Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.hobbyairsoft.ie (Cork)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

My M4. Wiring needs to be replaced, old ones a little damaged from assembly but functional. So hopefully I'll get some lower resistance wire in time. Also have to replace a broken motor connector, I bought a pack of 50 for spares. And the air nozzle and the hopup nub. And a fresh mosfet if I have the time, old one is a little too large so I have to make one with a thinner layout. But I've a game the next day so can't work too late.

And the air nozzle is either too long or too short. Gearbox and hopup compression are perfect. So has to be the nozzle so I'm using the shs one. I tested the hopup and barrel in another aeg with a standard air nozzle and it was fine, no loss of air.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭jamesd2013

maciek87 wrote: »

On occasions, but rarely enough (due to fairly low second hand value of the items, it might be better if you would sell off stuff like that privately!)

But you can always drop in to the store with them - you`ll always get something off them, or call us for more details on 021 435 59 73 :pac:
    And talk with someone in the store for details
    Would i be able to trade them in against a green gas 1911 mag?What sort of price would i be looking at for it with trading in 2 hicaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maciek87

CpcRc wrote: »
    My M4. Wiring needs to be replaced, old ones a little damaged from assembly but functional. So hopefully I'll get some lower resistance wire in time. Also have to replace a broken motor connector, I bought a pack of 50 for spares. And the air nozzle and the hopup nub. And a fresh mosfet if I have the time, old one is a little too large so I have to make one with a thinner layout. But I've a game the next day so can't work too late.

And the air nozzle is either too long or too short. Gearbox and hopup compression are perfect. So has to be the nozzle so I'm using the shs one. I tested the hopup and barrel in another aeg with a standard air nozzle and it was fine, no loss of air.

That was a good entertaining evening so! :rolleyes:

I presume everything worked fine? If you`ll need anything else give me a shout - especially when comes to low resistance wiring - we have some here (from Lonex I believe, where connector box is suspiciously similar to Ultimate ;))
    jamesd2013 wrote: »
    Would i be able to trade them in against a green gas 1911 mag?What sort of price would i be looking at for it with trading in 2 hicaps?

Hello again,
    Can`t really say mate! When comes to second hand stuff you`ll need to bring`em up to the store - it really depends from the throughout condition of the mag.
    We will always work something out though!

That was a good entertaining evening so! :rolleyes:

I presume everything worked fine? If you`ll need anything else give me a shout - especially when comes to low resistance wiring - we have some here (from Lonex I believe, where connector box is suspiciously similar to Ultimate ;))

Oh, I haven't started yet, I'll be doing the work friday night as I'm not in cork at the moment.
    My new 1m 16 awg wires arrived today. They've got a slim enough coating to fit alright in the gearbox, previously bought some that was way too thick to fit.
    I'm going to replace the wiring so that it's ready for a mosfet even if I don't have the time so that I don't have to open the gearbox again. So I have plenty of wires, heatshrink and connectors. And a M80/M85 spring if the final build is a little hot on a M90 spring.

Oh, I haven't started yet, I'll be doing the work friday night as I'm not in cork at the moment.
    My new 1m 16 awg wires arrived today. They've got a slim enough coating to fit alright in the gearbox, previously bought some that was way too thick to fit.
    I'm going to replace the wiring so that it's ready for a mosfet even if I don't have the time so that I don't have to open the gearbox again. So I have plenty of wires, heatshrink and connectors. And a M80/M85 spring if the final build is a little hot on a M90 spring.

Correct parts and tools are always half of success, even for a 30-minute job like that ;)
    Air nozzle modification/replacement can make a bit of a difference, but if the gun is not on the border, chances are you`ll be fine without spring replacement.

Good luck with it, let us know how did you get on!

• Advertisement

It should be fine, But when I put tape on the old nozzle before it was about 1.01J-1.05J so the air nozzle should increase the fps. I increased the airseal in the gearbox last time I opened it, which is why I was worried about it. Doing the compression test sometimes it would stop moving the piston very early.

It should be fine, But when I put tape on the old nozzle before it was about 1.01J-1.05J so the air nozzle should increase the fps. I increased the airseal in the gearbox last time I opened it, which is why I was worried about it. Doing the compression test sometimes it would stop moving the piston very early.

