Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going bald under 30

Options
  • 26-12-2014 4:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Well, looking for advice, I'm not even 30 hair has been falling out for 7 years, I've reached a point where I'm like "**** it I couldn't be any uglier with no hair..."

My gf says it's fine but to me it it isn't!! It doesn't help that all my friends have more hair than you could shake a stick at!!

So lads and ladies should I just finish what natures started or what?

*it isn't about being attractive in the sense of attracting other women, have a gf as I said, it's more I'd like to be able to walk into a room of people(or any social situation) and not be self conscious about it!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

hurlsey wrote: »
    Well, looking for advice, I'm not even 30 hair has been falling out for 7 years, I've reached a point where I'm like "**** it I couldn't be any uglier with no hair..."

My gf says it's fine but to me it it isn't!! It doesn't help that all my friends have more hair than you could shake a stick at!!

*it isn't about being attractive in the sense of attracting other women, have a gf as I said, it's more I'd like to be able to walk into a room of people(or any social situation) and not be self conscious about it!!

Wouldn't worry about it, no pubes makes your willy look bigger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

it might run in the family

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

2 of my buddies have hit that same point

Under 30...going bald

Have since shaved there heads and regret nothing. In fact they love it...

In fact From out point of view it suits them much better..rather then being 27 with a resceding hairline or thinning hair

braddun wrote: »
    it might run in the family

Thanks for being fcuk all encouragement to the op. You could have at least lied like I did to make him feel better. But no. You replied with six words of bullcråp

Get the clippers out and cut it tight. Bald denial is far uglier than a neat head with a short buzz all round.

Bald can be hot, think Jason Statham and Bruce Willis when he was young. Take the plunge and try pity your hairy friends for all the time they have to spend on it that you don't.

If it's really bugging you though, give Rogaine a go and see if it works for you. You have to use it constantly though, so it's a commitment in time and money on an ongoing basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Thanks for being fcuk all encouragement to the op. You could have at least lied like I did to make him feel better. But no. You replied with six words of bullcråp

Keep your wig on.

Thinly/thinning veiled "Look at me I have a girlfriend..." thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,797 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you have no birth marks or scars on the head consider going bald asa fashion statement. If not you need treatment now to keep what you have. If the rest of your clan are bald go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

If you've "been going bald" for 7 years then it's about time to concede defeat. Or wear a hat for the best part of a year while paying for expensive and painful surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Candie wrote: »
    Bald can be hot, think Jason Statham and Bruce Willis when he was young.

Not to come off like a tosser, but Bruce Willis had hair when he was young.

Now, to come off like a tosser, I have a luscious mane of hair, it makes me look virile and manly, like Weird Al.

OP, are you really looking for a go to cut your hair, or some way to not feel shitty about losing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Not good at all, you'll have to keep it shaved. Hopefully you still have colour in the hair, the big problem for Caucasians is that they tend to lose the tone at a young age, around the 30 mark on average. Blacks and Slopes hold the tone for longer for some reason (sometimes into the late 40s or 50s), the differences between the races I suppose.

Not good at all, you'll have to keep it shaved. Hopefully you still have colour in the hair, the big problem for Caucasians is that they tend to lose the tone at a young age, around the 30 mark on average. Blacks and Slopes hold the tone for longer for some reason (sometimes into the late 40s or 50s), the differences between the races I suppose.

Racism intensifies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Shave your head :)
    It sucks to go bald and there are only a few people that can pull off the balding look. Take Patrick Stewart for the greatest example :p
    But most balding people shave their heads and they all look better. There are plenty of Celebrities out there to sway your choice. Such as Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Steve Austin and so much more. All were going bald on top and realised the shaven look just looked that much better.

Ps,
    all 3 mentioned celebrities went bald under / around 30 too. So my point is that it happens. It sucks. Its just that a razor will become your new best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Racism intensifies

Get on out of that, only a humourless libtard would find the word slope offensive. Look up any Asian community in the US, it's what they call themselves, like nigga, mick or guinea. Terms which once had malicious meanings are now used by the actual people the slurs were directed towards.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Wouldn't worry about it, no pubes makes your willy look bigger
    No need weeny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Are you a Vietnam vet?

---

I love how threads like this usually bring out the "You'll look like Vin Diesel or Jason Statham" comments, when in the real world the person will probably look like Grant Mitchell or a neo-Nazi.

Look, baldness sucks for 90% percent of people, if you are not in the 10%, all you can do is wear a hat, wear a syrup, or cut your head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I started getting folically challenged around the 25 mark. Blade zero all over about once a week. Sorted.

Fcuk it op. You could go down the medication route, cosmetic route or just buy a good quality electric razor. The latter is the cheapest. And da wimmins do love a shaved head :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

KungPao wrote: »
    in the real world the person will probably look like Grant Mitchell or a neo-Nazi.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BaldOfEvil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I started losing the hair around 25, got the clippers and razor out and got rid of it.

I just decided there was no point pretending it wasn't falling out and that a bald look would look better then a ridiculous comb over look.

Its already gone so shave it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I was in the same boat OP, thinning hair from my mid 20s. Shaved the head and have not looked back since. When I was a single I found hte shaved head made it easier with women, I did not have any hangups about going bald.

One Pro-tip for you. Shaving your head for the first time should be done in late spring. When you shave your head for the first time your scalp tends to be a funny blue/grey color and the skin may be sensitive and peel a little.
    So doing it in late spring, apply some moisturizing sun screen and get some sun at it...color will normalise much faster. If you do it in the middle of winter it will stay that grey/blue color for longer and look a bit odd.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Starting losing my hair in my early 20's and was extremely neurotic about it. Spent maybe a year going to every length to hide it and being defensive about it. After a year or two I just sort of accepted it. I'm now a little bit neurotic about looking like I'm hiding the fact that I'm losing my hair so I just leave it alone but keep it trimmed (I look like I have a combover if my hair is longer).

It's just something that happens to some people. My advice is to accept it and then deal with it. You get a treatment, wear a wig, comb it over, ignore it, shave it, whatever. It's completely up to you. I hated hearing people recommend things like this when I started losing my hair but I chilled out about the whole ordeal after a year or so.

For context, I started slowly losing my hair around 22 or so and am now 28. I had been worrying about losing my hair since my mid-teens as I saw most of the men in my family go bald. I've not shaved my head yet as I don't mind how my hair looks at the moment. Going to shave it when the weather gets a bit warmer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Grow a combover, like the generations of proud Irishmen before you.

Chicks love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

If you are able to grow a proper comb over then that is the way to go. Failing that then shave it off.

This is what you should be aiming for:
    http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/104/505/104505908_640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The Pavlovian keyboard fart. That particular poster seems to be particularly afflicted...

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

If you've got the money - you can get a hair transplant.
    If you don't want to spend that kind of money - you can shave your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Letree wrote: »

This is what you should be aiming for:
    http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/104/505/104505908_640.jpg
    In japan these are called 'barcodes'.

Also, some follically challenged go further and actually apply some kinf of spray/paint/polish that goes directly onto the skin and colours it black, presumably to make the combover/barcode less obvious.

Don't do this, OP.

Get some rabbits tattooed on your scalp.

From a distance they'll look like hares :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

hurlsey wrote: »

Shave you're head. Nothing worse than someone trying to make the most of what they don't have.

Advertisement