Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Weird, but good news....Lifetime has UNcancelled drop dead dive and will return for a 5th season:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/lifetimes-drop-dead-diva-back-425660

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/drop-dead-diva-returning-season-5-lifetime/#more-443723

ABC has pulled Zero Hour after just 3 episodes, translation - cancelled: http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/abcs-zero-hour-cancelled-after-3-airings/

ABC has pulled Zero Hour after just 3 episodes, translation - cancelled: http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/abcs-zero-hour-cancelled-after-3-airings/

They pretty much dumped the show, by preniering it in the worst possible day with little in the way of publicity. That it lasted 3 episodes is a surprise give how little the network invested in the show. Real shame as there was high potential and from everything the creator said a real sense that a lot of thought had gone into creating a quite impressive overall arc with each season telling a self contained story that would feed into the overall story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Weird, but good news....Lifetime has UNcancelled drop dead dive and will return for a 5th season:
    Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sky One’s action adventure Sinbad has been axed after just one series

Wow that was average at the start and actually ok at the end, I would have watched a 2nd series ..... and wasn't there an Irish based company involved with producing it ?

Fox has renewed The Following; New Girl; Raising Hope; The Mindy Project - for their respective upcoming seasons: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/04/the-following-new-girl-the-mindy-project-raising-hope-renewed-by-fox/171812/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Fox has renewed The Following; New Girl; Raising Hope; The Mindy Project - for their respective upcoming seasons: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/04/the-following-new-girl-the-mindy-project-raising-hope-renewed-by-fox/171812/
    and so begins the early renewal process, interesting that the following was renewed i had it down as a cert for cancellation, delighted that new girl and the mindy project were renewed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

^Really? The Following is a dominant force in terms of ratings... I never doubted it'd be renewed once it started to see a rise to already strong ratings...

^Really? The Following is a dominant force in terms of ratings... I never doubted it'd be renewed once it started to see a rise to already strong ratings...
    ah it was more the concept of the show, i didnt think it would amount to anything, but its ratings obviously speak for themselves, it was before it even aired i wrote it off, i never bothered watching it, it just didnt appeal to me,

Dexter to end after the upcoming 8th season: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/04/dexter-last-season/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

That's ok..: I think dexter has run its course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

Can't believe the following will stick around. It might be doing well in the ratings but it's not all that engaging and it's one that I think needs to improve quite a ways. Mind you though, if Touch made it back, there's no accounting for taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm thrilled Raising Hope's been renewed! I love this time of the year, it really feels like spring when the renewals start rolling in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

squonk wrote: »
    Can't believe the following will stick around. It might be doing well in the ratings but it's not all that engaging and it's one that I think needs to improve quite a ways. Mind you though, if Touch made it back, there's no accounting for taste!

Seems it got a huge cult following :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Dexter to end after the upcoming 8th season: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/04/dexter-last-season/

Hope they go out on a high.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Wasn't this known for months?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

ixoy wrote: »

They were debating 1 or 2 more seasons. I'm glad it's just 1, it's run its course and there were a few poor seasons in there.

ixoy wrote: »
    years actually, it was renewed for 2 season back in 2011, it was said then that that would be it, but it was never definitive of course,

season 7 was dexters most successful season rating wise, but at this stage i thinks its more the actors that are probably getting sick of it, especially since dexter and deb were married and divorced in real life, it must be hard working with your ex partner for 4-5 months of the year, plus michael c hall went straight from six feet under to this so hes been on the go for about 13 years now, i remember reading an article about him wanting a break for a few years,

though if season 8 get better numbers again i wouldn't be surprised if they tried to push for a 9th if not 10th season, showtime have a few good shows on their schedule, but why wouldn't they fight to get more of one of their most successful shows ever,

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ricky Gervais's
    comedy Derek has received the green light for another
    season.

The staff and residents of Broad Hill Retirement Home will return
    for a second six-part series next year.

The show's creator and star
    Ricky, who plays care worker Derek Noakes, said: "Derek is probably my
    favourite thing of everything I've done, so I can't wait to start thinking up
    some new adventures for the gang."