Air nozzle upgrade will always make a bit of a difference, but if the gun wasn`t originally just on the 1J border, it should be ok.

Really depends from what you are starting from, but generally guns we would do be doing 300-310 fps, and after SHS AN install it would go up by 10-12 fps. At least to V.2`s I was doing up

I think it was .95J from new but that was about 2.5 years now.

I think it was .95J from new but that was about 2.5 years now.

0.95J would be fairly tight (around 320fps/0.2g?) - with a tiny bit over in the end result (after replacing the air nozzle) you might be more precise with sniping the spring-guide part of the spring a bit (just to be back @ 0.95-0.97 again, instead of possibly getting much lower reading on M85)?

Update on the m4, wiring done but MOSFET failed, a part broke so had to remove it. Compression is really good. Problem now is a spring. I tried the m90/m95 already in there (had a m95 once but don't know if I kept it in) and it was 1.2J with it firing 98+/-1 m/s on .25s. Then tried an m80/m85 spring I had from an aeg which was at about 270fps. It was 0.7j(once again with consistent fps). Then tried an shs m90 and it was 1.2j again. So can you tell me of a m85 or m80 shs spring bring it to about 0.9? The first two springs were short ones and the shs was longer by about 20mm.
    Have the 0.7j setup now has decent range with a cheap chinese 70 hardness rubber but would like to get that 0.2J if I can. Also have to bring in the h nub a little bit on the sides to get it to fit.

• Advertisement

Update on the m4, wiring done but MOSFET failed, a part broke so had to remove it. Compression is really good. Problem now is a spring. I tried the m90/m95 already in there (had a m95 once but don't know if I kept it in) and it was 1.2J with it firing 98+/-1 m/s on .25s. Then tried an m80/m85 spring I had from an aeg which was at about 270fps. It was 0.7j(once again with consistent fps). Then tried an shs m90 and it was 1.2j again. So can you tell me of a m85 or m80 shs spring bring it to about 0.9? The first two springs were short ones and the shs was longer by about 20mm.
    Have the 0.7j setup now has decent range with a cheap chinese 70 hardness rubber but would like to get that 0.2J if I can. Also have to bring in the h nub a little bit on the sides to get it to fit.

Well, I presume all springs are non-linear and the same make?
    Springs tension ratio`s are from the moon. What I mean is, that M85 N-L SHS spring with have completely different tension/density of coil than - for example Prometheus M85 (which, for example, wouldn`t pull the hair of a race rabbit).

If the SHS M90 N-L is doing 1.2J (which is fairly weird, saw them doing over 1J but never that high - is your chrono calibrated and checked with the SKANAR?), I would imagine M90 I happen to have here will do the trick.

The two shorter spring are linear I think, the coils get closer in the middle and both ends look the same.

I understand how spring ratio's change from brand to brand.

I'm just wondering in terms of shs, if the m90 is too powerful, would their m85 or m80 provide the necessary drop in power? If the m90 you have is just a different size to the shs it might just be like the other m90 I tried, but if it's definately weaker than a SHS it might work.

I really need to finish the fn2000, that way I could compare all my springs using the quick change system to give me an idea of what's stronger or weaker.

I'm going to try and drop by the shop next weekend, just can't be sure if I'll be able to bring the chrono in. Depends on what way I'm travelling.

The two shorter spring are linear I think, the coils get closer in the middle and both ends look the same.

I understand how spring ratio's change from brand to brand.

I'm just wondering in terms of shs, if the m90 is too powerful, would their m85 or m80 provide the necessary drop in power? If the m90 you have is just a different size to the shs it might just be like the other m90 I tried, but if it's definately weaker than a SHS it might work.

I really need to finish the fn2000, that way I could compare all my springs using the quick change system to give me an idea of what's stronger or weaker.

I'm going to try and drop by the shop next weekend, just can't be sure if I'll be able to bring the chrono in. Depends on what way I'm travelling.

Doesn't matter how they look like coil-wise. I do have couple of weaker springs (marked as M90 as well), so no problem there.

There is hardly a difference in size, only in density and material.
    We won`t know what drop in power you`ll get anyway (unless you know for sure what spring is installed in what configuration there is too many question marks).

