Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Outlaw?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I'll probably get flayed alive for this but I always liked Martin Cahill aka 'The General'. I know he did some terrible things but I always thought of him as a bad ass with a conscience.

I'll probably get flayed alive for this but I always liked Martin Cahill aka 'The General'. I know he did some terrible things but I always thought of him as a bad ass with a conscience.

He was a character all right (the art heist was genius.. to begin with at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bret Maverick

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

I hear that renegade! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

his absolute hatred of the State was admirable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Trent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

He was a character all right (the art heist was genius.. to begin with at least).

I think he got a bit too greedy in the end. I've read the book and watched the movie and cried at the end of both.

My history teacher told me I was neurotic for feeling any sort of compassion and admiration for such a monster. I told him I like to see the good in everyone. :pac:

I'm still waiting for the flaying to commence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The Duke brothers.

Making their way the only way the know how.

I think he got a bit too greedy in the end.

For me at least, any chance he had of going down in the history books as a loveable rouge, ended when he had the bomb placed in a forensic scientist's car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

My favourite real-life outlaw would be 'D. B. Cooper'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
    D. B. Cooper is a media epithet popularly used to refer to an unidentified man who hijacked a Boeing 727 aircraft in the airspace between Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington, on November 24, 1971, extorted $200,000 in ransom (equivalent to $1,160,000 in 2014), and parachuted to an uncertain fate. Despite an extensive manhunt and an ongoing FBI investigation, the perpetrator has never been located or positively identified. The case remains the only unsolved air piracy in American aviation history.
    In my opinion his escapade is the definition of what is meant by the term bad-ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Nathan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Adamantium wrote: »
    Sean Fitzpatrick ~ steal from the rich to give to the poor

Oh....wait...

What did he 'steal' exactly?

Fair play for the poor having stuff to be stolen, you'd almost say they weren't poor at all in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Robin Hood, robbed from the rich and gave to the poor....

Hmmm....works the opposite nowadays....

But he was still determined to get his social welfare entitlements. Classy.

Reminds me of those 'freeman' ass***es.

And I'm sure anyone who was burgled by Cahill was equally impressed. And he was stupid enough to **** with the IRA

Career criminal scum.

Nothing to admire. Move along.

beano345 wrote: »
    Frank morris,escapee from alcatraz

But did he make it to shore alive?

Surprised no one has mentioned Assange or Snowden.

Thankfully Bin Laden was brought to justice and put down like the dog he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Black Bart - the gentleman stagecoach robber who left poems behind at the scene of the crime.

For a minute there I thought you were talking about good auld Bertie the Teflon Taoiseach :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

That barefoot thief guy ... Or nickname along those lines ... Basically a teenager who went on a massive run of theft of boats and small planes. Some speculate he has the ass-burgers but he managed to learn to fly just from books and videos and managed to outwit and evade the law while generating a fan base.

Now he's in jail in the us iirc - being bummed. Ah well can't win em all.

Barefoot bandit. Colton harris.
    Crashed a stolen plane into an Indian reservation, puking all over it in his near death escape, before stealing a powerboat to go to the Bahamas where he'd break into peoples houses for icecreams lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Aung San Suu Kyi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

An Internet outlaw if you will, Kim Dotcom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Tommy Vercetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Mata Hari (Stage name)
    Margaretha Geertruida "Margreet" Zelle MacLeod (Real name)

Frisian exotic dancer and courtesan who was convicted of being a spy and executed by firing squad in France under charges of espionage for Germany during World War I.
    She was spy on both sides for each other and stitching them up.
    Not bad looking either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

But did he make it to shore alive?

Who knows,the mythbusters episode where they re-enacted the escape showed it could easily be done.Morris's escape partners families are certain they are alive somewhere one even claimed to have gotten a Christmas card one year from them.rumour was flying about that on the 50th anniversary of their escape they would return to Alcatraz for a visit.must have worried the local sheriffs department as they sent officers over there that day to see if they could spot them.

Morris was very intelligent,so I'd say if they made it they went to ground very quickly.think it was one of the biggest manhunts the states has ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Yer man Jarrod Schulz from Storage Wars.
    His T-shirts all say he's an outlaw and he's banging Brandi, that's bad ass enough to get my vote

An ex-outlaw, Frank Abagnale's story sure is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Keyser soze

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Bodhi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kneemos wrote: »
    Psychotic scumbags more like.
    kneemos wrote: »
    Ghandi.
    Mother Theresa.

Delicious irony is delicious.

John Dillinger for me too, robbing banks in a suit with a tommy gun.

Advertisement