Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimReaper24

huk0bd.jpg
    I heard this song on 4fm yesterday which I thought sounded like Keane. The chorus went something like "Light it up, burn it down" but I can't remember exactly. I've been searching everywhere for it and I don't know why it's so difficult to put a name to! Attached is the approximate tune based on a guitar tab I figured out.
    P.S. It's not Burn It Down by Linkin Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

An old song but at end of the chorus it goes like ..."this is my time this is my life" upbeat kind of song, can't find it google. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

huk0bd.jpg
    I heard this song on 4fm yesterday which I thought sounded like Keane. The chorus went something like "Light it up, burn it down" but I can't remember exactly. I've been searching everywhere for it and I don't know why it's so difficult to put a name to! Attached is the approximate tune based on a guitar tab I figured out.
    P.S. It's not Burn It Down by Linkin Park.

Macklemore Contradiction?
    Doubt that sounds like Keane.

BellX1 One Stringed Harp?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimReaper24

Neeson wrote: »
    Macklemore Contradiction?
    Doubt that sounds like Keane.

BellX1 One Stringed Harp?
    Neither of them I'm afraid, Bell X1 rings a bell though it might be another of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

There's a song that's been in my head for years now & I cannot figure out the artist. I've asked loads of people but no joy. I think it was quite popular back in the 2000s. I've always assumed it was by a band like Killers, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire etc, but that's just a guess. I tried to listening to all of these bands on iTunes, but no joy.

Here's how I'd describe it... sort of a stadium band sound, male vocal, the chorus is the bit that's stuck in my head... I think it's "I'm eighteen, I'm aching" but I could be away off. The song always reminded me a bit of U2's party Girl (similar rhythm / feel).

Any ideas about the songs / artist? It's driving me mad at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

Here's a tough one...

I have a song in my head that I can hum pretty well. It's an upbeat song, and it's an instrumental. The main melody is played by a piano. In my mind it's probably from the 70s or 80s and is very 'easy listening', in a kind of Richard Clayderman way. But it's not a slow love song, it's more upbeat, almost like you'd hear from an ice-cream van. I can't really explain it much more, other than say the notes in the melody are relatively high pitched, and kind of repetative (almost like the lines in the melody are repeating or 'answering' themselves...)

Any ideas?

J.

jasonb wrote: »
    Here's a tough one...

I have a song in my head that I can hum pretty well. It's an upbeat song, and it's an instrumental. The main melody is played by a piano. In my mind it's probably from the 70s or 80s and is very 'easy listening', in a kind of Richard Clayderman way. But it's not a slow love song, it's more upbeat, almost like you'd hear from an ice-cream van. I can't really explain it much more, other than say the notes in the melody are relatively high pitched, and kind of repetative (almost like the lines in the melody are repeating or 'answering' themselves...)

Any ideas?

J.
    Could be one of the tracks off Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells? Eg theme from the Exorcist?

I actually know some of those Tubular Bells albums and it's not from them. The song I'm thinking of is definitely not in the same tone / mood as The Exorcist, but it is a little similaiar in tone / mood to In Dulci Jubilo, in that it's an upbeat, happy song. But In Dulci Jubilo is faster and more 'modern', guitars in it etc., whereas this song is more 'classical', or maybe a classicial pianist playing a popular song, if that makes sense?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Here's a tough one...

Any ideas?

J.
    A long shot but is it something like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Would love an answer!

Right so, I like to listen to music of games, and recently I was listening to this , it from the SNES version of the original Lemmings, and is called Dance of the Four Little Swans, a well known classical tune.

But my question is: at around 16 seconds, there is a bit that was covered/sampled by some modern song but I just can't quite remember!

Anybody know?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

vektarman wrote: »
    A long shot but is it something like this...

I'm afraid that's not it, but thanks a lot for taking the time to post. I think the song only has piano in it, or if there are backing instruments, they're not at the start of the song. It's the kind of song I could imagine ice-skaters or rhythmic gymnists dancing to back in the 80s. Like I said, it's a tough one...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Heard a 'dancy' song at the weekend in a nightclub in dublin. All i remember is that it had the MLK 'I have a dream' speech in the background

Also is there a new song with timbaland and flo rida out? i think it was those 2..

