Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeders Cup Weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

He was gelded after moving to US. Maybe that had more of an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

BumperD wrote: »

The lasix and bute helped even more

Perhaps. But as we've learned, it's not exclusive to the U.S. at least they are open about its use.

Back to the racing, fancy big marcher in the next back at 6f.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

jimjamcos wrote: »
    The juice has made some job of that animal. The Yanks have mentioned the great training performance by Motion and the fact he's now got fast ground roughly 37 times since the race, but given the horse was beaten over 10l by feckin Ektihaam on GF while in Europe, anyone who belives that is deluded.

Hopefully Toronado can show them. Think his price is just too big now.

don't see the track suiting Toronado, going to be a little outpaced around the tight turns, not going to suit his style of race

Given Weld has never had a breeders cup winner, I cant fancy Mustajeeb, though the track will suit him much better

Obviously would not want to get too much rope up front, as could well make all - those injections make some difference to the imports !!

the pin has come down on the french filly Veda, will like the ground and has decent prospects of a mild surprise

Perhaps. But as we've learned, it's not exclusive to the U.S. at least they are open about its use.

Where else can a trainer use drugs without paying the consequence ? If you think main sequence became a "Monster" because his balls were cut off then you are not paying close attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Wonder is that Coolmore/Baffert horse up to much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Was he not gelded for his final (poor) runs in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The lasix and bute helped even more
    Most of the European horses (Dank, Chiquta) ran with Lasix as well.

cant compare a horse getting it for a few days to those using it for months

Where else can a trainer use drugs without paying the consequence ? If you think main sequence became a "Monster" because his balls were cut off then you are not paying close attention.

U.K.? Ireland? Dubai? Appears there is a big problem going on undetected for years. Anyway, I was just pointing out he was gelded and that may have improved him. Perhaps the drugs did the trick? I don't care to be honest. I know the U.S. horses have an advantage with lasix etc. Were you not aware of this before?

• Advertisement

Most of the European horses (Dank, Chiquta) ran with Lasix as well.

Whats your point ? if you drink once a year does that make you an alcoholic ?

U.K.? Ireland? Dubai? Appears there is a big problem going on undetected for years. Anyway, I was just pointing out he was gelded and that may have improved him. Perhaps the drugs did the trick? I don't care to be honest. I know the U.S. horses have an advantage with lasix etc. Were you not aware of this before?

Sure you care. that's why you're responding. I worked in american racing for 20 years I know who the players are and what they are all about and who is undetected ? name some names. who are the drug trainers in Europe and Dubai who haven't been caught ?

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Was he not gelded for his final (poor) runs in England?

I heard on nbc before the race that he was gelded after his last run in Europe, maybe they were wrong but that's what they said. Anyway, he improved, be it for lasix ior getting his knackers chopped off or a combo of both. I would not have backed him on form. Never. But that's the breeders cup, slightly uneven playing pitch

Sure you care. that's why you're responding. I worked in american racing for 20 years I know who the players are and what they are all about

Fair enough.

Andalucia wrote: »
    cant compare a horse getting it for a few days to those using it for months
    A few days is all you need though, right? A horse on Lasix is likely to run about a stone stone lighter within a very short time of use.

A few days is all you need though, right? A horse on Lasix is likely to run about a stone stone lighter within a very short time of use.

Horses who use lasix piss out up to 25 pounds of water/Hydration. European horses run hydrated and most are not used to being dehydrated come race time. while horses in America are used to it because they get lasix every time they run. the shot is given 2 hrs before the race.

horses on Lasix basically run de-hydrated, hence the excessive weight loss
    they are not given access to water for four hours after being administered the drug

• Registered Users Posts: 35,880 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like Tom's Tribute. Mike smith won on him before and it seem to have a good attitude .
    20-1 ew 11.40

Will Europe draw a blank? Last chance saloon it would seem in the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Lasix is not the full problem as to the Europeans lack of success. Who have they had that was really expected to win that didn't? No one really.

Having said that I hope Toronado cruises home here, with his friend Lasix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Will Europe draw a blank? Last chance saloon it would seem in the next.

There surely going to win this. Surely.

Lasix is not the full problem as to the Europeans lack of success. Who have they had that was really expected to win that didn't? No one really.

Having said that I hope Toronado cruises home here, with his friend Lasix.

They are sending their A string while Europe is sending it's B and C string its that simple.

horses on Lasix basically run de-hydrated, hence the excessive weight loss
    they are not given access to water for four hours after being administered the drug

That's what I said

Kaigun ew 33-1 11.40
    I think it has a place chance.Stays on

Toranado lost it in the bend

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Disaster for Toronado. Not sure what Hughsie was up to at the start of the race.

Toranado lost it in the bend
    Lost it before that. Hughes watched the other races and produced the horse early thinking if it got out in front in an ideal position then it wouldn't be beat. The fact that Trade Storm finished ahead of it showed just how badly Hughes judged the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

don't see the track suiting Toronado, going to be a little outpaced around the tight turns, not going to suit his style of race

Given Weld has never had a breeders cup winner, I cant fancy Mustajeeb, though the track will suit him much better

Obviously would not want to get too much rope up front, as could well make all - those injections make some difference to the imports !!

the pin has come down on the french filly Veda, will like the ground and has decent prospects of a mild surprise

FairPlay you called it, bend blew it. Not sure about Hughes tactics early on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I got slated before for saying this, take Hughes out of his comfort zone and he can be very average. He is not near an outstanding jockey. Moore,Kinane, Murtagh are or were streets ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Not sure what Hughes was thinking there. Absolute stinker of a ride.

Advertisement