Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy rain,Strong Winds In East & Flooding Overnight Thurs 13th /Friday 14th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

zerks wrote: »
    Rain is almost biblical here in Wexford.Been lashing since 9am.

I'm in ferns it's unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

we had a very heavy shower and now thunder and lightning over Dunmawnway West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

28.4mm and still coming down here, I expect another 20mm to 30mm tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

What time is this first torrent to clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Call me Al wrote: »

Looks like between 3-4pm from the NE coast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Call me Al wrote: »

Rain has stopped here in Co.Wexford,brightening up from the South but as said by Maquilada we'll have more heavy rain tonight.

Roads everywhere here are flooded,drains couldn't take the sheer volume of water despite being cleared recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

There could be some real problems here along the east coast come early tomorrow morning with the band of rain that is due tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

First band nearly cleared from the east . Some isolated thunderstorms in Cork tough...

Then round 2 later looks as serious as the first one sat24!!

http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Seen on Facebook main N11 in Enniscorthy 7mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

61.0mm since 9.30am near Ballyknockan, Co. Wicklow. The rivers are very swollen, but still a way to go before anything like 25th October 2011. Similar intensity of rainfall to that event.

• Advertisement

Coles wrote: »
    61.0mm since 9.30am near Ballyknockan, Co. Wicklow. The rivers are very swollen, but still a way to go before anything like 25th October 2011. Similar intensity of rainfall to that event.

Did you record that Coles or what station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

sjb25 wrote: »

A better one here
    B2UuIBAIQAAer8f.jpg:large

AA Roadwatch twitter is full with places being reported as flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

Villain wrote: »
    Did you record that Coles or what station.
    I'm recording it with a tipping bucket rain gauge. It's fairly accurate and in a good open location.

I'll post some pictures of the streams and rivers later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG almighty shower here in Cork City now - can only imagine the rain on the east coast....

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

Seriously heavy hail in Cork now by Airport business park. The sky is gone very dark

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Every time it starts easing off here in D8, down it comes again. Can't remember sustained rain this heavy in a long time. Feels like the sky is sitting on the roof of the house.

There's a pink patch on the Met Eireann radar that seems to be refusing to shift from Dublin :eek:

I think AA Roadwatch might find it easier to tweet where ISN'T flooded at this stage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It was actually a really heavy hail shower :eek:

leahyl wrote: »
    It was actually a really heavy hail shower :eek:
    Yep some heavy pulses there with Lightning near the coast.

15595226830_7576a89db7_o.pngcork rain

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just 21.0mm so far here (in my part of south Dublin). Rain is moderate but pretty relentless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Seriously heavy hail in Cork now by Airport business park. The sky is gone very dark

Just got caught in that at lunch - drowned :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

I reckon the traffic will be horrendous for Dublin in 2 hours time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

northgirl wrote: »
    Just got caught in that at lunch - drowned :pac:

Nothing worse..

Be grand if you were on the way home, you wouldn't care.. But to be heading back to work soaked is cruel..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Not looking forward to home time, that and the fact that my boot has broke and I may as well be walking home barefoot.

sjb25 wrote: »

Flooded at the other side also,traffic being diverted across the top of town.

It's gas,there's warm sunshine here now,I went out to do a few bits and was telling people we are only at half time for the rain & they couldn't believe it.
    The Slaney will burst it's banks sooner than later,it's been running high since the last rains & is rising rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This will be clearing within the next hour from Dublin. Overall not as bad as parts of East Meath, North Co Dublin and Louth but a lot of excess water none the less and this could be an issue later on tonight when more pulses of rain move up across the southeast, midlands and east of the country. The water table is pretty full at this stage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain easing up here (in south Dublin) now. Up to 25.4mm for the day now...or precisely 1 inch in old money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Wind Warning now too

STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Ireland

Strong to gale force winds with mean speed of 45 – 60 km/h gusting 90 – 100 km/h, strongest in the east and northeast.
    Issued:
    Thursday 13 November 2014 14:00

Valid:
    Friday 14 November 2014 02:00 to Friday 14 November 2014 14:00

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

If anyones planning on driving to blancharstown (past cappah hospital)be very careful,its like a river

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Enniscorthy :

B2U0dXuIAAA4k-9.jpg:large

Not sure where this is :

B2U_mxnCEAAof5R.jpg

• Advertisement

The river is still a few feet lower than the flooded road in that pic of Enniscorthy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement