Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest quad core Android Retina Display (2048 x 1536) tablet @ €130 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Yes, let them both play through fully. The Birds video is 23s but the Planet is over a minute, no probs with each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Got mine today and it's working great. Still going through everything to make sure all is working correctly. Playing audio and video no problem.

On the downside, has anyone noticed that there is no options for multiple Users in Settings>Device. I thought this was included as default under Android 4.1 and higher?

If it isn't, a custom ROM will definitely be needed. This feature is a must have for me.

Haven't tried it yet but this might work for multiple users:

http://mlagerberg.com/post/56229890887/no-multiple-user-profiles-on-your-android-4-2-2-yes-we

viking wrote: »

No Root access. Damn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

gr227x wrote: »
    hi jimmycrackcorm , what are the viewing angles like do you think it has an ips screen.
    Thanks
    Perfect. Retina is higher than ips

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

kkelly77 wrote: »
    No Root access. Damn!
    Mine rooted with kingoapp.

H/W is pretty standard enough

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Getting extra cash next week is it as good a deal as it seems?

Mine rooted with kingoapp.

H/W is pretty standard enough

Any problems with the tablet being detected by Kingoapp? Have USB Debugging enabled but no luck getting it detected.

Yep, you probably have windows 8, though the workaround with startup options didnt work for me. I used vroot instead and that worked: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2434453

• Advertisement

viking wrote: »
    Yep, you probably have windows 8, though the woreiyd with startup options didnt work for me. I used vroot instead and that worked: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2434453

I'll try Vroot.

Tried Kingoapp on both a Win 7 and Vista laptops. No tablet detection on either one. Can't seem to find the driver for the tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 martinaoe2

Be careful with Vroot!! Read the whole xda thread! Dodgy software/malware.

Also, having issues finding the drivers. Seems like a good tablet.

Disclaimer: first tablet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Perfect. Retina is higher than ips

What do you mean? IPS displays regularly are of a higher pixel density than Apple's 'Retina Displays' (some of which are, themselves, IPS in nature)....... You can get budget IPS monitors- with similar or better resolutions than some current gen Apple monitors. Retina Display- is Apple Marketing, pure and simple- there are far higher pixel densities, and/or display resolutions out there- than Apple currently produce............ Its good marketing- but thats it, marketing, period.

IPS stands for 'In-Plane-Switching' and is a type of technology- rather than a screen resolution- or the dpi spec of a screen.
    A lot of low priced products- used predominantly have Capacitive screens- a vastly inferior technology to IPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 trelemenele

So i got mine today but there is small glitch. Internet doesn't connect after sleep mode. Wifi is all connected, ip assisgned etc. I have to switch wifi on and off and everything comes back to normal.
    Apart from that it's well worth its price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭horse7

No sign of mine from PM yet,is there a chance they deliver on a saturday?(ordered 19th)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

They do, but you'd most likely have heard about it by now. You can check your queue on their website.

Ta i rang PM,and yes they deliver on a saturday,but they have not got my package yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭Talisman

horse7 wrote: »
    No sign of mine from PM yet,is there a chance they deliver on a saturday?(ordered 19th)
    I ordered mine on the 16th and opted for the express delivery. Received the dispatch notification from Amazon on the 22nd and it arrived at the local Parcel Motel on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭newirishshogun

Mine arrived, took about 10 days, but fantastic piece of kit for the money, recommend buying a case for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldVickers

I ordered mine on 16th (free delivery to UK address) arrived at local Parcel Motel in Bray on 24th. So far I am very impressed, great screen. I am a little disappointed that it cannot be recharged via USB. Screen guard already installed.

• Advertisement

some people are saying they can charge this using a usb port.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Anyone that got one comment on build quality and battery life?

Doesn't charge via USB into the laptop for me.

It does feel like a sturdy, well built tablet. I charged it fully yesterday, used it for about half the day and left it on standby til today. Was down to 70% charge.

horse7 wrote: »
    some people are saying they can charge this using a usb port.
    It doesn't charge via the USB port. I tried it with a cable connected to a computer and also tried the USB charger from another tablet.

brightkane wrote: »
    Anyone that got one comment on build quality and battery life?
    The only physical part of the tablet I have a concern about is the cover for the memory, HDMI and USB slots - it's flimsy at best. I've put the tablet in a case to protect it from the curious fingers of little people which will extend its life expectancy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Doesn't charge via USB into the laptop for me.

Most computer ports only trickle charge devices- its enough to run a memory stick or a very low draw device- but not charge a phone/tablet or other device. Try a dedicated USB charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Having spent a day or two using this tablet over the weekend im pretty unimpressed to be honest. Build quality is good but there is no volume buttons which is very annoying and the home button is on the top of the tablet beside the off button which makes zero sense in my head. What makes it even more annoying is the frequent software problems, apps crash regularly and I also find it very slow and unresponsive which is crazy considering the spec of this thing. I have a galaxy note 2 and that feels like years ahead in terms of speed and useability. Also the wifi range is no where near as far as my phone which is also annoying.
    The tablet also doesnt charge via USB which is also baffling. Has a proprietary dc charger.
    Going to spend today looking for a new rom to install on this and hopefully that fixes a lot of the problems but if I dont find one ill be selling the tablet.
    Just said id give my 2cents for anyone thinking this is a no brainer, my experience has been anything but.

Something like this might solve the charging issue:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Xbox-360-USB-Cable-Charger-Lead-for-Charging-Wireless-Headset-NEW-UK-/180746429255

Delivery to UK only so use Parcel Motel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Having spent a day or two using this tablet over the weekend im pretty unimpressed to be honest. Build quality is good but there is no volume buttons which is very annoying and the home button is on the top of the tablet beside the off button which makes zero sense in my head. What makes it even more annoying is the frequent software problems, apps crash regularly and I also find it very slow and unresponsive which is crazy considering the spec of this thing. I have a galaxy note 2 and that feels like years ahead in terms of speed and useability. Also the wifi range is no where near as far as my phone which is also annoying.
    The tablet also doesnt charge via USB which is also baffling. Has a proprietary dc charger.
    Going to spend today looking for a new rom to install on this and hopefully that fixes a lot of the problems but if I dont find one ill be selling the tablet.
    Just said id give my 2cents for anyone thinking this is a no brainer, my experience has been anything but.

I tried a factory reset and it improved my video playback problems. But was then unable to download apps reliably as most attempts gave error code 960. Existing apps often crashed on launch and anything requiring a connection (incl browser) had frequent issues with dropping connection.

B.E. have offered to refund it, they said they've sold over 800 and never had one returned but I think I might have a dud. Will take the refund, once bitten...

Advertisement