Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D Bryan v Trips at Mania

Options
  • 03-02-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭

So this is quite likely now, especially with Punk gone who else can Trips face? Nobody needs to see another Trips v Orton Mania match do they?:eek:

Anyways if it happens who will win? I want it to be Bryan as their is no reason for Trips to but I don't trust the man.

confused.com:confused:

over to ye lads.

trips v Bryan who will win at Mania? 7 votes

triple h
    0%
    Bryan
    100%
    wintearRjd2happyoutscanwaltersobchaktakamichinokuLoughcThe Ayatolla 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,984 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No HHH match at Mania sounds even better to me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bryan
    CSF wrote: »
    No HHH match at Mania sounds even better to me

Yeah wouldn't bother me not to see him either, but he is going to have one I reckon. Can't see who else at the moment it would make sense for him to face really.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,440 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bryan deserves a big WM moment and hopefully HHH puts him over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the moment Bryan found out about this match.

bryannolnekf.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bryan
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bryan deserves a big WM moment and hopefully HHH puts him over

Hehe I lol'd

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Hehe I lol'd

It is best for business plus then Bryan gets a title shot at Extreme Rules :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Bryan
    Hunter to win with the sledgehammer, claiming the heat will make Danielson's win in the rematch at Backlash a much bigger deal than the win at mania ever could've been.

Alternatively, Danielson gets beat for 10 minutes, locks in a flukey lock like a roll up and gets a win.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bryan
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It is best for business plus then Bryan gets a title shot at Extreme Rules :p

A triple threat match featuring Christian for one more match.

A triple threat match featuring Christian for one more match.

Even better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Am I the only one looking forward to it. No matter what Bret says, Trips can go in the ring and I think this would be a great match. Depending who Taker is paired with, this would potentially be match of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If the match happens then HHH loses. Like he tends to do in this type of match. He will want to be the man who is supposedly remembered for finally putting Bryan over the top into stardom.

I still see Bryan closing out Mania with 50000+ YES's after winning the title though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Why do all of Bryan's booking plans involve him doing something other than winning the title?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Why do all of Bryan's booking plans involve him doing something other than winning the title?

Well he did win it twice already

Ah no, it's been mentioned before, the chase is more suited to how WWE see him as an underdog. As a face champion they probably think he would struggle to hold people's interest if he is still overcoming the odds while champion.

IMO, while chasing a win over many of the top guys, he pops the crowd and excites fans watching on tv as much for the surprise element that he actually won as it is because they are fans of D Bryan. Not sure that works for a Champion.

His WHC run was great thanks to him being a heel and retaining thanks to luck, being cute etc suited it.

They could probably get some good out if him going against Triple H's hand picked opponents for a few months though. Maybe taking on a bit of an Eddie Guerrero type role where he can escape and use smarts to get out of really bad situations where triple h sets him up to fail. Keep him strong by winning matches clean when crazy stipulations are not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bryan

what other match is their for Trips if Punk is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

HHH matches are boring as sin. He even ruined matches with Lesnar. Just awful.

Bryan

Bryan will be nowhere near a title match at WM he will be battling HHH. Raw last night confirms that almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Bryan will be nowhere near a title match at WM he will be battling HHH. Raw last night confirms that almost.

It almost confirms the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

Should have been Bryan vs Triple H in the first place.

Would like HHH to walk out of the chamber with the belt for a month though.

Bryan
    It almost confirms the opposite.

Really?? Because the way I see it; RAW SPOILER;
    getting the win over Orton usually means at the PPV Orton will come out on top and with Kane getting involved also shows, Bryan is taking over from Punk's role which was leading to a HHH match at WM

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Rjd2 wrote: »
    what other match is their for Trips if Punk is gone?
    vs. Undertaker; streak vs. retirement and will never happen again*

*Until next WM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Really?? Because the way I see it; RAW SPOILER;
    getting the win over Orton usually means at the PPV Orton will come out on top and with Kane getting involved also shows, Bryan is taking over from Punk's role which was leading to a HHH match at WM
    Well it just seems logically Bryan just beat the champion, therefore he deserves a title shot. If he had lost by Trippers interfering then I'd see your point.

Bryan
    Well it just seems logically Bryan just beat the champion, therefore he deserves a title shot. If he had lost by Trippers interfering then I'd see your point.

But do you not think by having Kane interfere was a nod that Kane will interfere in the EC match costing Bryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

He's getting a title shot at Elimination Chamber.

Where's Kofi's title shot?

*Emma dance*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It all depends on what kind of mood Triple H is in. Bryan should win, but he also should have left Summerslam as Champion. He also should have won the Royal Rumble. WWE dont think like a normal person does. They seem to be of the mindset that giving the people the opposite of what they want will get them more interested which just isnt true. Due to that, I could see Triple H winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

bryans better without the belt at this stage, it gives fans something to aim for and means wwe can't book him to lose consistently on tv. if 6'4 240lb orton is jobbing to kofi on tv as champion can you imagine how vince would book a 5'7 200lb wwe champion

rossie1977 wrote: »
    bryans better without the belt at this stage, it gives fans something to aim for and means wwe can't book him to lose consistently on tv. if 6'4 240lb orton is jobbing to kofi on tv as champion can you imagine how vince would book a 5'7 200lb wwe champion

Bryan is at the peak of his popularity. If he doesnt win the title soon, it will all go to waste. It would be like WWE deciding not to put the title on Austin when he was at his hottest.

bryans been popular with the live crowd for 2 years now, i don't think this is a situation where the crowd will just give up on him

Samoa Joe. He was the hottest thing in wrestling but TNA kept holding off on giving him the title. People stopped caring eventually. The same will happen to Bryan if they dont pull the trigger.

samoa joe was a situation where the streak was over much more than the wrestler (same with goldberg and ryback)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,984 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Samoa Joe. He was the hottest thing in wrestling but TNA kept holding off on giving him the title. People stopped caring eventually. The same will happen to Bryan if they dont pull the trigger.
    This. If Bryan isn't the title match at Mania I'm not buying it, and therefore not buying the WWE Network (are we able to buy it here?). Batista vs Orton, Bryan vs HHH and Cena vs Wyatt just does not interest me in the slightest.

Advertisement