Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Any HD quality setting is crashing the flash player in Firefox for me on the 60fps vids. I know Chrome supports it but ive become very attached to Firefox over the years so i guess ill be waiting till it supports it. Shame cant choose the fps till then.

Good move on googles part though imo,now not only get to play at 60fps but get to watch it as well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Bit puzzled by this.

It's a fan-made version of Halo made in CryEngine.

Not sure what the legal dealy is with it. I would think it'd be the same as Black Mesa but that didn't seem to have too many problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

cable-ezee-wrap-r1035-534.jpg

Where would I get some of this in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

srumball wrote: »
    cable-ezee-wrap-r1035-534.jpg

Where would I get some of this in Dublin?

maplins on jervis street

Having a playthrough of Crysis (and Warhead after that) at the moment.

What a masterpiece it is.

You have to replay it to realise why 2 and 3 were seen as such let downs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've still never played Crysis. Got about an hour in back when it was launched, and it burned out my graphics card iirc. Pretty sure i bought it for a few quid in a Steam sale, so must give it a go.

Kiith wrote: »
    I've still never played Crysis. Got about an hour in back when it was launched, and it burned out my graphics card iirc. Pretty sure i bought it for a few quid in a Steam sale, so must give it a go.

Initially it wouldn't run for me on Windows 8.1.

I think I found the fix for it on the steam forums though and it's pretty straightforward.

Blizzcon is this weekend.

Hopefully they're going to announce Legacy of the Void, ideally to be released around March/April (if Heart of the Swarm is anything to go by).

Rumours that there's going to be a Hearthstone expansion and Heroes of the Storm has been kicking about for a while now so maybe they'll give a release day for that too.

I think I had my fill of Mobas when they were just mods for Warcraft 3.

Yeah, i've no interest in MOBA's or Hearthstone to be honest, so i'll only be interested in the Starcraft finale. Still haven't played the HotS, but will do once we get closer to the release date of the last part.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, really looking forward to the SC2 finals, was watching the RO16 at the weekend, some really brilliant games. I don't really get MOBAs, not my sorta game at all and the learning curve seems impossibly steep (and who wants to be called a n00bie fag over and over and over again because you don't know what all the magic items or whatever do when the alternative is to stomp around in a Titan). Hearthstone baffles me, I have no idea how it works and having only a passing familiarity with CCG's anyway, I have nothing to really reference to get a handle on it at all. I'm really glad it's doing so well for them, it's the dark horse hit of 2014 for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭Glebee

Gbear wrote: »

I really enjoyed Warhead, for some reason seem to remember it more than the original..

It took installing it on a virtual Windows XP machine on my server but I'm playing Civ 2 for the first time in about 14 years!

Oh the memories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Gbear wrote: »

They're entirely different games. Crysis 2 and 3 were just generic by the number shooters, a world apart from what Crysis and Warhead offered. Admittedly Crysis gets a bit suspect towards the end, but on the whole it was a great experience. I got through Crysis 2 but turned off Crysis 3 after the 3rd mission, couldn't even go on. Wonder what went so wrong.

The port of Crysis for the Xbox 360 is surprisingly good too.

EA.

Nuff said really.

ZJwerar.jpg

SQUEEE!!!

I wonder what the 'big announcement' will be. Apparently, it's a new IP (or at least, not related to Warcraft, Diablo or Starcraft).

Overwatch they're calling it - looks like a 1st/3rd person arena shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

looks like team fortress, I'm not that impressed tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

I need a new game lads. Currently motoring through BL pre sequel. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

9bred4 wrote: »
    I need a new game lads. Currently motoring through BL pre sequel. Any ideas?

Preferred genre?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Find myself playing alot of shooters. Mass Effect, Far Cry, Borderlands. Have the Bioshock series but I like to play them in one fell swoop so will wait a while before going at them. Games like the Sims, CIV also interest me!

Shooter: Warframe (F2P co-op MMO thing)

Strategy: Crusader Kings II (grand strategy, steep and long learning curve)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Xcom

combo between shooter and strategy

I've quite enjoyed watching WCS Starcraft 2 at Blizzcon.

The final is about to start for anyone interested.

There were serious technical problems but the last 4 or 5 games have gone by without a hitch.

I'm watching the finals now, Taeja is up at the analysis desk with Smix translating joking that the Artosis Curse is coming into play so MMA's bound to lose :D

Really impressed with Life, but I was really hoping for one of my Brotoss to make the finals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

looks like team fortress, I'm not that impressed tbh

looked into trailers and gameplay and honestly I wouldn't knock it till I've tried it.

Blizzards first new IP in 17 years; and remember when Starcraft came around? "Oh, just another Command and Conquer. Pfft"

Overheal wrote: »
    Blizzards first new IP in 17 years; and remember when Starcraft came around? "Oh, just another Command and Conquer. Pfft"

It was more like "Ooh, Warcraft in Space.."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Overheal wrote: »
    looked into trailers and gameplay and honestly I wouldn't knock it till I've tried it.

I actually still think that about SC/2, and TF didnt hold my attention for as long as it did with others, i even bought it, that's how long i've had it.

Competitive gaming being mentioned as a selling point was enough to sour me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

9bred4 wrote: »
    Find myself playing alot of shooters. Mass Effect, Far Cry, Borderlands. Have the Bioshock series but I like to play them in one fell swoop so will wait a while before going at them. Games like the Sims, CIV also interest me!

Shooter? Curious as to the genre here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Competitive gaming being mentioned as a selling point was enough to sour me

I take that to mean there is a low skill floor so it's easy to watch and a high skill ceiling so the men are separate from the boys, which also makes it fun to watch.

Advertisement