Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel Bans Fluoride on Health Grounds.

Options
  • 13-08-2013 2:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Irish Civil Servants soon the only group left on Earth who will be supporting this absurd policy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Link OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Israel does something the majority of people on boards might support.

OP, I think you just killed the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

If Israel jumped off a cliff, would you do the same OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Christ the Redeemer

keano_afc wrote: »
    Israel does something the majority of people on boards might support.

What? Every time fluoride is brought up here or anywhere for that matter on the internet, you are met with howls of derision.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Irish Civil Servants soon the only group left on Earth who will be supporting this absurd policy.

keeps us all docile thats why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I give this two pages before it's about occupied land.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

biko wrote: »
    I give this two pages before it's about occupied land.
    Bit optimistic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Anti fluoridation is a Jewish conspiracy to force us to visit their dentists on a more regular basis.

It's always made me suspicious why everyday folks have such an emotional reaction to anyone calling the use of mass medication in our water supply into question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Well, gone is your free annual cleaning and just try and find a dentist that takes on PRSI cases. At the rate this government is cutting health services the only think keeping peoples teeth in their heads will be the fluoride!

If they ban fizzy drinks, then they can get rid of the fluoride.

• Advertisement

It's always made me suspicious why everyday folks have such an emotional reaction to anyone calling the use of mass medication in our water supply into question.
    Or why so many oppose it on the grounds of hearsay?

Personally, I'd worry about whether or not it's cost effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Coming from a man who gets people to drink his blood and eat his body.

humanji wrote: »

I oppose mass medication of any kind. There was talk in America of adding ****ing lithium to the water supply. Experts telling the Dáil Éireann they should consider it too. Complete with glowing media reports about how it would reduce crime and suicide.

Huxley is rolling in his ****ing grave. You're called a conspiracy nut for thinking people in power want powerless docile robots to control.

But you're opposing something on principle without questioning what it is, or whether or not it's worth it. Best to research things than jump to conclusions either for or against.

But you're opposing something on principle without questioning what it is, or whether or not it's worth it. Best to research things that jump to conclusions either for or against.

I've read studies that call Fluoride's tooth protecting properties into question. As well as a Harvard meta study which raises the spectre of Neurotoxicity.

It has been my experience that any time this issue is raised, people get defensive and start calling the "conspiracy theorists" ill informed and 9 times out of 10 it's by some google warrior who simply has an ideological need to believe that whatever the government decides is for the best.

Once again you make an assumption about what I have read or not read on the subject.

I've read studies that call Fluoride's tooth protecting properties into question. As well as a Harvard meta study which raises the spectre of Neurotoxicity.
    But that's not why you said you're against it.
    It has been my experience that any time this issue is raised, people get defensive and start calling the "conspiracy theorists" ill informed and 9 times out of 10 it's by some google warrior who simply has an ideological need to believe that whatever the government decides is for the best.

This goes for the extremists on both sides of the argument.

I said I oppose mass medication of any kind.

And that's why it's better to know what you oppose instead of just assuming it's bad. Same goes for blindly supporting something. What if, for example, fluoride was saving millions of lives and you're opposing it could cause these people to die?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Do you have a link for this OP?

I'd rather like to see why they made the decision.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Once again you make an assumption about what I have read or not read on the subject.
    Of course none of the anti-fluoride lobby could be described as google warriors. Oh no. A couple of Youtube videos, an "alternative health practitioner" with internet bought qualifications and linking to a study which reaches the exact opposite conclusion to them are far more reliable.

As an aside, telling a conspiracy nut that Israel's against fluoridation is like telling a Daily Mail reader that asylum seekers are the natural prey of paedophiles.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Do you have a link for this OP?

I'd rather like to see why they made the decision.
    http://www.opednews.com/articles/Israel-Will-Stop-Fluoridat-by-Fluoride-Action-Ne-130811-827.html

Christ the Redeemer's link seems to be behind a pay wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

I wonder how many countries in Europe have water fluoridation, apart from us.

darkhorse wrote: »

I think some put it in their table salt rather than the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Robbo wrote: »
    As an aside, telling a conspiracy nut that Israel's against fluoridation is like telling a Daily Mail reader that asylum seekers are the natural prey of paedophiles.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9237a0c3d2944b9c985deb9ae288db3b/tumblr_ml9j9qhjPX1s9h0qro1_400.gif

darkhorse wrote: »
    Not many. Mostly because it's been shown that it's not as beneficial as it was originally claimed. Not because it's a deadly poison/mind control drug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

I think some put it in their table salt rather than the water.

Given them a choice whether they want to ingest it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

It's always made me suspicious why everyday folks

Is that why you haven't shown up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

With the introduction of water charges in Ireland in the near future I think we should be given a choice to have it fluoridated or not.

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    Of course none of the anti-fluoride lobby could be described as google warriors. Oh no. A couple of Youtube videos, an "alternative health practitioner" with internet bought qualifications and linking to a study which reaches the exact opposite conclusion to them are far more reliable.

I won't sugar coat it. a lot of times the anti flouride brigade online are basically neo John Birch types who think it's all a dastardly plan to mind control humans into accepting the UN led world government order. So yea, I don't doubt you run into a few nutters when this comes up.

It ruins my **** that literally any legitimate questions about it get tangled up with these lot. Question the US handling of 9/11? you must be one of those loose change fellows...

Conspiracy wrapped in intrigue here, but, if I was running the place I would make up outrageous conspiracies about every questionable decision I ever took. It's like plate armour.

Advertisement