Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Declan is leaving Currys & PC World

1235»

Comments

  • #2


    Yes, I'd say things are going downhill.


  • #2


    I didn't see this thread until a few days ago, which is a shame because I would have liked to have chipped in my support for Declan a bit earlier. I know it's been said to death at this stage, but I too was someone who started shopping in Currys sorely based on the level of customer support that Declan gave here.

    To be honest, I think this is a prime example of management looking a the figures only and failing to realise the value of their people. Declan manned this forum at all hours of the day and night. He went above and beyond for his customers. I wish we had a figure for the sales that this forum brought in under Declan because I would say that it is substantial. How any sane company can let a devoted employee go, who was clearly bringing satisified customers through the door, is beyond me. It's bad management which is extremely short-sighted in my opinion.

    I only hope that we find out where Declan goes next so I know where to take my business.


  • #2


    64 HOUR RESPONSE TIME with 73% RESPONSE RATE (At this time and date)

    Looks like it's time to shut this down, they never appreciated the time and effort that Declan put into this forum.

    smurfjed


  • #2


    71 hours- 79%.


  • #2


    Time to unsubscribe to this thread.

    Tumbleweed


  • #2


    smurfjed wrote: »
    64 HOUR RESPONSE TIME with 73% RESPONSE RATE (At this time and date)

    Looks like it's time to shut this down, they never appreciated the time and effort that Declan put into this forum.

    smurfjed
    Well predicted,  Looks like they are taking your advice.  :)


  • #2
    Think it's time Boards.ie does what it did to DublinMintTim and close this forum. It was thanks to Declans excellent customer service I started shopping in PC World/Currys


  • #2


    Only reason I entertained the thoughts of shopping in Curry's PC World was because of Declan. Going back to original position now. You won me back and you lost me again. Will pay extra online now (if needs be).


  • #2


    Morgans wrote: »
    Only reason I entertained the thoughts of shopping in Curry's PC World was because of Declan. Going back to original position now. You won me back and you lost me again. Will pay extra online now (if needs be).

    Same here, after years of not using Currys and PC World Declan got e back spending there again, now I'm avoiding the stores again

    Devnull



  • #2


    Just seen this thread now.  I have to agree with the past 9 pages, I would not have touched PC World/Currys with a barge pole until I saw this forum that Declan was manning.  All the best in your future endeavors Declan.  

    But the loss of these shops will be huge to this country in terms of employment and competition, even more scary times ahead!


  • #2


    While I think not making purchases in PC world and currys to support Declan is commendable please remember that many people rely on these stores for their livelihood. Many of them decent and I gave had the pleasure of shopping there over the years.

    I think that in the times that are in it we should support retailers who create Irish jobs and pay Irish taxes over Internet purchases where the price is only marginal


  • #2


    dingding wrote: »
    I think that in the times that are in it we should support retailers who create Irish jobs and pay Irish taxes over Internet purchases where the price is only marginal

    I'd be happy to, if the price difference was only marginal, but I'll never forget being asked for €50 for an optical cable in PC World. Apparently it was expensive because it was gold plated. :rolleyes:


  • #2


    stimpson wrote: »
    I'd be happy to, if the price difference was only marginal, but I'll never forget being asked for €50 for an optical cable in PC World. Apparently it was expensive because it was gold plated.
    Yes they have mad prices for some stuff, HDMI Cables, and Mounting Brackets.


  • #2


    dingding wrote: »
    Yes they have mad prices for some stuff, HDMI Cables, and Mounting Brackets.
    No just mad prices for everything in general. I haven't seen a good deal in PC World for going on a year now. Wont be missed in my eyes, as they have very poor prices.


  • #2


    dingding wrote: »
    While I think not making purchases in PC world and currys to support Declan is commendable please remember that many people rely on these stores for their livelihood. Many of them decent and I gave had the pleasure of shopping there over the years.

    I think that in the times that are in it we should support retailers who create Irish jobs and pay Irish taxes over Internet purchases where the price is only marginal

    Curry's/PC World is hardly as Irish as Apple Pie. I'm sure if this was your primary factor when purchasing goods, there are plenty of independent stores who will sort you out. There was never a commitment to Irish consumers by Curry's/PC World over the 20 years that I have been interested in buying electronics. In fact, it was pretty diabolical, the price differences between ROI and N.I. stores a few years back (after accounting for currency exchange rates, the customer service, the upselling of unneccessary warranties, the preying on the technologically ignorant to oversell) was shocking. This forum and Declan in particular convinced me that the disdain they held Irish consumers was something they were looking to change.

    And look where we are. So, go independent if you want to avoid the Internet. Your "Support Irish" defence of Curry's is misguided.


  • #2


    dingding wrote: »
    While I think not making purchases in PC world and currys to support Declan is commendable please remember that many people rely on these stores for their livelihood. Many of them decent and I gave had the pleasure of shopping there over the years.

    I think that in the times that are in it we should support retailers who create Irish jobs and pay Irish taxes over Internet purchases where the price is only marginal

    I don't think it's due to Declan getting the axe that people are stopping supporting them.
    I think it's because a company who used to provide top rate customer service on here as a result of Declan, no longer provide that same service.
    Had the customer service remained the same, I think you'd find most posters here praising the staff still.
    This hasn't happened which is clearly indicated by their crap response rate.


Sign In or Register to comment.