Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 250

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Seb79

Sorry, cannot edit my previous post for some reasons. Just noticed that there is a patch version for 150 and 250, you can forget that question then.

Will this new patch version sort out the satelite connection issue? I don't really want to do this new upgrade and break something else....

Many thanks,

Seb.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Seb79 wrote: »
    Sorry, cannot edit my previous post for some reasons. Just noticed that there is a patch version for 150 and 250, you can forget that question then.

Will this new patch version sort out the satelite connection issue? I don't really want to do this new upgrade and break something else....

Many thanks,

Seb.

the patched software adds a further networking options on the box

in settings check your tuner power etc is on

it shouldnt effect it but some times a reset and new load of firmware can help

Ok thank you. I'll instal this and see how it goes. Will post the resutls here in case someone else has same issue.

With regards to settings it all looked good when I checked, I'll give it a further look this evening or tomorrow. Have to get Cbeebies back as someone is getting really impatient....

Thanks again,

Seb.

if its your dish thats moved that may be an issue , have u and signal at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Hi,

I am little confused. I instaled the New Firmware 1.26b9 and since I did that I cannot get a connection from Satelite. This is not coming from my connection as it works on a normal sky box.

Is this the reason there is now a patch firmware update? Also, when I click on the patch link one above there are 2 links, 1 is 5.98 mb and the other obne 5.99 mb, which one should I take?

Many thanks,

Seb.

Check to see that you have the heart symbol beside the correct satellite and scan again.

• Advertisement

Thanks to both replies.

Nowso: I have tried to plug the same connection onto an old Sky Box that I have and I can get all English channels there so it is not coming from the dish. I could of course use that old sky box but this means no recordings, and I am very limited in space, cannot really have 2 boxes.

Avns1s: I cannot even scan the Satelite. When I go to Menu (House) on the remote, and then on the page where we can do Automatic Scans. I can do the scan for Terrestrial (Aerial in attic) but the scan for Satelite is in grey, I cannot click on it (a bit like when you have no hard drive connected on the box, you cannot access the timer settings etc..). Hope you see what I'm saying.

Many thanks,

Seb.

Thanks to both replies.

Nowso: I have tried to plug the same connection onto an old Sky Box that I have and I can get all English channels there so it is not coming from the dish. I could of course use that old sky box but this means no recordings, and I am very limited in space, cannot really have 2 boxes.

Avns1s: I cannot even scan the Satelite. When I go to Menu (House) on the remote, and then on the page where we can do Automatic Scans. I can do the scan for Terrestrial (Aerial in attic) but the scan for Satelite is in grey, I cannot click on it (a bit like when you have no hard drive connected on the box, you cannot access the timer settings etc..). Hope you see what I'm saying.

Many thanks,

Seb.

I'm not near a box at the minute but somewhere on that page you are referring to, is there an option for to select the satellite? If you have so satellite selected, I would imagine that it's likely that the option to scan would be greyed out.

From memory, if you got to the "Installation" menu, and go to "Satellite list" you should be able to put a heart beside the relevant satellite - I find Eurobird works best for sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

I dont know why they have to update the software so often.Its like there is someone working at the factory who has nothing better to do than write new software! Then when they do everyone seems to feel like they have to upgrade. You dont! If the box is working ok you can leave it alone. Especially as its so much hassle with having to do a new channel list.I am not going to bother upgrading anymore

latest sotware has a better picture quality imo

yes id go in to select satellite and have your selection heart thing across from astra 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Because some of the links from the web based apps are hard coded . There are also one or two minor bugs. Like you say there's no need to upgrade unless there a particular issue.

king2 wrote: »
    I dont know why they have to update the software so often.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

And I suppose people just like playing with it!

Avns1s wrote: »
    I'm not near a box at the minute but somewhere on that page you are referring to, is there an option for to select the satellite? If you have so satellite selected, I would imagine that it's likely that the option to scan would be greyed out.

