Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rionegro Insurgency - Belurgan Park August 16th and 17th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

ricka wrote: »
    One to skip so! :)

Oh darn, no HQ tea boy this year........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

thermo wrote: »

How many points do you get for takin out an EM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

thermo wrote: »
    I am pretty sure he is still wanted for war crimes. He wasn't arrested last year...

sliabh wrote: »
    I am pretty sure he is still wanted for war crimes. He wasn't arrested last year...

My tea wasn't that bad Sliabh

ricka wrote: »
    My tea wasn't that bad Sliabh
    I am pretty sure it wasn't for crimes against tea. In fact I believe the arrest warrant cited:
    his individual criminal responsibility as regards breach and conspiracy to breach of UNSG resolution 2011/174 pertaining to arms embargoes, Violations of the laws or customs of war (Article 3) of plunder of public and private property not justified by military necessity, Grave breaches of the Geneva Conventions 1949 (Article 2) of wilfully causing great suffering and extensive destruction of private and public property committed during the course of the ongoing Rionegro conflict from 2011 to 2013.

The case notes said "Key member of the “Proveedor” supply chain bringing arms into Rioengro in breach of the arms embargo. Was the final part of the supply chain, processing orders for local military units, arranging shipment and distribution of weapons, parts and accessories under the cover of toy importing business."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

He wasn't the only one to evade capture...

I am pretty sure it wasn't for crimes against tea. In fact I believe the arrest warrant cited:

The case notes said "Key member of the “Proveedor” supply chain bringing arms into Rioengro in breach of the arms embargo. Was the final part of the supply chain, processing orders for local military units, arranging shipment and distribution of weapons, parts and accessories under the cover of toy importing business."

Deja vu :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

blog-thumb-7-460x261.jpg

Woops, should have posted this here, instead of over on the thread for last year's game.
    Over 220 tickets sold for Ireland's biggest Airsoft event. La Cara Nova are sold out, and there are less than 15 tickets left for the 25th Light Infantry.

Unlike previous years we will NOT be releasing more tickets when these are gone. So book early!

There is a live update on available tickets on our booking page.

La Cara Nova and the 25th Light Infantry are now sold out. Limited number of places left for the Heavies and the UN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

grrrr raging I'm missing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

TheDoc wrote: »
    grrrr raging I'm missing this.

Just tell her to hold it in till after

By my count we have 284 players booked now. There are only 23 tickets left (in the UN which will very much be a shooting unit, you may need to bring extra BBs).

There will be NO MORE tickets when they are gone. And we WILL NOT be releasing any more tickets or allowing any more people into units that are already full! So please don't ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

By my count we have 284 players booked now. There are only 23 tickets left (in the UN which will very much be a shooting unit, you may need to bring extra BBs).

There will be NO MORE tickets when they are gone. And we WILL NOT be releasing any more tickets or allowing any more people into units that are already full! So please don't ask!

Don't forget the 21 Civilian tickets left! ;)

422nd wrote: »
    Don't forget the 21 Civilian tickets left! ;)

Correct. I was of course referring to (automatic) shooters only.

Do the Civi tickets usually sell out, and if so, how close to the event? This will be my third year in a row. Talked the missus into coming along, hence the step down to Civi this year, for a less airsoft, more camping experience, but with me still getting to keep track of the story and event. :pac:

422nd wrote: »
    Do the Civi tickets usually sell out, and if so, how close to the event? This will be my third year in a row. Talked the missus into coming along, hence the step down to Civi this year, for a less airsoft, more camping experience, but with me still getting to keep track of the story and event. :pac:
    They haven't sold out before. But you never know! They are being promoted more in the LARP community. We are using the "election" and some other story lines to better integrate them this year.

They haven't sold out before. But you never know! They are being promoted more in the LARP community. We are using the "election" and some other story lines to better integrate them this year.

Aye, I see that alright. Should be an interesting experience anyway. A different perspective than normal. Cheers for the quick reply anyway! :)

The private fora have now gone active. If you provided us with your Airsofter username when you booked your ticket you have been given access to the forum now. If you haven't provided it to us, then send us an email with your username and booking confirmation ID to the address below and we will get you access: opfor.gif

Recruiting.jpg
    We need about 20 volunteers to take on small LARP tasks. You don't have to stop being a player, you can still work and fight with your unit as before. More information on our website.

• Advertisement

Where in Rionegro is the body of this Irishman who [URL="Where is the body of this Irishman who has been dead for 170 years?
    http://troops-in-contact.com/2014/07/06/mystery-deepens-around-the-location-of-daniel-obyrnes-bones/"]has been dead for 170 years[/URL]?
    obyrne.jpg

We just posted information on Player vehicles at the Rionegro Insurgency.
    Vehicles.jpg

If you want to bring one then you have 2 weeks to apply.

For players though there will be a chance to destroy these vehicles using the new electronic Laser Airsoft Weapon System - LAWS which is being officially launched at the event.

IMG_0537.jpg

Over the last year the “Irish Airsofters Heavy Weapons R&D Group”, led by Jay Collins, Paul Holdstock and Outlaw with AirsoftVT.

We hope that this will become the standard anti-vehicle and anti-bunker system for Airsoft events in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Best of luck with this sliabh. The last one was epic. Alas im busy doing a thesis this time around but ill look forward to the next one.

Conor

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    Best of luck with this sliabh. The last one was epic. Alas im busy doing a thesis this time around but ill look forward to the next one.

Conor

Sorry you can't make it. We are deep into planning and organisation now, and we should have some pretty epic new things for the game this year.

We have updated the game rules for 2014. The list of changes is at the top of the page.

Some small changes have also been made to the list of Recommended Equipment.

If you have any questions then feel free to post them below!

A few words on radios. In short understand the limitations of PMRs, leave radio comms to the section leaders and unit commanders, and leave the crap radios at home.

We have updated the rules to v1.1. The two changes are:
    • Changed medic rules so that first hit is treatable by any player. Second hit requires a medic and injury card.
    • Added more details on the types of prop knives that are allowed.

Tickets in all "combat" units are now sold out. We still have LARP places though.

It looks like we have 2 available tickets in the United Nations unit from players who have had to drop out. If you are interested in one or both then let me know and I will put you in touch with the individuals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Fianna88

It looks like we have 2 available tickets in the United Nations unit from players who have had to drop out. If you are interested in one or both then let me know and I will put you in touch with the individuals.

Are those tickets still available?

Advertisement