Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lottie Ryan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

From what ive seen this girl has very little charisma, no individualism, is privileged and isnt the brightest pea in the pod. She barely is comfortable reading internet reports on 'celebrities' which has been the crux of her tv and radio career thus far. People who retaliate to critics should realise that we are the people who pay the licence fee on which people like her are dining out. The nepotism card is an easy one to pull but plenty of people have 'inherited' jobs and have been suited to it. Entertainment/ broadcasting is not the most suitable, even one of the least suitable avenues to exercise nepotism (despite what that other poster said). For example G Ryan, while not my cup of tea was loud, brass, charismatic and most vitally UNIQUE . These qualities cant be just passed down to your offspring. Also to the poster who said that her qualifications make her a more ideal candidate than her ould lad. You couldnt be more wrong. Media degrees, most of which are low cao point entrys, do very little to prepare someone for the broadcasting world. You either have the personality or you dont. Maybe she will prove me wrong (very unlikely) but once again this is another poor reflection on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

She sounds like she should be in a Ross O Carroll Kelly book.
    She seems to be obsessed with those Kardashian people, her slot on Colm Hayes show is pure cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lads was she on this morning or later this morning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Joe10000 wrote: »
    I also think there is nothing wrong with using who you know to get what you want.

In the private sector I agree, in State ownership I don't, the licence fee shouldn't finance nepotism.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

heybaby wrote: »
    RTE reminds me of north korea, impossible to get into and virtually nobody ever leaves.
    Best ever quote i have heard that totally sums up RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭hawley

In the private sector I agree, in State ownership I don't, the licence fee shouldn't finance nepotism.

Pippa will be co-hosting Winning Streak alongside her husband Bugs Ormonde for the next while. Great little country we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

hawley wrote: »
    Pippa will be co-hosting Winning Streak alongside her husband Bugs Ormonde for the next while. Great little country we have.

Who are they related to?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hootanany wrote: »
    Who are they related to?

Say it an't so? Even by RTE standards that's bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

She's fairly clueless from anything I've heard of her, which was about twice, after that I'd change stations when I'd hear she was coming up for her showbiz slot.
    Colm Hayes was trying explain to her what an EP was one day and she couldn't really grasp it, "would they not just loike bring out an album?"... the apple fell far from the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

rte feeling bad for working her father to death maybe

Yeah, that 3 hours a day on €700k with massive amounts of annual leave drove gerry to coke. He had no other option the poor fella.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yeah, that 3 hours a day on €700k with massive amounts of annual leave drove gerry to coke. He had no other option the poor fella.

Money aside, there's a lot more to a radio dj's job than just airtime, they don't just arrive in and wing it for every show :)

What do the researchers do on that GR show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Lads, like her or loath her, (I personally have only heard her a couple of times & would prefer if someone else got the gig), what you're doing here is mean girls ****.

It's the same as bullying & you need to knock it off.

By all means attack RTE for hiring her or attack the playlist on her show, but personal attacks should not be made or tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Hootanany wrote: »
    Who are they related to?

since they are married im guessing each other

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

niallam wrote: »
    Money aside, there's a lot more to a radio dj's job than just airtime, they don't just arrive in and wing it for every show :)

I would agree with you normally but in fairness Gerry winged it every morning. Sure he was regularly late on air!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Gerry definitely did. Regularly late. Think he stayed for an hour or 2 the odd day, probably close to half a normal working week for his radio show.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

OU812 wrote: »
    Lads, like her or loath her, (I personally have only heard her a couple of times & would prefer if someone else got the gig), what you're doing here is mean girls ****.

It's the same as bullying & you need to knock it off.

By all means attack RTE for hiring her or attack the playlist on her show, but personal attacks should not be made or tolerated.

Mod Note: Leave the modding to the mods please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Personal attacks permitted now. Noted. I'll do it the official way & report in future. That's me out.

The attacks are at the radio/tv persona who RTE are paying out of our pockets. Everything that has been said is a critique at her non suitability for the job, both because she hasnt the personality or SEEMINGLY brains for the job. Call it bullying if you will but these radio/tv 'showbiz' people make a living (out of our pockets, i must again reiterate) on reputation and personality so surely that is the first thing one would disect when reviewing them is such. As i said maybe she will prove us wrong and show some talent for broadcasting in the future but atm she seems very limited for such a job and is living off her late fathers name. I would regularly slag G Ryan and couldnt really listen to him BUT by god he was good at his peak and very intelligent and popular. So is me slagging him when he was with us BULLYING?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Siosleis wrote: »
    She's a little silly idiot.Other hard working people deserve that slot, not nepotilistic offspring.
    Also, her show is merde.

This is not bullying?

• Advertisement

I would agree with you normally but in fairness Gerry winged it every morning. Sure he was regularly late on air!

Sure he was the most confident man on radio ;)

The silly little idiot remark is a bit off the cuff. But she is little (5 foot nothing, i would estimate) . Her content (talking about meaningless celebrities after reading internet stories and commenting on their lifestyle) is 'silly'. She got into rte through her late father's name, despite observations about her low degree, so yeah, nepotism is evident. And as a licence payer we are entitled to remark who we want to listen to, so if someone says its undeserving, its their view. So, no, its what might be said to be constructive criticism of RTE, but not bullying in my opinion.

Also, isnt she the one making judgements on her slots of 'unassuming' 'celebrities'! Is this not a variation of 'bullying' if the judgements are negative . . . . . . . . . . ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

That's a fair point and in principle I agree but there is a but, but if it was me looking for a job and uncle John could get me in I would not ask him not to because it wouldn't be right. I suppose that's what's wrong with this country, rules are for every one else.

Sure he was the most confident man on radio ;)

That was nothing to do with his habit was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Any time I hear her on Colm Hayes's programme I end up reaching for the "off" button. To my ears her nasally D4 accent is like nails on a blackboard. But hey, maybe other people like her. What do I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

She writes a weekly article in the daily mail where Lottie tells us what is hot and what is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I saw her on South William Street a few months ago and she was caked in make-up. It was the middle of the day and it looked awful, somebody should tell her that less is more.

We cant all be so 'pretty polly' like you. Girls wearing excess makeup isnt anything out of the norm. Im not a fan of her 'work' (ahem) but i dont think this is a thread to slag her personal appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Siosleis wrote: »
    She's a little silly idiot.Other hard working people deserve that slot, not nepotilistic offspring.
    Also, her show is merde.
    Cienciano wrote: »
    She looks like a young Gerry in drag
    Itzy wrote: »
    Mod Note: Leave the modding to the mods please.

why don't ya mod then. This thread is full of bullying and bitterness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement