Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spellbooks that work?

Options
  • 08-01-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

What are some spellbooks that really work?

They ones I know of are:

The Key of Solomon the King
    Summoning Spirits: The Art of Magical Evocation
    Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King
    Necronomicon Spellbook

What are others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Zico

Konnells worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 theselongdays

What is Konnells?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Moe82

I have heard that Cassandra Eason's book is good, not sure though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I've a magic spell cook book from school. Never used it though because we had no rice crispies left.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Happyhunter

has this been posted in the wrong forum??

Waiting for the punchline...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,200 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hi,

What are some spellbooks that really work?

They ones I know of are:

The Key of Solomon the King
    Summoning Spirits: The Art of Magical Evocation
    Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King
    Necronomicon Spellbook

What are others?

OP, did you cast spells yourself from these books? Which ones and what was the result?

Hi,

Yes I used them all, with the Necronomicon Spellbook the results were outstanding but be careful because it has the power to ruin your life just as much as change it. After all we are dealing with entities here. There are 7 or 8 extremely powerful books that work. Yes to the sceptics spell books very much exist. These books are to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Hi,

Yes I used them all, with the Necronomicon Spellbook the results were outstanding but be careful because it has the power to ruin your life just as much as change it. After all we are dealing with entities here. There are 7 or 8 extremely powerful books that work. Yes to the sceptics spell books very much exist. These books are to be taken seriously.

I think you are either deluded or a fraud trying to make money (or you're having a laugh), either way, if you want to prove me wrong then I volunteer myself as a subject for you to prove your claims.

Do your worst (I will return and let you all know what it's like to be a frog).

Bw

You are here in the paranormal thread and you don't believe in this sort of thing??

I'd researched some of the books after finding this thread and the reviews were outright creepy as hell.

• Advertisement

You are here in the paranormal thread and you don't believe in this sort of thing??

Yes, this is a public discussion forum, or have the rules changed?

I state that no matter which book the OP purchases, none will work as a spell book. The may work in other ways such as self motivation through a belief that something will happen, similar to a placebo.
    If that is the case then you cannot claim that they work as spell books. In fact, it is damaging to some people for them to be led to believe in such things.

I'm still not a frog.

I wonder what trials I will have to endure when I wake in the morning or is this too short a timeframe for the full frog conversion to take place.

There are far worse fates than turning into a frog!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Yes, this is a public discussion forum, or have the rules changed?

Have you read the rules? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=153084 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Yes I have read the rules and I am simply stating in response to the OP's request for a spellbook that work that no such book exists despite what other posters may claim.

Bw

ps, still not a frog or anything worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Yes I have read the rules and I am simply stating in response to the OP's request for a spellbook that work that no such book exists despite what other posters may claim.

Bw

ps, still not a frog or anything worse.

As much as Im not a believer in spellbooks, the fact you can categorically deny such things exist, without ever bothering your arse to check if any do, is pretty ironic. Maybe Im wrong though - maybe you have research to back up your talk. Somehow I doubt it.

I am not ignorant of the facts.

I have an interest in reading and have read extensively on many subjects. How do you know I haven't bothered my arse? That is an insult and I expect the mods to give you the same warning as I received.

Just because I am not taken in by these claims does not mean I am ignorant, it means exactly the opposite in fact.

The burden of proof lies with the people making these claims, not those that don't believe them.

I don't believe in many things that have no solid, peer reviewed and repeatable evidence.

Have you ever heard of the Amazing Randi? Perhaps you should bother your arse to check him out.

Less of the insults in future please.

Bw

Did I call you ignorant? The burden of proof lies with those making claims. You claim its all bull****.

If someone claims these things are true and want to be taken seriously then yes, they should try and back up their claim. if someone says the opposite (ie you) then they too should follow the same rules.

the amazing randi - oh aye, him. Yeah, he's a God alright. Everything he says is true. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

maccored wrote: »
    The burden of proof lies with those making claims. You claim its all bull****.

A greater burden of proof lies with those asserting that spells work.
    The negative assertion, that they don't work, has evidence of absence in so far as spells have never been shown to work under experimental conditions.

Although I think what Bogwoppit was objecting to was that idea that anyone posting in the Paranormal forum ought to believe in spells and magic (do these even fall under the heading of paranormal?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

On a serious not are we allowed to question things on this sub-board? I always thought that was a bit strange on an online discussion forum that any attempt to dis prove spell books etc. immediately results in infractions and/or bans. So can we have an actual discussion or not mods?

Im only pointing out the irregularities. One said says something, otherside says 'bollocks' with no explanation needed. Sounds a bit crap to me.

Face1990 - i dont believe in spells or spell books - doesnt get away from the fact that as far as the paranormal goes, we all know nothing. The more cynical dont actually know anymore than those who believe in it and to be frank, posts that basically slag something off because the poster doesnt believe in it shouldnt be encouraged.

On a serious not are we allowed to question things on this sub-board? I always thought that was a bit strange on an online discussion forum that any attempt to dis prove spell books etc. immediately results in infractions and/or bans. So can we have an actual discussion or not mods?

I'd love to see some discussion - I thought thats what the skeptics forum was for. Unfortunately it ends up with one-upmanship instead with people who believe in the paranormal being called various things along the lines of naive and stupid. Discussion requires research and knowledge. I havent found a cynical observer on here who has either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Its unfortunate that the discussions always descend into bickering. I'm definitely a skeptic but I would like to know the reasoning behind other people's beliefs. I don't think the internet is mature enough for that level of discussion though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Someone cast a spell and film/document the results?

Is that asking so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

My understanding of spells/spellbooks/Wicca, based on what I've read (which is, arguably, probably more than the layby person), is that it isn't so much a case of the spells/spellbooks holding the power (to change something, or manifest something new), but it's the spellcaster/person themselves who does.

The spells/spellbooks (and listed ingredients and other requirements, e.g. must cast spell on night of a new moon, therein) are merely tools through which to direct powerful, sustained concentration and will/intent, and harness the power of nature responsibly and ethically.

More often than not, it seems that spell-casting or Wicca encourages people to work with nature to give people what they need (as opposed to what they want) at the right time, i.e. not always immediately and on demand. It's also apparent that the very nature of the practice, when it's used responsibly, is not to encourage people to depend on 'The Craft' unhealthily, but to encourage people to be more self-empowered and proactive in their own lives.

But getting back to the OP's initial query/request - take a look at this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Wiccan-Book-Shadows/dp/1907563644 Seems to be well-written and sensible enough (as sensible as these things go, that is...). :)

Phoenix wrote: »
    Care to give any links of said reviews?

Sorry only seen this now. I just googled the names in the OP and you won't be short on finding sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Have the Necronomicon Spellbook sitting on my bookshelf. Will document my results in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ryanciara

Have you worked with it yet??

Advertisement