Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

gufc21 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that being a dynasty league the rookie draft will not be a snake draft? I mean I have the first pick in all rounds?

Yes, as per Spongey's post (my emphasis)
    The current draft order in each of the 5 rounds is as follows:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Am I right in thinking that being a dynasty league the rookie draft will not be a snake draft? I mean I have the first pick in all rounds?

Yep dynasty drafts run on a linear basis. The worst team gets the better picks of the rookies. I unfortunately have the last pick in each round :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Thanks for keeping an eye on this Spongey.
    Yeah we had all agreed to keep FA pickups until after the rookie draft, then back to FAAB

Also, good idea to update your trading blocks lads, especially the new guys as it will carry over from previous owners' settings.
    Only 3 of us have updated since last season so some of them look a bit strange

Can you guys please post the rules of the league in this thread please?

It would be a good idea to get some rules in place going forward, particularly for the offseason. I'll get writing up a few rules for discussion and post them later. In the meantime i'm open to a few ideas from anybody here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

What value are you guys putting on draft picks?

I'm thinking of offering gufc my 1st round pick this year for his second round pick this year and his 2014 1st round pick. This seems like a fair offer to me, but I'm not really sure.

When it comes to players I'm really ****ing lost. Looking at my own team I guess I'd value Garcon at a late first round and Harvin at an early first round (if he wasn't injured).

• Advertisement

oh and I see people dropping players to get down to 25. Make sure you still have your keepers set cause I'm guessing any players you don't have set to keep get dropped before the draft.

Good man Spongey, whatever you put up will be good to form a discussion anyway.
    Most of the standard rules already in the league on the site.

Just quick list off top of my head:

No FA pickups from end of season until after draft, when FAAB is re-instated

Date by which to cut down rosters

Format for draft each year

What to do with inactive player - how long before they are classified as 'inactive', does commish set lineup for them every week or go back through season and give them loss for every week? After season are they booted?

Trade veto - personally think veto's should only be applied where people suspect collusion, otherwise you're just second guessing people's judgement and if two people independently agree to a trade they are both happy with then don't think it's anyone else's business

Anti-tanking rules: players should have full active roster each week, especially towards end of the season. With rosters this size, hard to find a reason not to fill your team

No rule changes during the season unless unanimous vote

Rule changes in offseason only require majority vote

Members can suggest rules to vote on in offseason

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

Masked Man wrote: »
    What value are you guys putting on draft picks?

I'm thinking of offering gufc my 1st round pick this year for his second round pick this year and his 2014 1st round pick. This seems like a fair offer to me, but I'm not really sure.

When it comes to players I'm really ****ing lost. Looking at my own team I guess I'd value Garcon at a late first round and Harvin at an early first round (if he wasn't injured).

not interested in that trade tbh, but if your interested in my number 1 round for next season I'm sure something can be arranged.

First off forgive the long windedness of this post. Here are a few rules for discussion. Let me know what you think or if any changes need to be made.

Boards Dynasty League
    Rules

1.League Set-up & Playoffs

(a) The league will be hosted on ESPN.com
    (b) The league is made up of 12 teams divided into 2 divisions.
    (c) Teams will play other teams on a head to head basis from week 1 to week 13.
    (d) The two division champions will be placed as #1 and #2 seeds for the purposes of the playoffs.
    (e) The next two best regular season teams will qualify for the playoffs as the #3 and #4 seeds.
    (f) The semi-finals will involve #1 v #4 and #2 v #3 and will be played over weeks 14 and 15.
    (g) The final will be contested between the two semi-final winners and will be held over weeks 16 and 17.

2. Rosters & Lineups
    (a) Teams are allowed a maximum of 30 players on their roster.
    (b) Players are required to start 15 players. These are 1QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Offensive Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 Kicker, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB & 1 Defensive Flex.

3. Rookie Draft
    (a) Each year the rookie draft will be held at the end of July/start of August or at a date agreed by all players.
    (b) The draft will be conducted offline via the thread on Boards.ie dedicated to the Boards Dynasty League.
    (c) Every team will be required to nominate a maximum of 25 keepers in the league site prior to the draft taking place.
    (d) Each team will be allowed 24 hours to make their pick. As a courtesy to other teams each team will be asked to PM the next team to notify them that their pick is up. If a team has not made their pick within the 24 hours they will be awarded the highest ranked rookie available on the ESPN rankings.
    (e) The draft order will be decided by the final standings from the previous year. The league champion will have pick #12. The league runner up will have pick #11. The two losing semi-finalists will have picks #9 and #10 based on their final regular season records. Picks #1 to #8 will be the reverse of the seeds for the consolidation ladder (which is in order of best record to worst record). The consolidation ladder results will not decide any draft order.

4. Waivers
    (a) The league operates a Free Agent Auction system where teams put in blind bids for available free agents and the team with the highest bid will win that player. Any tied bids are decided in favour of the team with the worst record. Waivers will run every morning with the exception of tuesday.
    (b) Each team has a free agent auction budget of $100 for the season. Once that is gone teams will only be able to bid $0 for players.
    (c) Waivers will be closed from the time ESPN allow reactivation of the league until the conclusion of the rookie draft.
    (d) After the end of the season waivers will remain open until ESPN deactivates the league

5. Trades
    (a) Trading is allowed up to week 13. There is a one day trade review period before the trade comes official. 4 votes are required to veto the trade if it is deemed collusion.
    (b) Draft picks are tradeable. If the site does not allow picks to be included in the trade offer then just add a note to the trade indicating which picks are included and the commissioner will manually change the owners of the picks in the relevant draft.

6. Rule Changes
    (a) Any team can propose a rule change to the league. This can only take place during the offseason and will only be passed by a minimum of 7 votes. Votes will be done via poll on the league site and all members will be notified by email of the vote.

7. Inactive Players
    (a) All teams are required to submit valid lineups each week. If, for any reason, a team submits a lineup with inactive players or players with bye weeks, that team will be contacted and if they fail to respond their team will be placed in the hands of the commissioner and they will submit future lineups based on ESPN’s projected rankings. That player will be removed from the league at the end of the season.

oh and I see people dropping players to get down to 25. Make sure you still have your keepers set cause I'm guessing any players you don't have set to keep get dropped before the draft.

This is right, keepers still need to be selected. At this moment only 6 people have fully selected 25 keepers. You should see a blue k beside the player if he has been picked as a keeper

• Advertisement

not interested in that trade tbh, but if your interested in my number 1 round for next season I'm sure something can be arranged.

Don't think I'd go too far from the original offer. I want to trade out of the first round this year for picks.

Don't think I'd go too far from the original offer. I want to trade out of the first round this year for picks.

Well given the lack of strength in this years draft its not worth trading into at that price. I'll double check later what I think could drop to you but I doubt I'll take it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I think I may have picked up a FA in the last few weeks but can't remember rightly (could be another league). My apologies. Wasn't aware of the ruling. But will include that pickup in the 5 players I have to get rid of in the interest of fairness.

Considering drafting up from second last.. if I can get my head around what the **** is going on!

Would it be possible to get a list of everyone's user name and team together?

I think I may have picked up a FA in the last few weeks but can't remember rightly (could be another league). My apologies. Wasn't aware of the ruling. But will include that pickup in the 5 players I have to get rid of in the interest of fairness.

Considering drafting up from second last.. if I can get my head around what the **** is going on!

According to the list of transactions you didnt
    Would it be possible to get a list of everyone's user name and team together?

EAST
    UCD Franchise UCD AFC
    Allie Cows Gufc 21
    Polar Bears Padraig F
    Foxboro Legends Eagle Eye
    Bedrock Boulders Masked Man
    Marshall Mavericks UnitedIrishman

WEST
    Pillow Fighters Tristram Tristram
    Bear Down Spongey1975
    Baa Baas Barbarians
    Cutlering the Mustard Mayordennis
    Team 4thandforever Taidghbaby
    New Ireland Patriots BigBadRob83

Boards Dynasty League
    Rules

Looks good Spongey

Crabtree, Maclin, and likely Harvin out for the season. At this rate Sanu will be one of my main receivers.

Anyone looking to trade up for tAvon Austin in the draft get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Is it okay to propose trades now or does that start after the draft?

Tristram wrote: »
    Is it okay to propose trades now or does that start after the draft?

I would assume trades are ok at all times just can't pick up fa's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I have my keepers done!

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but is Aldon smith a FA and if so why?

How many people still have to set keepers?

Mine are set

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just set mine too.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    I have my keepers done!

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but is Aldon smith a FA and if so why?

I dropped him. Had 5 LBs and he was the worst of the five (Lavonte David, Derrick Johnson, Chad Greenway & Mychal Kendricks were the ones i kept).

As for the keepers. Three are left to pick their 25 keepers (Barbarians, mayordenis & UnitedIrishman). Also EagleEye you have only selected 20 keepers if that was your intention

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I dropped him. Had 5 LBs and he was the worst of the five (Lavonte David, Derrick Johnson, Chad Greenway & Mychal Kendricks were the ones i kept).

As for the keepers. Three are left to pick their 25 keepers (Barbarians, mayordenis & UnitedIrishman). Also EagleEye you have only selected 20 keepers if that was your intention
    Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Just done mine there, thought I had to just drop the guys.

Should be sound now.

Mayordenis was the last one to select his keepers but since he had already dropped 5 i manually went in and selected the remaining 25 on his roster as his keepers. We are now ready to progress to the rookie draft. The rookie draft order in each round is as follows

1st: Gufc21
    2nd: Mayordenis
    3rd: Tristram (1st rounder traded to Gufc21)
    4th: Barbarians
    5th: Taidghbaby
    6th: BigBadRob83
    7th: UCD AFC
    8th: Masked Man
    9th: Padraig F
    10th: Eagle Eye
    11th: UnitedIrishman
    12th: Spongey1975

The draft will be conducted here. Just make your pick by posting it on this thread. All picks are tradeable so if 2 parties have agreed on a trade just post it here and i'll amend the draft order. Only rookies are available in this draft. I could not see a customisable report showing the available rookies on ESPN so ye will all have to do your own research on the available rookies. I really dont want to enforce a time limit on picks but if some people start taking the piss on their turn i will introduce one. It would be common courtesy for the guy who just picked to send a PM to the next guy up just to keep this moving. At the end of the draft i will manually add all your picks to your roster. Any questions send me a PM

With all that being said I know declare the 2013 Boards Dynasty League draft to be open. Gufc21 you are on the clock :D

Hey lads just awaiting on negotiation conclusions which will affect my pick. Hope to be concluded shortly.

On another note this is my first time using a fa budget. Is it 100 from now till seasons end or till start of season and then a fresh hundred for the season?

• Advertisement

Hey lads just awaiting on negotiation conclusions which will affect my pick. Hope to be concluded shortly.

On another note this is my first time using a fa budget. Is it 100 from now till seasons end or till start of season and then a fresh hundred for the season?

Once FA begins its 100 til the end of the season

Advertisement