Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Place for a date - drinks

Options
  • 06-01-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Looking for a place for a date in dublin, few drinks. somewhere quite where they'll take your order and the tables aren't crapped up together. for 1st, 2nd dates

any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The Bank on Dame Street is a good one. Also a little off the beaten track but great midweek for a date is Quay 14 in the Morrison Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 metrobro

the bank looks perfect thanks allot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Passenger

Market Bar maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Buskers near Temple bar is a lovely spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

The church on mary st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Its not cheap but The Liquor Rooms beside The Clarence is good. Crow Bar beside the Button Factory too, if there is no gig on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Library Bar.

You're welcome mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 metrobro

all great places lads thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Downstairs in Fallon & Byrne can be nice, only wine on sale.

The Exchequer Bar just across from it is also nice.

I wouldn't have thought the Market Bar would be good myself, the tables are very close together and it can get very noisy with the way it's designed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

VCC
    /thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

VCC
    /thread

Are their bouncers not, sometimes, a bit selective? Could be scarlet-inducing if refused to a date venue? Also, expensive.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Are their bouncers not, sometimes, a bit selective? Could be scarlet-inducing if refused to a date venue? Also, expensive.

its 10e a cocktail... standard for a decent coctail in dublin, and you can book a table in advance... dress like you are on a date and not robbing push bikes and you wont have any problems. I've stumbled in there at 2am and not a porblem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Its not cheap but The Liquor Rooms beside The Clarence is good. Crow Bar beside the Button Factory too, if there is no gig on

Is the Crow Bar that place that used to be a coffee shop or where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

VCC is overrated imo.

Try Samsara or Harry's for cocktails. Avoid Capitol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Is the Crow Bar that place that used to be a coffee shop or where is it?

Its on the corner of that curved side street in front of The Button Factory; halfway between The Mezz and The Temple Bar. Lots of craft beers, good cocktails and good music

cson wrote: »
    VCC is overrated imo.

Try Samsara or Harry's for cocktails. Avoid Capitol.

Samsara gets awful busy, VCC is always quiet and plenty of space, much better for a date and Harrys... on a date???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone know what Crow Bar is like on a Saturday evening for a date? Packed, etc...?

Anyone know what Crow Bar is like on a Saturday evening for a date? Packed, etc...?

Always seems to have a decent crowd alright.

The Hapenny Pub on the quays has good cheap comedy nights

Slattsy wrote: »
    Always seems to have a decent crowd alright.

Hassle of that tbh, Saturday evening was probably a bad idea. Sunday evening seems by far the best for going for drinks.

• Advertisement

Hassle of that tbh, Saturday evening was probably a bad idea. Sunday evening seems by far the best for going for drinks.

The trick on a first date is to go a place where you can actually converse and listen to the dolly. Not somewhere thats packed (worried about getting seats/too cramped/que for bar and all that)

Thats why The Library is class for a first date if you're not going for dinner, and chances are she's never been there. Its a cool spot.

The trick on a first date is to go a place where you can actually converse and listen to the dolly. Not somewhere thats packed (worried about getting seats/too cramped/que for bar and all that)

Thats why The Library is class for a first date if you're not going for dinner, and chances are she's never been there. Its a cool spot.

Onto the 3rd date ;), just taking it handy though. 1st was a disastrous, forgot all the rugby was on, 2nd was perfect (Sunday evening/night = most place dead) now just trying to pick somewhere for drinks for the 3rd. Library Bar isn't the type of place for us, hence why I've personally dismissed it and was looking for other options.

Onto the 3rd date ;), just taking it handy though. 1st was a disastrous, forgot all the rugby was on, 2nd was perfect (Sunday evening/night = most place dead) now just trying to pick somewhere for drinks for the 3rd. Library Bar isn't the type of place for us, hence why I've personally dismissed it and was looking for other options.

Are you too good for The Library Bar or what ;)

What day is the 3rd date, i'll be able to help you if i know this.

Are you too good for The Library Bar or what ;)

What day is the 3rd date, i'll be able to help you if i know this.

Library Bar is too good for us South Inner City folk (She's Blanch so definitely out of our reach :) ).

Saturday evening. Young 20's, somewhere that has decent cocktails and a decent pint would help but I'd drink anything and ideally some tunes in the background.

Library Bar is too good for us South Inner City folk (She's Blanch so definitely out of our reach :) ).

Saturday evening. Young 20's, somewhere that has decent cocktails and a decent pint would help but I'd drink anything and ideally some tunes in the background.

She's from Blanch? Bring her to The Greyhound :D

The Workmans Club (if you're not too anti-hipster)
    Solas/The Bailey(surprisingly enough)/The Exchequer
    or
    head up Baggot Street direction for the Baggot Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've never been, but VCC sounds good. Cocktails are always a good converstation piece, bit of fun ordering them and tasting each others.
    Nice side effect of getting shítfaced too

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've never been, but VCC sounds good. Cocktails are always a good converstation piece, bit of fun ordering them and tasting each others.
    Nice side effect of getting shítfaced too

they are monster strong, you can email and get a table booked, half is reservation only. Its got very good food too, unusual stuff. You can request near the bar to see them being made and they go through the drinks with you. They say you are limited to 2 hours but I've always been able to stay later. Opens til all hours too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Might have to take the wife there, she loves cocktails.

If it was summer, upstairs in the marker hotel is a great place for cocktails too. Amazing views from the rooftop bar and good cocktails too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Solas is actually a great shout.

• Advertisement

How busy does Solas get on a Saturday? Haven't been there in ages.

Advertisement