Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Work Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pben

xgwishyx wrote: »
    See here for info - http://www.water.ie/about-us/jobs/ - best of luck :)

Sent my CV in totally blind on this one don't have clue what jobs they have, but have got an auto reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Anyone see of any pubs advertising for jobs around the city?

garv123 wrote: »
    Anyone see of any pubs advertising for jobs around the city?

Smyths are always looking. Wouldn't reccomend it judging by previous comments in this forum though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Curious as to whether anyone heard from HMV since they said they'd be in contact within two weeks?

Wanna know whether to stop checking the e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Curious as to whether anyone heard from HMV since they said they'd be in contact within two weeks?

Heard on the grapevine they have everyone they need

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    Heard on the grapevine they have everyone they need

how long ago was that?
    sent put an e-mail 2 weeks ago saying they'd be in touch about interviesw but nothing heard since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

ya I was the same heard that 6weeks ago got a call today offering me a Christmas contract told them no I wasn't leaving my full time job for a temporary job but thanks anyway ring excel recuirtment ill mail you the name of the girl and number if u want?

ya I was the same heard that 6weeks ago got a call today offering me a Christmas contract told them no I wasn't leaving my full time job for a temporary job but thanks anyway ring excel recuirtment ill mail you the name of the girl and number if u want?

Got same call today, they really have to work on timing..
    Apparently all staff getting a contract until Christmas & seeing them.

Got same call today, they really have to work on timing..
    Apparently all staff getting a contract until Christmas & seeing them.

ya I know its very late timing opening the 22nd or summit did u accept the job??

ya I know its very late timing opening the 22nd or summit did u accept the job??

Meeting manager tomorrow in town, will know full story then :)

• Advertisement

Meeting manager tomorrow in town, will know full story then :)
    hey howd u get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Did anyone that had an interview with Penney's hear back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

alroley wrote: »
    Did anyone that had an interview with Penney's hear back yet?

Interview? :|

Thats me gone so :P Thought it might of been a bit longer since it's Christmas work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

TheGunns wrote: »
    Interview? :|

Thats me gone so :P Thought it might of been a bit longer since it's Christmas work

I had an interview 2 weeks ago, they said they'd be interviewing for a few weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

Anyone know of any jobs round limerick. Preferably in town or in the crescent. Can't drive so I'm limited by where the bus can take me :D every thing I've seen seems to require some form of expereince. In 2nd year in UL but honestly having thoughts of leaving it because its just not working out. Ideally I'd like to know I might have a job before I make that decision final. At the moment the only time I am available for work is weekends because of the way my schedule is layed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Don't want to be a smart arse, but are you sure you're not living in 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pokethebear

coolguyrko wrote: »
    Anyone know of any jobs round limerick. Preferably in town or in the crescent. Can't drive so I'm limited by where the bus can take me :D every thing I've seen seems to require some form of expereince. In 2nd year in UL but honestly having thoughts of leaving it because its just not working out. Ideally I'd like to know I might have a job before I make that decision final. At the moment the only time I am available for work is weekends because of the way my schedule is layed out.
    @coolguyrko, If you leave University you will look back and regret it. If you don't like your course, change modules, course or faculty. You can see how hard it is to get work, what will it be like without a qualification? You have this great opportunity, use it. Hang on in there if you can afford to, you will be working long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Made that mistake Ollie, you managed 6 years in the crap hole we went to you can last the years in UL. (Yes I still recognise the name :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 23,749 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Snipe wrote: »
    Made that mistake Ollie, you managed 6 years in the crap hole we went to you can last the years in UL. (Yes I still recognise the name :pac: )

Welcome back, stranger. Been a while since you posted on these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

The Snipe wrote: »

It may have been a crap hole but it was our crap hole Cillian. I should probably change that. Mood changes by the day tbh. Depends on how the riding goes(don't have a dirty mind for once) you not doing yours anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

It may have been a crap hole but it was our crap hole Cillian. I should probably change that. Mood changes by the day tbh. Depends on how the riding goes(don't have a dirty mind for once) you not doing yours anymore?

Nope I left in January, wasn't my thing. But the year is early still so you'd be surprised where it takes you. So its definitely worth sticking through for another while at least. I'm the last person you'd expect to hear it from but college is the place to be if you can, as I'm sure a lot of people in the jobs threads will tell you
    Because I've been looking myself, and although I'm lucky enough to be in a job (although with bar hours sometimes it might not even be worth it) all the jobs out there are either minimum wage in the likes of the Icon or jobs that require a level 7/8 degree.

Apart from that, your only real choice in the matter unfortunately in this city is door to door sales.

And Hey Phog nice to see you :) how're you getting on?

Has anyone been interviewed by Pepper in Shannon and if so any tips on what questions were asked etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

campo wrote: »
    Has anyone been interviewed by Pepper in Shannon and if so any tips on what questions were asked etc

They used to be GE money if thats any help to you, or took them over.

phill106 wrote: »
    They used to be GE money if thats any help to you, or took them over.

Cheers interview done already though , just waiting on news now

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

Does anyone know of any jobs going at the moment , I'm a 25 year old graduate looking for full time work or 20-30 hours a week in limerick . I'm not having any luck with my job applications lately

Does anyone know of any jobs going at the moment , I'm a 25 year old graduate looking for full time work or 20-30 hours a week in limerick . I'm not having any luck with my job applications lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

A graduate in what? If thats how vague your cover letters are then that could be your issue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Best site I've found for genuine jobs, beyond of course the Mickey Mouse internships is Fas

Does anyone know of any companies taking on staff for Christmas ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

tesco/dunnes for sure, I guess almost every other retailer will too

Advertisement