Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's see your Christmas Trees 2013! **No quoting photos: Mod note in Post 1**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Just made a start on it - trying to decide whether to do tinsel this year and still debating whether to throw some more lights on it

DSC_1831.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

here's mine in the daylight no lights on, captures the colours better I think! :)

hpqEhVA.jpg?2

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Some lovely Christmas Tree specimens there everyone, well done :cool:

Here is the tree we have at reception in the office :)
    DSC_0093_zpsd7a8e85f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Here's our tree

2ANqePp.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

.....And, now it feels like Christmas
    (Maybe a mod could embed, I'm sorry I still don't know how...)

agiZUbh.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

heres the start of our Christmas madness! the tree is up! still abit of tweeking but getting there....the rest well be up tonight/tomorrow. Oh how I looove christmas!

A8AUhe2l.jpg

TVmAht8l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishGaz

Here is our tree with special glasses. Look closly to what the lights say. And the tree without them to follow.

Nd9XWvs.jpg?1

:)

qXWsyKL.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I don't get it, what do the lights say?

They say NOEL NOEL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

yiVIZ69l.jpg

XZL1ZShl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

My mams tree (decorated by me) is first pic,and then my tree is the second one.

WYKgicX.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

This one is my mams.

h7nPBiP.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

It's a biatch to put up and no matter what I do to it it's lopsided as bejaney but mrs dodger has done a fine job of making it pretty

1452483_10152039474450189_656425606_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

'Tis perfect salad dodger, and the angels wings looks like she's about to take off! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tree! We had to make a mad dash to Dunnes when we decided that we didn't have enough lights but it's up and it's making me very happy. There are reindeer lights on the fireplace but you can't see them properly.

bkb5.jpg

0xjb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Our cat knocked down the tree earlier. She is able to get branches out of their places, I have no idea how, it's impossible to get them in, thought opposable thumbs were necessary, apparently not!

BBBBBAAAAAADDDDD CAT!! I am terrified when mine goes up tomorrow (finally. Damn you flu!) of the three cats which speaks for itself, the terrier who will trample ALL over the traintrack and eat any bauble (even glass!) the cats or big dog knock down and the big dog who's tail does a mental sweep and can take half the tree in one fell swoop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Our dog doesn't even seem to notice the tree, never has, even when she was a destructive 5 month old puppy. One cat just sits under it and stares at the lights, the other cat runs around underneath, breaks baubles, steals baubles and rolls them down the hall and under the couch, chews the beads and drags on them, climbs it and clearly disassembles the branches :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

'Tis perfect salad dodger, and the angels wings looks like she's about to take off! :-)

So would you if you had Christmas tree up your botty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

lV8Hh88.jpg?1

This years effort... Pickle the cat clearly wrecked after all the helping out he did!

Also have a village type thing but put the pic in the Christmas Village thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Behold your noodly overlord...

283630.jpg

283685.jpg

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^whats with the spider??

is this a new trend or discrimination against fairys??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^whats with the spider??

is this a new trend or discrimination against fairys??

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I know I like all the posts but they're like babies, I love them all, even the dog ugly ones!!

So I finally got my window done and tree up. I may take a pic of the window tomorrow cos I ain't hobblin outside now to do it.

This is ma tree:

2013-12-08220005_zpsece24221.jpg

(just realized I have chopped the poor angel out of the pic, just. Well in my defense it is a 7ft tree and my living room is too small to get anywhere to stand back far enough)

then I was flickin thru the pix on my phone when I copped this one with my Jade in:

b8ab14d8-8f69-4146-a998-27e75d3ee077_zps31cad5c7.jpg

then I flicked onto the next photo and saw THIS pic of Jade!!!! thought it was funny:

8d9a87c2-61dc-4a52-b9c5-4beed57c893c_zps6f9ff5eb.jpg

Decided not to put any tinsel on the tree this year. A, it didn't really need it and B, Jade eats it so...

Now I wonder how long it'l take the dog to break up the train track/eat a bauble etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I can't remember if it was the 2012 or 2013 christmas tree thread but does anyone remember there being a load of pics of lovely trees and then someone put up a pic of a mangled tree? It was hilarious and I think it got close to being post of the day. I was trying to find it for the laugh!

Our tree is going up tonight or tomorrow! Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

We put up our tree yesterday evening, and watched Christmas Vacation :D

936783_10151729865610916_334621842_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I've always wanted to post in this thread but can never get a right photo of my tree. Got a new camera this year so can finally join in!
    By co-incidence this is the first year mrs Redspot picked our tree, hence it's about half the size as usual:(

IMG_1187_Small.jpg

IMG_1188_Small.jpg

IMG_1192_Small.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

H68usWI.jpg?2
    Our tree 7ft, wife brought from Australia. Filled with Disney character decorations, we have an angel for top but she prefers the reindeers as a topper

gs4F9yc.jpg?2

oq70ST1.jpg?2

Advertisement