Wouldn't recommend using one replica as a point of reference for the energy of the spring that would be installed in the other gun.
    You`ll get a rough idea - that you would have anyway - but it may never be right hence waste of time (provided you don`t want to have a rough check on some of the springs you already have at home - removed from other rifles)

I think we were talking about the chrono already - Its pointless to work on the precision set up if you`re not sure (and you can never be sure until checked) what your chrono is doing - what offset does it have.

Using non-certified chronograph, without making sure what twist in reading does it have, is like driving a highly-tuned rally car on the road without making sure its legal after all the changes made :) Nearest checkpoint and you may be in trouble!

I think you`ll definitely want to come down to the shop with the chrono, and 15 minutes time. We`ll replace the spring here and take a look on the reading - in case we`ll have to try 2 or 3 of them :/
    Give me call first though!

I mentioned the f2000 because it should be able to tell the difference between a M80 and a M90 or a M90 and a M110 for example. Not looking for the end value as that will change from aeg to aeg, just to know if the spring is very different in power output. It would be on springs removed from other rifles which I hadn't used in a while so didn't know what it was.
    I'll probably be by saturday as I don't think I'll have the time friday to go home and back up with the equipment before closing.

Might I be able to trade that SHS M90 spring against one that you may have that works fine? Not sure if I have something that will suit it at the moment and pretty broke.
    It was only test fired with the f2000 but that wasn't shooting and one test mag through the m4, still good as new.

Might I be able to trade that SHS M90 spring against one that you may have that works fine? Not sure if I have something that will suit it at the moment and pretty broke.
    It was only test fired with the f2000 but that wasn't shooting and one test mag through the m4, still good as new.

Yep that's fine no problem @ all!

Thanks for all the help Saturday. Always good to stop by the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭tcwp

Hey Maciek GUNNIE here I need help would you have a broken sig 2022 blow back down there , I dropped mine and broke the hammer so I need it for parts or is the hammer the same in the 226 , 229 and 2022 cheers

tcwp wrote: »
    Hey Maciek GUNNIE here I need help would you have a broken sig 2022 blow back down there , I dropped mine and broke the hammer so I need it for parts or is the hammer the same in the 226 , 229 and 2022 cheers

Might do, you want the whole hammer mech, yes?
    Or just the hammer itself?

No, definately wouldn`t be the same (p226&229 are KJW blowbacks, while SP2022 is Nonblowback from KWC, so completely different internals).

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭tcwp

Might do, you want the whole hammer mech, yes?
    Or just the hammer itself?

No, definately wouldn`t be the same (p226&229 are KJW blowbacks, while SP2022 is Nonblowback from KWC, so completely different internals).

Just the hammer , it's one of the system 7 jobs

• Advertisement

tcwp wrote: »
    Just the hammer , it's one of the system 7 jobs

PM Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭johnmc_carthy

Hi Maciek looking for a fuse for my g&g cm16, you have them in stock?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

Hi Maciek would you have any version 1 taurus 24/7 mags about
    Thanks
    Tony

hey there.would you have any black vests that'll hold g36 mags?

shytan wrote: »
    Hi Maciek would you have any version 1 taurus 24/7 mags about
    Thanks
    Tony

Hi Shytan, no :-D Good luck looking for those though!

*I guess the best way to get some of`em is to get a cheap(ish) pistol with a mag or two, even broken one`s would be going for about 20-30 quid with one or two mags ;)
    Hi Maciek looking for a fuse for my g&g cm16, you have them in stock?

Yep no bother John plenty in!
    hey there.would you have any black vests that'll hold g36 mags?

Hi James, yes, we have at least a couple of models ranging from 35 to 80 euro for a CIRAS!

very good.i was wondering if you could have a look at my mags.my midcaps wont load but my hi caps will.

very good.i was wondering if you could have a look at my mags.my midcaps wont load but my hi caps will.

Yep, thats fine brinng the rifle and mid`s into the store we`ll take a look on it for you

great thanks.are ye open at the weekend?

great thanks.are ye open at the weekend?

yep, as usual 10am till 6pm on saturday

• Advertisement

Hey maciek .what are your usual opening hours during the week. Think I'm gonna get my own gun fixed if I could drop it in to you. Thanks

Advertisement