Ok, using an online piano, my mouse to click on the keys, and Sound Recorder to record it all, I've managed to play a *very* rough version of what I think the song in my head sounds like.

Hopefully someone might recognise it?

I had to rename the file from song.wma to song.txt so I could upload it. If you rename it back to song.wma it'll play no problem.

Thanks...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Hey all,

I was just curious to know if anyone could tell me what the name of the song was that RTE were using to promote the Hangover Part 2 which was shown on RTE One at 9.30pm on St Patrick's Day.

The lyrics were "From the east coast to the west." I have tried googling but to no avail. I would appreciate your help.

Many thanks,

uggybear wrote: »
    An old song but at end of the chorus it goes like ..."this is my time this is my life" upbeat kind of song, can't find it google. Thanks!

I assume it's not this, as it was the first one I found on Google:

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    There's a song that's been in my head for years now & I cannot figure out the artist. I've asked loads of people but no joy. I think it was quite popular back in the 2000s. I've always assumed it was by a band like Killers, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire etc, but that's just a guess. I tried to listening to all of these bands on iTunes, but no joy.

Here's how I'd describe it... sort of a stadium band sound, male vocal, the chorus is the bit that's stuck in my head... I think it's "I'm eighteen, I'm aching" but I could be away off. The song always reminded me a bit of U2's party Girl (similar rhythm / feel).

Any ideas about the songs / artist? It's driving me mad at this stage.

Its not The Bucket by Kings of Leon by any chance?

I assume it's not this, as it was the first one I found on Google:

J.

Nope, afraid not. It's to the tune of this:

I'm a little confused, is that the song you're looking for uggybear, or is it just the 'tune' of it?

J.

Fair play, I reckon that's a good shout...

J.

I'm a little confused, is that the song you're looking for uggybear, or is it just the 'tune' of it?

J.

Sorry about that, was a little confused myself. That's the right song I embedded, it's called Balcony TV by Niall Boyle, Thanks anyway 👍

• Advertisement

Here's a tough one...

Any ideas?

J.

Well, thanks to a friend of mine for sneakily taking the recording I made and sending it in to Fix It Friday on Today FM, and also thanks to the listeners of Today FM, I now know what the song is! It's 'Music Box Dancer' by Frank Mills, and you can listen to it here:

Delighted to finally know it, but mortified from being on the radio twice, just to find it out! :)

J

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭alexv

Anyone know the song on this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jidxtgW59U

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jenesaispas

apc wrote: »
    Hi I have been try with out success to find the song that has the first line

"i speak my mind and i dont care, i express myself with a devils stare, i tell you i'm no angel"

I have tried all the lyric search engines and google to no avail.
    Any help would be appreciated as its driving me a little nuts:)

Hi everyone, I think this is the song you searching for.

I just created an account on boards.ie to share it with you

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsn4iYBBHQ4

Fair play, I reckon that's a good shout...

J.

That's it! Thanks a million. That's been driving me mad for years. Fair play for figuring that out from my vague description of the song. :) I've Googled it many times, but never managed to work it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

alexv wrote: »
    Anyone know the song on this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jidxtgW59U

Temples - Shelter Song

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know the song in the first 17 seconds of this? Reminds me a bit of Bon Iver (but don't think it is).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JH2yuajfBg

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Anyone know the song to go with this video ? It was on a uk chart show

It goes through the numbers of all the things that happened during a relationship/lifetime
    eg " 24 hamburgers" " 10 trips abroad "

I thought it was magix or something but I can't remember

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Rockin wrote: »
    Anyone know the song to go with this video ? It was on a uk chart show

It goes through the numbers of all the things that happened during a relationship/lifetime
    eg " 24 hamburgers" " 10 trips abroad "

I thought it was magix or something but I can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone know the song in this vine?

https://vine.co/v/hpJdTDAupQV

Advertisement