Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats wrong with my Cigarrillos?!

Options
  • 19-04-2013 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

So I hadn't used my Vivi Nova for a while and decided I would fill it with some of El Toro's Cigarrillos.Stuck on a 2.0ohm and filled it from a 10ml bottle I had just decanted from the original and left it for 10 minutes or so to soak in.

Well it was like vaping a sick bag!It tasted absolutely disgusting,to the point where I nearly vomited.:(

So I tried it in the mini Vivi,same fcuking thing.I thought it may have been the bottle I decanted it into but when I took a sniff of the actual El Toro bottle I got this strange 'off' kinda smell-the same smell I was tasting when vaping it.

-There was about 15ml left in the bottle before I poured it.

-I've checked the best before and its Nov'13.

-There's no chance it got mixed with another liquid.

-I steeped it for 7 days about 2wks ago.

-I miss my Cigarrillos:(

Its the juice that was in the El toro bottle that was off as I had vaped on the decanted juice in the 10ml bottle just yesterday and it was perfectly fine.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?Maybe with a different juice?
    Sorry if this post is a bit all over the shop but I'm well tired at this stage.

On the plus-side!I have my El Toro Virginia Prime-which is gorgeous:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

That's odd - I've had a bottle of it steeping for weeks, I fill needle bottles from it on the go, still tastes great. Is there anything in the press that may have 'infected' it? Another juice that may be off maybe? Are you puffing the bottle here and there? to get fresh oxygen in there? And shaking it up?

A new bottle of it just came here for me other day, hope it's alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

That's odd - I've had a bottle of it steeping for weeks, I fill needle bottles from it on the go, still tastes great. Is there anything in the press that may have 'infected' it? Another juice that may be off maybe? Are you puffing the bottle here and there? to get fresh oxygen in there? And shaking it up?

A new bottle of it just came here for me other day, hope it's alright!

Yeah it's a strange one alright.the only thing I can think of is either some moth used it as a urinal (hate those hairy bastards) or maybe it got too much sunlight.I left it steeping on a high shelve in a wardrobe and made sure no light got to it but light would have gotten to it after I had finished with the steeping.

How sensitive are e-liquids to sunlight? or any type of light be it natural or artificial?

I did shake the bottle but not very often.

Gonna try the Puros when I get home and if that's fcuked it's more than likely sunlight as that bottle is sitting right beside the cigarrillos.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Did you clean the new wick to get rid of whatever sh1te it is they put on them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

How sensitive are e-liquids to sunlight? or any type of light be it natural or artificial?

They're pretty sensitive to sunlight, especially in a dark bottle. Would've been baking the juice basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Probably a lot of sugary substances in there that more or less any bacteria could feed on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Send it back

jamie72 wrote: »
    Probably a lot of sugary substances in there that more or less any bacteria could feed on?

PG and VG are anti-bacterial preservatives and pretty good at it, so I doubt anything malicious was growing in there.

Well I've tried the Puros and its absolutely fine(a massive thank fcuk for that one)

I've treated the Cigarrillos the exact same as the Puros regarding where it was steeped,for how long and where the bottle was kept afterwards so I'm at a loss as to wtf happened.The wicks were washed vaperus.This taste wasn't just a little offish lads,it was fcuking atrocious.

I think Stickymicky is right.Going to get in-touch with ESI as they might be able to shed some light on it.

Probably not. I'd imagine that stuff is made in huge batches, so there wouldn't be just one bad bottle, but a bad batch that we'd know about. Something probably happened on your end. God knows what.

Have you had a house party recently and are your friends aged 25 and under, Rattleshakes?

• Advertisement

Did you take out a large insurance policy recently and does it smell kinda like bleach?

No to all the above and to be honest they are both pretty far-fetched and nonsensical.

I think my theory of a hairy moth biker gang using it as a urinal is the most plausible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

F**king dirty hairy moths! Never thought on that, I'll be checking my press regular now! Moth-paranoia!

F**king dirty hairy moths! Never thought on that, I'll be checking my press regular now! Moth-paranoia!

Well I for one think we should take this to the next level and set up a vigilante vaping group (the VVG's:cool::D:p:o:eek::mad:)
    We could use mandfergusons blacked out Hi-ace and scour the countryside for this renegade group of juice saboteurs.

No sign of my complimentary bottle of Cigarrillos from ESI as yet....ahem:rolleyes:

Well it looks like it was probably sunlight after all which is ironic seeing as we get sfa in this country.
    I didnt think it was at first seeing as the bottle of Puros,which was fine,was stored beside the Cigs but now that has gone sour:(
    Getting piissed off with the whole scene to be honest.Just too many things can and do go wrong.

I dunno, I wouldn't be annoyed with alcohol if I left wine on the windowsill.

Store it in a cool dark place and that's one thing that can't go wrong. Buy solid gear and that's unlikely to go wrong. Unless you go cold turkey or ween off the ecigs, think of the alternative...
    I wish I'd listened to that Gandral fellow, or was it Grongle? *dead*

Originally Posted by Rattleshakes in I.C.U.
    I wish I'd listened to that Gandral fellow, or was it Grongle? *dead*

You make me laugh dude :)

I left the juice at the back of the room where sunlight could get to it but not boil the stuff.On a positive note,those good folk at ESI are sending me a bottle of Cigarrillos on the house which I feel kinda guilty about seeing as it was my fault(I'll probably do the honourable thing and accept it :D)

Btw Sabrina reminded me of that musical masterpiece 'Boys,Boys,Boys'*

*The name Sabrina...not the person herself!as I cannot verify if she does indeed look like this:D

Advertisement