From memory, if you got to the "Installation" menu, and go to "Satellite list" you should be able to put a heart beside the relevant satellite - I find Eurobird works best for sky!

Haaa ok, I see what you are saying, this is the heart that Avns1s mentioned earlier. Sounds good * on paper * I'll try tonight and will let you know but I have a good feeling about this :)

Thanks,

Seb.

Nowso wrote: »
    latest sotware has a better picture quality imo

yes id go in to select satellite and have your selection heart thing across from astra 2

I have found in the past that doing a blind scan of Astra 2 omits some channels for some reason. Scanning on Eurobird always seems to pick them all up. Weird I know but that's the way it is.

I have found in the past that doing a blind scan of Astra 2 omits some channels for some reason. Scanning on Eurobird always seems to pick them all up. Weird I know but that's the way it is.

i was wondering why the channel list was on eurobird

i uploaded it on the new software by mistake but it worked fine

i was wondering why the channel list was on eurobird

i uploaded it on the new software by mistake but it worked fine

Hah, I never thought of that, but now you know!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

I have an ariva 250 here that was installed (by me) about a year ago, only ever used for free to air channels and on original firmware that came with box, I now want to experiment with the patched fw so can anyone give me the procedure for updating it to the latest patched version, ie do i need to install latest factory fw first etc so i dont get A5H on the display? i'm hung over today so could really really do without having to reflash using null modem cable etc..
    many thanks

installation same as ordinary software . same crashing problems can happen

Hi,

Just so you know, I am sorted now. It was as you said because of the heart that wasn't next to the preferred satellites.

I can * enjoy * CBeebies with daughter now :)

Thanks again for your help,

Seb

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

installation same as ordinary software . same crashing problems can happen

OK thnks for reply, might just leave it until after xmas, dont want to brick it and not be able to get a replacement..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Does anyone have this working with the triax tri link?

Bored on Christmas Day and looking at how I am going to ditch sky!

Thanks and happy christmas

• Advertisement

glineli wrote: »
    Does anyone have this working with the triax tri link?

Bored on Christmas Day and looking at how I am going to ditch sky!

Thanks and happy christmas

There's an app for iphone, and I think for android, that allows you to have the remote control on your smartphone IF your box can be connected to your LAN.

There's an app for iphone, and I think for android, that allows you to have the remote control on your smartphone IF your box can be connected to your LAN.

So no problem then to send signal to bedroom like rf2 on sky box?

So no problem then to send signal to bedroom like rf2 on sky box?

Nope, sorry. It wont do that. It will just change channel etc.

You will need the tri link to send the signal over co-ax.

Nope, sorry. It wont do that. It will just change channel etc.

You will need the tri link to send the signal over co-ax.

Thats what I was thinking, just wondering has anyone got this working.

Thanks

Yes all of the ariva range work with tri links

Thats what I was thinking, just wondering has anyone got this working.

Thanks

Tony, is it possible to chain the ariva and a sky box to other rooms to receive both and be able to change them? Currently I have spc4 and 2 sky boxes. I want to swap out my sky sub box for ariva box and still have the ability to change them both.

Thanks

Yes its possible but you would need a tri link as mentioned above.

Tony, is it possible to chain the ariva and a sky box to other rooms to receive both and be able to change them? Currently I have spc4 and 2 sky boxes. I want to swap out my sky sub box for ariva box and still have the ability to change them both.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

hi,

have a ferguson ariva T650i here and we can only get RTE 1 on it.... also have or will have UTV ireland when its up and running on jan 1st...

we have an aerial in the attic.. have twisted and turned it but i dont think its the prob as we have RTE 1 perfect....

can anyone shed some light on it please??

your only getting Mux 2 on your ariel check the channel 4 Mux 1 in your area

http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/coverage-map/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

your only getting Mux 2 on your ariel check the channel 4 Mux 1 in your area

http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/coverage-map/

You mean aerial as ariel is washing powder.

But yes he has an aerial problem. Guess it needs moving to the roof.

Advertisement