh outside Enniscorthy.

ION08 wrote:
    I understand that plates don't look good when they're too cluttered or that you might have a preference for a home county or one that isn't associated with bad roads and boy racers but I'm not understanding how 'KE' or 'DL' look well and 'RN' doesn't "look well"??

Are you from Roscommon? :P

It's to do with the combination of letters. Just think the R and the N don't look well. Nevermind me and my pedantic ramblings.

• Advertisement

Are you from Roscommon? :P

It's to do with the combination of letters. Just think the R and the N don't look well. Nevermind me and my pedantic ramblings.

No not from Roscommon, I only like "D" on my plates :p :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Silver 151 Dacia Duster today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Some people have too much money. (in reference to the OP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

ION08 wrote: »

I'm the same with KE and DL, think they look well on a number plate. I think it's the open space between the E or the L and the following digit make it easier on the eye as opposed to an N or a W or the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Got chauffeured into town in a 151 today. Pity it looked like this :D:D

G9D2MzQl.jpg

Was about to attack you saying it was a 12 reg, but then I realised you were being a smart arse :P

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

C is the only letter that looks well on a number plate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's all about LM lads. I can spot an LM plate from miles away in Dublin, not too many of us Leitrimers around.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Saw a 151 D Toyota Corolla in red.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ION08 wrote: »

I'd agree with him... different plates just look better on cars

D top of the pile, especially on anything "premium" or upper end. Could probably live with CN as well

MH, DL, C, KE .. no chance.

I'd give real money if I could re-reg my current car .. 18 months on and it still bugs me! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

151 new model Focus. Not sure of the new front grille.....

It's all about LM lads. I can spot an LM plate from miles away in Dublin, not too many of us Leitrimers around.

Oh lord that has to be the worst :P Work colleague has an 09 white audi a3 and the LM plate looks all wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

and all nice cars too 151 L M3 and 151 L M5

RedorDead wrote: »
    Good old Irish begrudgery alive and well I see :rolleyes:

Not at all, that was referring to a recent post when someone claimed Range Rovers are driven by pr1cks or drug dealers, I personally think they are fantastic car but got accused of picking a fight when I called the chap up on it :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93518850&postcount=5155

On review it seems he was referring to up to 2012 models

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'd agree with him... different plates just look better on cars

D top of the pile, especially on anything "premium" or upper end. Could probably live with CN as well

MH, DL, C, KE .. no chance.

I'd give real money if I could re-reg my current car .. 18 months on and it still bugs me! :P

have to say i think MH really suits my car, i think the plate sits great on it.

i agree with the thread to this point though, RN, KE, LH etc. all kind of don't sit well on a lot of cars. i think it's all to do with the format and balance of the overall number/ letter combo.

like 132-RN-2675 looks an awful lot better than say 91-RN-7710, that sounds weird, but yeah. the first format is a lot more balanced on the eye.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

MH, DL, C, KE .. no chance. ..........

CN? You must be from Cavan presumably?
    If so you can surely appreciate how people from every other county don't mind having their respective county on their reg plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not all of us who drive LM plates are from Leitrim thankfully.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

If so you can surely appreciate how people from every other county don't mind having their respective county on their reg plate.

Betya that Merc in the op doesn't reside in Dublin, but it has a D reg!

Nope, from Dublin myself.. but I did live in Cavan for a while and I thought the reg plates just "looked" alright as an alternative to my preferred D

• Advertisement

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Betya that Merc in the op doesn't reside in Dublin, but it has a D reg!

That's because - like it or not - a D "suits" a premium car better than any other reg.. hence also why some people will pay a bit more for one with it. Stuff like "better roads", "not rallied around backroads" etc is just the justification. :)

Advertisement