Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Grimebox wrote: »
    Leinster is up to its fourth "Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread". Munster is only on its third (Ulster/Connact on first lol). Checkmate Munster fans, Leinster are clearly better.

Must be all that transfer gossip..oooh :eek:

• Administrators Posts: 53,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    Interesting enough but the poster demo-graph here would definitely mirror the provincial success, I remember a few years back when Munster were winning Heineken cups there was mostly Munster fans posting here, then of course in the last few years it's been Leinster fans, and next year naturally it'll be mostly.... Connacht fans.

Sorry Awec. ;)

Quality over quantity.

We are the chosen few.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'm assuming your using Wordpress.com rather than Wordpress.org? The Suits theme (which is a new free one) seems pretty decent. It's a straight forward theme and easy to read from the looks of it. The Twenty Eleven theme is similar.

I am using wordpress.com, yes. After looking at it again today, I've opted for Bold Life for a while, it's fairly simple but easy to navigate.

As for my header problem, I asked a friend of mine for help and he managed to provide it... I was too ashamed to show anyone else my attempts :pac:

It still looks amateurish enough, I'm not really cut out for making things look good... all I know how to do is write :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Yeah it's hard to believe the Ulster team talk thread is three years old.

I imagine the daily visitor distribution here must be something like 50% Leinster, 30% Munster, 10% Ulster, 5% Connacht, 5% Neutral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Yeah it's hard to believe the Ulster team talk thread is three years old.

I imagine the daily visitor distribution here must be something like 50% Leinster, 30% Munster, 10% Ulster, 5% Connacht, 5% Neutral
    Same as the Munster thread so! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I am using wordpress.com, yes. After looking at it again today, I've opted for Bold Life for a while, it's fairly simple but easy to navigate.

As for my header problem, I asked a friend of mine for help and he managed to provide it... I was too ashamed to show anyone else my attempts :pac:

It still looks amateurish enough, I'm not really cut out for making things look good... all I know how to do is write :p

That's the main thing though. Muck around with it for a bit and you'll settle on what you want. I didn't find wordpress the best when it comes to learning it. A lot of the stuff I just figured out from messing about and trial and error. Things like how to do pull quotes etc isn't exactly obvious.

awec wrote: »
    Quality over quantity.

We are the chosen few.

Go choose some others!

Could do with a few more posters of the Ulsterian persuasion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

What the absolute **** >_<

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Whoop whoop. Boss decided we should call it a day at that. T-20 mins til weekend beers.

Also the weather here is just weird at the moment. I've seen summer days in Ireland less pleasant than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

dregin wrote: »

:eek: :confused::o:):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

The new music on the sky menu is driving me nuts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

8 of 6% Jack Slatterys Cider for 10e, well this is going to be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Also the weather here is just weird at the moment. I've seen summer days in Ireland less pleasant than this.

Disarmingly mild. I'm waiting for a bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Anyone know any Irish pubs in Seattle that will show the Munster game tomorrow (clashes with prem league so bit tricky for expats, outnumbered by EPL fans)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

There is some bloody good American Football on at the moment...

(sorry lads, season almost over!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Don't you dare apologise.

There's enough waffle about soccer on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I know that this is an off topic thread but here's a question that has been bugging me for a while, and i can't be arsed opening a thread for it......

When was the last time a conversion was charged down?

DOC against Argentina to ensure Ireland beat em by the record margin?

It was the last kick of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

So anyone watch Sherlock? Unbelievable.

• Advertisement

Teferi wrote: »
    So anyone watch Sherlock? Unbelievable.

Yep, the Irish girl is quite hawt!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,926 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Many many gorgeous Irish cailíns doing well on UK telly at the moment. Yer wan from Merlin, Angela Scanlon, Sherlock wan, and that comedienne Aisling Bea (O'Sullivan), shes savage, funny and cute out.

However more importantly...

w84k4k.jpg

Whaddya mean theres no rugby on the weekend of the 24th/25th/26th???!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭OldRio

2nd Feb is a biggie. Ireland v Scotland at 3.00pm then the Super Bowl at about 11.30 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Well, after all that, I'm expecting a spike in Ireland's birthrate about 9 months down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

We are back! That was more painful then I'd care to admit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I have a stupid question after watching Leinster Castres last Sunday

It either looked like there was a stripe on the backside of the Castres players shorts in the middle, or that they were wearing a harness?

Is it just weird shorts design?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Blast all of you who thanked the mods in their private playground thread.

I'm going to be up half the night trolling and trying to make sure they earn their vast Boards.ie salaries.

• Administrators Posts: 53,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Buer wrote: »
    Blast all of you who thanked the mods in their private playground thread.

I'm going to be up half the night trolling and trying to make sure they earn their vast Boards.ie salaries.
    Careful, none of us have hit our ban quota for the day yet...

awec wrote: »
    Careful, none of us have hit our ban quota for the day yet...

Let me be the first to say feck you & the horse you rode in on, ya harp/paintstripper drinking git...................that's probably 3 days worth right there! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just watched the first episode of True Detective, very good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement