Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Loads of harmless flirting going on between Sarah Jane and Dermot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭islanderre

Most enjoyable 'Room To Improve' yet......... Sarah Jane made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

my dream home......its sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭cml387

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Loads of harmless flirting going on between Sarah Jane and Dermot :D
    I think I'm a bit in love with SJ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Love the finished product, it's gorgeous. Best of luck to the pair of them in their new home.

• Advertisement

cml387 wrote: »
    I think I'm a bit in love with SJ
    I don't blame you, she's pretty and has a great personality to go with it. I doubt she'll be single for too long after this programme.

It's nice to see a client can get their way (get Dermot to stay within budget) without losing the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's a lovely house best if luck to Sarah Jane and her Mam :)

Ohh next week looks interesting !

See ya'll same time next week folks

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That was a brilliant episode. I want Sarah Jane to be my friend.

• Advertisement

i assume Dermot does this for free for the people doing the build and they'd get alot of things for free also?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Funniest Room to Improve in a long time. :D
    Would be interested to know how much it costs to heat those houses with so much glass in them. Although I think they said the glass was triple glazed. The glass itself must have been fairly pricey.......unless Catherine got it on ebay. :pac:

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Funniest Room to Improve in a long time. :D
    Would be interested to know how much it costs to heat those houses with so much glass in them. Although I think they said the glass was triple glazed. The glass itself must have been fairly pricey.......unless Catherine got it on ebay. :pac:

it came in 7k over budget/extra so that in itself tells you how much they windows cost!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That Sarah Jane was a gas ticket.

€35k the windows cost in total if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Good episode all right, seems to be the same 2 or 3 builders that do all the houses I think, I remember that guy from previous series.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭useless

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I want to move into that house in Wexford.

http://aof.ie/projects/specific/fethard

Pretty spectacular site. Fabulous looking house. I imagine it cost an absolute fortune to build...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I thought there was an echo in that Wexford house when they were filming inside of it. That gave me the impression it was cold & empty? While it looks impressive, it really did not look homely to me.

I'd say there was some amount of corners in that house. The location looks wonderful but imagine that many windows on a stormy night?
    Personally, that house wouldn't have been my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Amazing that they always seem to be able to find 20 or 30 k extra when at the beginning there is a max amount of say like last night 260 k and it came to 309 k.

Twas a bit different when I was building me own house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just watched it on the player,very good programme,great banter between mother and daughter.

Dermot loves his doors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Dermot loves his doors :)
    For sure! Just how many doors did that house end up having. Really weird having an external door in a bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭blondie29

Really enjoyed that episode..Sarah Jane was mighty craic well able for Dermot! She seemed like lovely girl & her mum too.

Genuinely wish them well in their new home..my dad isn't around anymore I was in tears watching it know exactly what they going through :-(

Would love love love that house!

Programme Two - Clane
    When Dublin born Eilín O'Carroll and her South African husband David Pansegrouw returned from the UK to live in Ireland - they couldn't have picked a better time.

With property prices bottomed out, they bought the austere Firmount House near Clane - complete with an adjoining, long-abandoned 1930s property called the Doctor's House, which they want to refurbish and move into with their 3 year-old identical twin sons.

With the unrelenting pressure of a tiny budget, a totally unrealistic schedule and two headstrong clients who want to manage the entire project themselves while holding down full time jobs, this is Dermot's most challenging and frustrating build to date.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/roomtoimprove/this_week.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Oh crap I'm wreaked but cannot miss this tonight :)

Chat later !

Good Evening Everyone!

This looks like a very interesting project, I love the look of the house.

Ah Dermot got a new jacket :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh good luck! This is a project and a half.

amdublin wrote: »
    Oh good luck! This is a project and a half.
    It is a money pit!

This property would suit a builder who could do a lot of the work himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Looks like it could be an interesting one this week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement