Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

awec wrote: »
    How many years have you been with your significant other Zzippy?

Too many, shhh!

5 < x < 10

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Podge_irl wrote: »
    You get delayed coming into Geneva!??

I work very near the airport and go to the BK beside the Starbucks there a frankly ludicrous amount. If I hadn't returned to the Irish wonderland we could have had a pint!

The LHC, as a science experiment, is closed for a year but obviously the visitor centre is closed for the festive season only. It's exactly 3.5km from my office so its good for a lunch run.

Were they not spinning it back up in the last couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Zzippy wrote: »
    Cheers. If only it was that simple. Modern marriage = split the jobs equally apparently... :(

I got married last year and I can safely say this is not true. You're doing it wrong! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Too many, shhh!

5 < x < 10

Best of luck to both of you. I wonder what my other half would think if I wanted to have a big rugby themed wedding, small figurines of the Bull lifting POC in the lineout proudly atop the cake... sounds mighty actually. :pac:

molloyjh wrote: »
    I got married last year and I can safely say this is not true. You're doing it wrong! :pac:

Well if I didn't do certain things, like book the band, DJ, choose the wine, we'd have a wedding where she turned up in a lovely dress, and we'd be drinking the house wine plonk and listening to a dodgy band... When it comes to planning a party I don't mind getting involved! ;)

Edit: Crap, she's also on boards, hope she doesn't read this!

• Advertisement

Well if I didn't do certain things, like book the band, DJ, choose the wine, we'd have a wedding where she turned up in a lovely dress, and we'd be drinking the house wine plonk and listening to a dodgy band... When it comes to planning a party I don't mind getting involved! ;)

Edit: Crap, she's also on boards, hope she doesn't read this!

Ah yeah I sorted the band and made sure to get involved in picking the wine, because it meant a few free glasses. That aside it was all her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So I'm thinking of applying for a job with a big French company with over 2000 employees. I click on the careers section and it takes me to a link on silkroad.com

Really curious now..

So I'm thinking of applying for a job with a big French company with over 2000 employees. I click on the careers section and it takes me to a link on silkroad.com

Really curious now..

Take your career to a new high?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

So, does Ben Kay have any Irish blood?

Because there's no way I'm believing that's the first time he's picked up a hurley, that's some very nice technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Looks like he's swinging a golf club a bit, to be honest. I would say he's a handy golfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Buer wrote: »
    Looks like he's swinging a golf club a bit, to be honest. I would say he's a handy golfer.

Yeah his hands are the wrong way round for hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I know a good few golfers who have tried hurling and do hold it a bit awkwardly... I've never seen any of them make a connection like that, and hit it with that kind of accuracy on their first attempt (or even their first 20 attempts).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That was his second go and the first went flying off to the right into the crowd. He hit that one with alot of power too

Before I get too drunk on red wine and Prosecco, happy New Year to all the rugby posters. Hopefully this time we'll be looking back at a famous RWC victory :)

Happy New Year all. Let's hope we have more of the same from Ireland and a whole lot more from the provinces.

MerryNewYearBig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

57640953.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

333307.jpg

.ak wrote: »
    333307.jpg

G'Way out of that you grumpy oul git!! I plan to be unconscious on the sofa by half ten!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Happy New Year my fellow liginds!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Gone midnight here. Happy new year lads. Here's hoping for a World Cup for 2015. Believe in joe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Munster for the European cup!.......yes...I'm pissed, feck off and let me be with my dreams tonight
    Happy new year lads

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

RTE must have an intern in charge of the sound tonight. All over the place.

Happy new year lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Headin to Anfield tomorrow with Durka Jr.

Should be a bitta craic.

Hopefully Leicester won't get in the way too much.

Words I never thought I'd write on the rugby forum...

Changed over from that depressing sh!te on RTE to BBC and Queen are playing. Far better.

I want to break free... from RTE.

awec wrote: »
    Changed over from that depressing sh!te on RTE to BBC and Queen are playing. Far better.

I want to break free... from RTE.

Jools on bbc2 is where it's at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

mfceiling wrote: »
    Especially with Jo Brand in attendance!!! Some of her quotes/jokes there were fantastic and the music isn't that bad either!!!
    New Years is worst night of the year to be out.....

mfceiling wrote: »

Nothing beats Queen IMO. We were meant to be out at a friends house but ended up staying in.

If I knew Queen were playing on TV I'd have told her weeks ago that we were staying in to watch.

Adam Lambert is actually a half decent replacement for Freddie. He has a lot of the flamboyant qualities.

Joss Stones voice is class IMO. Serious Motown. Ed Sheerans version of Master Blaster was top notch too. And weirdly Ellie Goulding does a mean Michael Jackson. A few duds in there but overall its pretty good.

Best Eye of the Tiger ever!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,394 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Joss is lookin HOT!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement