Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 piece baking set argos 2.49€

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Mine won't be in stock until Wednesday, I have a feeling all managers will be alerted to the mistake by then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

lycan238 wrote: »
    have a reservation code for navan to pick up today. wonder what i will come home with. will bring my reservation email print out anyway as proof.

got the two baking trays, the 10 piece set was out of stock (so i was told) not really too bothered about not getting the 10 piece set as i needed the trays anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did anyone notice if the code on the two trays matches the code for the ten items?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Reserved one for Thursday, sure we'll see how it goes.

Did anyone notice if the code on the two trays matches the code for the ten items?

Only two piece set on their website is this, different price and code:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8615576/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen%2Band%2Blaundry%7C14418476/c_2/3%7C19780847%7CCookware%7C14418537/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418537%7CBakeware%7C14418540.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just ordered there to collect on Friday..thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ALS

Honoured my reservation in Pavillions this morning without any hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Reserved for pickup in Jervis on Friday. Will let ye know how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mate in Wex went in this morning and they said that brought out 2 trays and when they questioned it were told it was a mistake online so tough basically.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah sure if it wasn't for mistakes half of us wouldn't be here

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Admldj

Seems to be at the individual managers discretion, but wouldn't hurt to call up some of the pictures of receipts on here on your phone to help back up your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

According to the Argos stock checker there is only 1 left in drogheda and 2 in Wexford. All the other stores in the country are sold out.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=8613626

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Admldj wrote: »
    Seems to be at the individual managers discretion, but wouldn't hurt to call up some of the pictures of receipts on here on your phone to help back up your case.

That would suggest you were fully aware of it and trying to take advantage so would pretty much ensure any discretion went against you.

MYOB wrote: »
    That would suggest you were fully aware of it and trying to take advantage so would pretty much ensure any discretion went against you.

They are still advertising it as a ten piece set at 2.49, a handful of people on here have had it honored (myself included) so why shouldn't anyone else who has reserved the item get the same deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allthatGlitters

I have a reservation code for Castlebar which has to be collected by this evening. If anyone wants it please PM me. I can't make it to Castlebar now.

MYOB wrote: »

If they question you, you can say you thought it was a bargain, not a mistake

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You wouldn't have a collection of other people's receipts then.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Just a reminder that your Argos reservation 692894 at Jervis St. for COOKWORKS OVEN TRAYS will be held until 18:30 on 19-05-14

Can't collect this today do someone else is welcome to it.

Argos checker saying there a few stores with it still. Navan, swords, Killarney, Dundrum and Naas. Still showing as €2.49 for 10 pieces

EDIT: Lots more across the country now. Most stores have them

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lorna16

Just back from naas where they honoured the reservation. It was explained to me by the manager that it was an error. Happy days - thanks op. 😀

• Advertisement

Aalnybody else getting the 10 tins for the €2.49?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

got to say, that I have a problem with this. Its an obvious error on their part. Why keep pushing and still asking for the discount?

This isnt a bargain alert now, its just plain robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

yes, but you would be lying. You know it, I know it and they will know it.

Its poor form.

Its advertised on the website for 2.49 for a 10 piece set, as far as im concerned thats advertising a price, people expecting to pay 2.49 for whats advertised isn't robbery its business and if they cant check an ad before it goes live its there loss and our gain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Its poor form.

Good joke ! We are asking whats advertised. They dont even have common sense to report it and get it removed from the website !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Its poor form.

It's really not.
    Reserved it again to collect by Friday. It's either not a mistake or the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, many opportunities to pull it by now, it's still live.

Our Year wrote: »
    It's really not.
    Reserved it again to collect by Friday. It's either not a mistake or the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, many opportunities to pull it by now, it's still live.

This is my thinking, if it was really mistake and meant to be a 2 piece set, why is the 2 piece set listed at a different price and why haven't the fixed it yet?

As long as the listing is live, I'm going to assume it's not a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭corkmans1

reserved online last night in mahon point and got a bit of a shock when the lady came out with only the 2 piece set so i went to customer service and the lady looked it up there website, she said she would speak with her manager and just came back with the 10 piece in her hand no issues what so ever, must say i was well impressed with my bargain lol. thanks op :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mate has complained to Argos in writing !! She's mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roisinbeag

Argos in Stephens green didn't honor it today :-(
    Girl working there was very nice and apologetic so I didn't even try to push for it :-)

Advertisement