Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 23 - League & Cup

Options
  • 14-09-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Well, season 23 is upon us.

Plenty of changes rolled out in 22, not sure if the lads will keep up the same rate for 23, but I'm interested to see what else they'll add to the game.

As per usual at this time of the game, throw down your hopes, dreams and general ponderings for the season ahead.

With the addition of Tralee Titans, Everyone Likes a Tryer and Keep Off the Grass, three teams I usually lose to, I think I'll be swiftly dropping down to Div 3. With this in mind, I've been selling off my old big purchase players, the ones that kept me afloat in Div 2 for the last few seasons.
    I figure if I'm destine to drop at the end of the season, I might as well go down with the makings of a team that'll get me back up in a season or two.
    Nearly lost my qualifier, so there's a level of quality growing in Div 3 that's just waiting to bubble up.

Of course, I'd prefer to stay in Div 2 if I can, so the cup is definitely not a priority this season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Just had a look at my new div 2 league and im definitely the weakest by good margin. looks like another relegation on the cards this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

in one of the toughest 3rd div leagues trying for third place this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

the div II standard has definitely risen in the last few seasons. used to be top 4 no bother,then struggled, then relegated so back now and mean to stay!

league is priority, anything from the cup will be purely financial bonus.

Tough tough league I am in - apart from them curly sue girls!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

I've been promoted to Div II and looking at the opposition my hopes for the year is to not loss all my games.
    Ah well the experience will be fun :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

eoferrall wrote: »

Tough tough league I am in - apart from them curly sue girls!:pac:

tough league...hell yeah...i'm blaming you & Fewi for this :D

But underestimate CSDS at your peril!!!

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    tough league...hell yeah...i'm blaming you & Fewi for this :D

But underestimate CSDS at your peril!!!

Are we all in the same league now - the chances!!

it'll be like an unofficial official Boards.ie comp within the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

After scraping through the league last season, the real challenge starts this season :D

Are we all in the same league now - the chances!!

it'll be like an unofficial official Boards.ie comp within the league.

Yeah its been like that for a few seasons now...hell even GH is floating around boards! As far as I can see the only team in it thats not got a boards member is Tralee Titans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yeah its been like that for a few seasons now...hell even GH is floating around boards! As far as I can see the only team in it thats not got a boards member is Tralee Titans

It's gonna be a fun season alright. Sort of what i needed to be honest; getting a bit jaded with the game; tbh I haven't really grasped the new tactics.

A bit like fewi, I have had to start cleaning out my squad. Not helped by a series of 29 y/o starting to drop. TM is a bit mad at the moment too. On the upside, I have two u20 graduates so it will be nice to get them in match day squads with some energy!

Goal for the season: Clean out some players and make the playoffs.

well for me my goals for the season are:

FRF : Make playoffs (or worst case stay up!)

TSV alling : challenge for promotion back to Div 2 in Germany and hopefully a good cup run

• Advertisement

I don't believe it, my cup game cost me money last night. Quite a big chunk too.

I don't believe it, my cup game cost me money last night. Quite a big chunk too.

nobody turn up to watch?

nobody turn up to watch?

a paltry 14,000. hardly worth getting out of bed to play in front of that many!!

a paltry 14,000. hardly worth getting out of bed to play in front of that many!!

14k? your supporters (or what's left of them) must be fairly disillusioned!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

good luck to all in season 23.Have just returned from therapy after losing division 2 final last season by one point having gone whole season without dropping even a bonus point we are back recharged ,reckon our league will be a real scrap this season ,sad to see dread0s go ,we will have to get tralee titans on here so then all teams in our league can have the banter.

good luck to all in season 23.Have just returned from therapy after losing division 2 final last season by one point having gone whole season without dropping even a bonus point we are back recharged ,reckon our league will be a real scrap this season ,sad to see dread0s go ,we will have to get tralee titans on here so then all teams in our league can have the banter.

Good luck to you also, hopefully I will be the cause of more therapy for your boys!:p

In all seriousness, step one to attaining a position to avoiding the drop complete, pick up points!!

Took a chance & it paid off today. Took down Tralee titans

That's prob thrown a spanner amongst the works for them...by my reckoning they're gonna have to try to beat Monivea now to have a chance at winning the league.

Plus its showing others in the league that Tralee can be taken down if you try ( hint hint guys! :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

My team has less than 1/6th the average CSR of the next lowest team in my division. Cock.

Took a chance & it paid off today. Took down Tralee titans

That's prob thrown a spanner amongst the works for them...by my reckoning they're gonna have to try to beat Monivea now to have a chance at winning the league.

