Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fibre ballinasloe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    What speed can your line handle,,your up in cunalach arent ya?

All the houses in there should get 70 or more. The cab is in the middle of the estate. Similar to yourself.

Plinth and groundwork also complete for the Creagh church cab.

Looks like we're in a race for last place Micky.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

kaizersoze wrote: »

Looks like we're in a race for last place Micky.....:pac:

I'm sure with my luck esker will be last ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iscom

Fibre fitted at last . . . . . the guy came (8.30 am) and replaced my phone connection box connected new modem ( a Vodafone badged Huawei ) was a bit worried about the range of the WiFi as it does not have a Aerial as my Netgate does but works fine with good signal in every room. If I have one gripe its the long default pass word which is 14 characters long a mixer of caps letters and numbers which is ok useing a PC but with Tablets and phones etc its a pain. I was getting around 11-14 mbps with my standard broadband but now getting 35mbps with the Fiber . .just downloaded a movie 1.3 gbs took about 5min which is not a fast as I thought it would be but the upload speed of 16gb is a lot faster than than I expected.
    So must go and sort out the passwords on the laptops, tablets, phones, printers, TV's and internet radios not a job I am looking forward to doing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

iscom wrote: »
    So must go and sort out the passwords on the laptops, tablets, phones, printers, TV's and internet radios not a job I am looking forward to doing

I presume if you log into your modem (192.168.1.1 you can change the default wifi password to whatever you like.

• Advertisement

I'm giving it one more week, then I'm going for the cab with my cutters and a bunch of cat5 cable!

gutteruu wrote: »
    I'm giving it one more week, then I'm going for the cab with my cutters and a bunch of cat5 cable!

:D

Cab is powered now so things are moving but you'll be looking at a month or more I'd say.

Sorry For delay. . the speed has been as low as 30mbps and as high as 69Mbps ( using speedtest.net) I am using the vodafone router.
    I just have just done a speedtest whilst writing this posting and it recorded 70.5Mbps but I have noticed that it seems to be a lot faster over the past few days

Fibre links to new cabs completed yesterday at Creagh and upper Brackernagh.

Fibre links to new cabs completed yesterday at Creagh and upper Brackernagh.

Thanks for the update. Just rang Vodafone to see if they had a date set, but no luck. They must hate customers like me

• Advertisement

On wednesday I recorded my highest download speed to date which was 78Mbps guess it depends on time of day just now was only 69Mbps ;)

On wednesday I recorded my highest download speed to date which was 78Mbps guess it depends on time of day just now was only 69Mbps ;)

Feck off........:P

Feck off........:P
    Just heard on the news that Loughrea is to get a high speed fibre netork giving speeds up to 250Mbps via the eNet Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) I remember them laying this MAN being layed in Ballinalsoe a few years ago So the 80Mmbs i have now will be considered slow ;)

getting a bit annoying waiting for this cabinet to land,,all bar ashfield and esker hills seems to be at least installed and most live,,it could be a long summer of waiting for decent speed increase:mad:

Thanks for the update. Just rang Vodafone to see if they had a date set, but no luck. They must hate customers like me

Creagh and Upper Brackernagh completed and commissioned but not live/RFO yet.
    Won't be long now.

update!!. . just reached 81.9 Mbps this was after unplugging router and rebooting the test speed twice 1st was 78mbps the once again it reached 81.9Mbps

Creagh cab is now live and RFO (Ready for Order).:)

Thanks! Rang them the other day and they said they will call me back on the 16th of July as that is the date they can roll it out.

Creagh cab is now live and RFO (Ready for Order).:)

I checked the eircom wholesale page and it doesnt seem that either the creagh cab or upper brackernagh is live yet?

It says Fibre Build Commenced or underway,,something to that effect

I checked the eircom wholesale page and it doesnt seem that either the creagh cab or upper brackernagh is live yet?

It says Fibre Build Commenced or underway,,something to that effect

That map is behind the times a bit.
    I got an update from a contact yesterday.

This is a number in the Pines on the new cab.
    It was showing as unavailable last week....
    311400.JPG

The Upper Brackernagh cab isn't live yet.

• Advertisement

That map is behind the times a bit.
    I got an update from a contact yesterday.

This is a number in the Pines on the new cab.
    It was showing as unavailable last week....
    311400.JPG

The Upper Brackernagh cab isn't live yet.

I stand corrected

No update on our 2 cabs though......:(

Hallelujah the cab is currently being installed at esker hills and it's 30 meters from the front the front door,,, happy days

Hallelujah the cab is currently being installed at esker hills and it's 30 meters from the front the front door,,, happy days

Ba$tard......:P Good stuff. I had heard they had work scheduled in town this week alright but wasn't sure where.

No sign in Ashfield yet?

No sign in Ashfield yet?

Not a stir.

Signed up today for Roscarn. Engineer coming Wednesday. Bit of off topic question Kaizer, but you seem to be knowledgeable in this area. My line speeds dropped from syncing at 12 mbit to 6 mbit over last week. Will this make a difference to fibre or are the lines run to a different exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Signed up today for Roscarn. Engineer coming Wednesday. Bit of off topic question Kaizer, but you seem to be knowledgeable in this area. My line speeds dropped from syncing at 12 mbit to 6 mbit over last week. Will this make a difference to fibre or are the lines run to a different exchange?

Depends where the fault is:
    If its between exchange(this doesnt change) and cab - wont effect fibre
    If its between cab and house - will effect fibre, will need a repair
    If its internal to house (failing phone, bad filter, dodgy monitored alarm) - The new socket should fix it, and if not you'll have to replace whatever device is causing it

ED E is correct.
    My suspicion is something in the house.

Try a bit of troubleshooting yourself to check......
    Restart the modem by unplugging it from the power, leave it a bit and power up again.
    Remove the filter and plug the modem directly into the phone socket without a filter.
    Disconnect all devices from any phone sockets around the house, except for the modem. (Sky boxes, phones, fax machines etc)
    Try a different modem if you have one.

Restart your modem and check your sync speed after each step.

• Advertisement

No sign in Ashfield yet?

Well at long last the KN crew (different than the normal contractor) arrived yesterday and started work. Cab dropped this morning.:D

They put it in an unusual spot. It's down the lane beside the CIE comms cabin, on the town side of the track.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.336412,-8.239252,3a,75y,54.67h,86.32t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1suKWO4W1c-HQRNO0mQtdn-A!2e0?hl=en

Inside the gate in the pic. The copper cab is the other side of the track.

Advertisement