Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The king is here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Stephen_King

Yeah, a giggle on the internet. If i was involved in the Irish MMA scene i would be hanging my head right now.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Conor is 1 of if not the best Featherweight out there-personally i'd love to see him match up with Tim Murphy, Joe Clarke and Ben Davis and if he beats all 3 then it's top European or UFC next time there in town

Tim is a quality fighter but i think Coaching is his perogative, not sure if the fight would interest him, But for Ben and Joe i see no reason why not as it would be a big boost to them to further there goals too, all 4 lads are great fighters either way and i doubt they'd be avoiding anyone, Owen roddy is obviously another top fighter but is a team mate of Conor and also has coaching as his priority, a match with him and any of the lads above would be cool too.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I think Joe should stick to bantam myself. Ben and Conor... I'd pay to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Why?

I was being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Menace2Society

NOTORIOUS. wrote: »
    remind me of that donkey Chris ''Menace to absolutly f@@king nothing'' Stringer with his bandana on you guys should fight,, winner takes the losers 2pac posters !

What is with all the hate? I really can't be aresed getting into a war of words or trash talkin.

By the way, I've stopped wearing a bandana & haven't done in my last 4 fights. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

cowzerp wrote: »
    Conor is 1 of if not the best Featherweight out there-personally i'd love to see him match up with Tim Murphy, Joe Clarke and Ben Davis and if he beats all 3 then it's top European or UFC next time there in town

Tim is a quality fighter but i think Coaching is his perogative, not sure if the fight would interest him, But for Ben and Joe i see no reason why not as it would be a big boost to them to further there goals too, all 4 lads are great fighters either way and i doubt they'd be avoiding anyone, Owen roddy is obviously another top fighter but is a team mate of Conor and also has coaching as his priority, a match with him and any of the lads above would be cool too.

To be fair i think there are much better fights for him in the UK and Europe right now.

I put my email on another thread last week asking people to email me if they wanted to fight Conor on Cage Warriors and no-one sent me a mail

As for UFC, the top Featherweight in Europe is Tom Niinimaki (15-6) and he is still getting no love depsite taking out several top European guys. It might take a lot more than you think to get into Zuffaland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

From my point of view there is tough fights still that can be had in Ireland, Ben Davis would be tough, Tim Murphy too-joe Clarke and decky are young and talented, maybe there going to want to bud up there experience a bit

I'd love to see someone established as the best feather and not open to debate before they start fighting outside of Ireland, they can do both obviously

I know getting into the UFC is tough but when they come here they will want Irish fighters on the show, he has to be 1 of the fighters with an eye on that

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

cowzerp wrote: »
    From my point of view there is tough fights still that can be had in Ireland, Ben Davis would be tough, Tim Murphy too-joe Clarke and decky are young and talented, maybe there going to want to bud up there experience a bit

I'd love to see someone established as the best feather and not open to debate before they start fighting outside of Ireland, they can do both obviously

I know getting into the UFC is tough but when they come here they will want Irish fighters on the show, he has to be 1 of the fighters with an eye on that

That's fair enough, we just have a different perspective of things. I like Ben Davis, I've seen him fight live and he has skills. Whilst i know you have first hand experience of Tim Murphy. (I haven't seen him fight live)

I'm sure those fights would make sense from a strictly domestic viewpoint but not for beyond Ireland and not for Conor either. He has a solid record and needs to push on. e.g. Last night in KSW, Artur Sowinski destroyed the uber talented UFC veteran Maciej Jewtuszko in just 46 seconds. But Conor put Sowinski away inside two rounds earlier this year.

I think it's time for the others to establish themselves as a challenger by fighting each other and let Conor tackle the European stage and maybe set-up an Irish superfight down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭The Prodigy 2

I like mcgregors attitude , hopefully it will get him spotted in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If every a thread needed a revival. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Holy hell. Flashback & a half :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Well that was entertaining, what a first post!!

I genuinely lold..

And looking at his other posts he certainly got under the skin of a few!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks to nic cage for finding it in mcgregor thread.

I remember reading this when it was first posted and thinking what a nutter :D

Well, called it lads, the king WAS here.

Thread should be locked and stickied for pure awesomeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

Haha nice vid chicken dinner november 2010 that badboy is from fighting up a weight **** happens ill get my chance to redeem that fight!!

Haha, I remember this dude, I looked up his fight record and then posted the video of the one he lost v duffy, just to get see what his reaction would be, he took it in good humour!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Few people eating humble pie on here id say.....

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

nc19 wrote: »
    Few people eating humble pie on here id say.....

A lot of people!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Calling you out Conor. Mark it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

4000 views since it was bumped :D

Come on Conor sign back in and say hello

there would be meltdown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Look back on Conor's comments here... http://touch.boards.ie/search/?userid=494972&sort=newest

It just proves he's been the way he is since well before the UFC came knocking.

He's not "putting on a show" as many claim. He is what he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Look back on Conor's comments here... http://touch.boards.ie/search/?userid=494972&sort=newest

It just proves he's been the way he is since well before the UFC came knocking.

He's not "putting on a show" as many claim. He is what he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

One of Ireland top Featherweights, signed to the organisation Cage Warriors (future Cage Warriors champ imo).
    ethanhawk wrote: »
    LOL, On The Band Wagon

Haha! :cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Dont worry folks i reply to any call out even if it is against a little white guy who thinks he is a big black guy,,,,

Conor Dillon that broken foot was the best thing that ever happened to you that night and you know it
    You left that ring lookin like your hero snoop dogg, black and blue

Walkin around with a death row records chain around your neck you bum your a five foot nothing pastey white kerry bum you remind me of that donkey Chris ''Menace to absolutly f@@king nothing'' Stringer with his bandana on you guys should fight,, winner takes the losers 2pac posters

Im after the real gold a belt that no irish man has ever won and dont say paul mcveigh has won it he is as scottish as the loch ness monster

On another note vote for me for fighter of the year how can you not the busiest fighter this year 4 second ko's ,16 second ko's, broken orbital bones, broken jaws, broken noses, fighters retired,, 100 per cent knockout
    ratio what other guy in the country is doing this

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ARE RUNNING SCARED
    EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!

haha brilliant, nice to see you've always been as mad as a bag of cats......sexy dicky bow wearing cats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

haha brilliant, nice to see you've always been as mad as a bag of cats......sexy dicky bow wearing cats

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuCl6n2V-U5aQWPhb9zwoA8leJ2by8-RkoCtnRYAmHBtO_ztgyeOJetGdb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuCl6n2V-U5aQWPhb9zwoA8leJ2by8-RkoCtnRYAmHBtO_ztgyeOJetGdb

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV6HP8eh6yFxU8lSZpzmFa1b-QJH98l0u-9OUm4brdACIpuofQ
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

That is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV6HP8eh6yFxU8lSZpzmFa1b-QJH98l0u-9OUm4brdACIpuofQ
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Hahahaha Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I assumed McGregor's big mouth was just from watching the success of Chael Sonnen's gob. Who is he fighting next btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭chazbat1

Hoping Cub gets injured and he fights Frankie that's the fight right there....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lighting1

chazbat1 wrote: »
    Hoping Cub gets injured and he fights Frankie that's the fight right there....

I seen on his twitter he is fighting Diego in November, anyone know if this is true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 smiley2742

Lighting1 wrote: »
    I seen on his twitter he is fighting Diego in November, anyone know if this is true?

definitely not true. dana said it wasn't happening. its a crazy notion to be fair!

Advertisement