Plus its showing others in the league that Tralee can be taken down if you try ( hint hint guys! :) )

you'll have to spread the tactics around! ;)

stats seem very even all way through other than tries - well sneaky tries!!:pac:

league very open at the minute, however if you'd lost then i'd have an advantage in surviving this season! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coybib_com

I'm in a weird position of for the time being my team is a clear second best in my Div 3 league, but season after seasonunable to topple the team coming down from Div 2. Any of the teams higher up have this problem, getting stuck between top level div 3 team but not able to overcome low level div 2 teams. I've been stuck in this limbo for 3 or 4 seasons now, it sucks :( Just keeping working on improving squad whilst being patient is only hope i guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Coybib_com wrote: »
    I'm in a weird position of for the time being my team is a clear second best in my Div 3 league, but season after seasonunable to topple the team coming down from Div 2. Any of the teams higher up have this problem, getting stuck between top level div 3 team but not able to overcome low level div 2 teams. I've been stuck in this limbo for 3 or 4 seasons now, it sucks :( Just keeping working on improving squad whilst being patient is only hope i guess?

Yep, took me ages to break from Div 3 to Div 2. All I can say is hang in there because BR very much runs in cycles. I've peaked with my team and over the next 2 seasons I'll start falling rapidly as the rebuilding process takes place. The way I see it, if you want to win the big prizes you have to build a team slowly and mould them, buying older guys means you are always patching a team together and that won't win Cups and Div 1 titles. I have no fear that you will see yourself in Div I within the next 4 or 5 seasons if you persist at it

you'll have to spread the tactics around! ;)

stats seem very even all way through other than tries - well sneaky tries!!:pac:

league very open at the minute, however if you'd lost then i'd have an advantage in surviving this season! ;)

I've a feeling Tralee are going to go bot. Doesnt look like hes logged in since he went into promo/relegation match. If he does go bot it'll be a bit of a strange season...those who beat him as team will have a huge advantage vs those who dont.....

Coybib_com wrote: »

it took me a good few seasons to break this cycle too...had a few unfortunate playoff losses when i did actually manage to break it too then. Stick at it, you might get lucky that one of the teams that go down go bot or are revamping the team. Look at it as a good opportunity to try to work on your tactics at the same time/rest players/try for a cup run

I've a feeling Tralee are going to go bot. Doesnt look like hes logged in since he went into promo/relegation match. If he does go bot it'll be a bit of a strange season...those who beat him as team will have a huge advantage vs those who dont.....

how's that? in ranking points? I know I don't keep up to date on things but I would have thought beating a bot was easier! is there some mechanism in place now for when a team goes bot during the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭morgan62

He means i think whoever can beat them in the first 7 rounds have a good chance at the league

morgan62 wrote: »
    He means i think whoever can beat them in the first 7 rounds have a good chance at the league

I was clearly reading more into than the basics! :D

how's that? in ranking points? I know I don't keep up to date on things but I would have thought beating a bot was easier! is there some mechanism in place now for when a team goes bot during the league?

I dont know if you're taking the p*ss or not...teams only go bot after round 7,14 & 15 now. Means everybody plays them as a regular team once /twice a season....it was felt that under the old system some people got an unfair advantage as they played them as a bot twice in the league where others played them once

But yeah i meant people who can sneak a win vs the 'live' team (even if its unmanaged) have an advantage in the league (plus extra ranking points...etc)

I dont know if you're taking the p*ss or not...teams only go bot after round 7,14 & 15 now. Means everybody plays them as a regular team once /twice a season....it was felt that under the old system some people got an unfair advantage as they played them as a bot twice in the league where others played them once

But yeah i meant people who can sneak a win vs the 'live' team (even if its unmanaged) have an advantage in the league (plus extra ranking points...etc)

hmm that sounds familiar - forgot that. just thought they went bot when they went bot!

must try to beat them so!

on a somewhat realted note, just remembered cup match tonight. damn firsts rolling out and not on WNWIM...waste of energy! :(

So Tralee titans logged in...means he's alive! & his team won't be going not this season at any rate.That throws a spanner or two into the league!

Cup is still not country ( for me anyways), but season is starting to heat up nicely ðŸ˜ðŸ˜:)

So Tralee titans logged in...means he's alive! & his team won't be going not this season at any rate.That throws a spanner or two into the league!

Cup is still not country ( for me anyways), but season is starting to heat up nicely ðŸ˜ðŸ˜:)

yeah you got a lucky break there catching the team asleep! will be a valuable 5 points you have to give advantage to you over the rest of us scrapping away!

• Advertisement

yeah you got a lucky break there catching the team asleep! will be a valuable 5 points you have to give advantage to you over the rest of us scrapping away!

I think one of the big things though, is that Monivea cant just assume that everybody will step aside for them this season. He'll have to go for Tralee if he wants to win home advantage for the playoffs.

GH- remember i'm playing you the week after you play Tralee :D -I'll be waiting in the long grass for ya :eek:

Advertisement