Phil Clarke, Channel 4's head of
    comedy said: "I am delighted that Derek is coming back for a second run on
    Channel 4. It's an original comic vision, brave, funny and touching, with a
    star performance at its heart. It has already garnered a loyal
    following."

Karl Pilkington, Kerry Godliman and David Earl also star in
    Derek, which has been picked up by US streaming network Netflix.

The
    final episode in the current series will be shown on Channel 4
    tomorrow.

Another international hit for Gervais?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Seems it got a huge cult following :p

Shame Cult didn't get a cult [the] following ;)

• Advertisement

EW have given a breakdown of each networks shows, and their survival outlook,

CBS
    2 Broke Girls (4.2): Sorry haters, they’ll be back.
    Blue Bloods (1.8): Stable Friday drama is a no-brainer to return.
    CSI: NY (1.8): Uncertain. Gary Sinise and company could follow CSI: Miami out the door this spring.
    CSI (2.9): No mystery here. Will return.
    Criminal Minds (3.6): Will return to torture anti-violence crusaders for another season.
    Elementary (3.1): Indubitably.
    Golden Boy (1.8): Tarnished. If the ratings don’t surge soon, this one is a goner.
    Hawaii 5-0 (2.7): Will surf into another season.
    How I Met Your Mother (4.0): RENEWED FOR FINAL SEASON
    Made in Jersey (1.1): Cancelled
    Mike & Molly (3.6): Ratings have fallen lately but we can’t see CBS turning its back on hot commodity Melissa McCarthy.
    NCIS (4.2): And face the wrath of 20 million viewers? Not a chance.
    NCIS: LA (3.5): Yes.
    Partners (2.3): Cancelled
    Person of Interest (3.5): Absolutely, a very solid and still-youthful performer in a tough slot.
    Rules of Engagement (3.1): CBS likes this show to patch a hole when new comedies drop out, but this season could be the last.
    Survivor (3.5): CBS tends to buy Survivor in bulk and the competition is due for another double order. Will continue.
    The Amazing Race (2.4): Poor EP Bertram van Munster gets his renewals one round at a time unlike Survivor — but he uses his 57 Emmys to wipe away the tears. He shouldn’t be crying next season, though.
    The Big Bang Theory (6.3): Slam dunk.
    The Good Wife (2.0): Not a major ratings-grabber but critics — and character actors — love it. This drama won’t go anywhere.
    The Job(.8): CBS hasn’t said officially but this short-lived reality show is dead.
    The Mentalist (2.4): Given the show’s semi-serialized Red John storyline, this could be the rare example of a CBS crime drama that gets a “final season” announced in advance.
    Two and A Half Men (4.2): CBS and studio Warner Bros are talking, so we expect to see another season (as long as Ashton Kutcher doesn’t demand a 45% stake in Warner Bros. TV or something).
    Undercover Boss (1.8): Not the most impressive ratings but the network still likes it. Looks okay for now.
    Vegas (2.2): Very much a gamble to return.

NBC
    Revolution (5.0): One of the few freshman success stories this season. This lights will stay on.
    Animal Practice: Cancelled after four episodes
    Chicago Fire (2.4): A 10 p.m. NBC drama that sometimes wins its time slot in the dead of winter? We’re surprised it hasn’t been renewed already.
    Community (1.6): If the Greendale clan is lucky enough to get another season, it will be a short final semester.
    Deception (1.7): Poor-man’s Revenge with poorer ratings. Not hopeful.
    Do No Harm: Cancelled
    Grimm (2.7): An easy call.
    Law & Order: SVU (2.2): At NBC this season, if a show isn’t prompting crying in the network’s hallways, it’s safe.
    Off Their Rockers (1.7): It’s a cheap, hole-patching, primetime spackle so yes — it will probably come back.
    30 Rock (1.9):Cancelled
    Go On (2.6): Recent ratings suggest that Go On and New Normal will not return, but we expect their odds to improve after they gain a Voice lead-in this spring.
    The New Normal (2.2): See Go On.
    Guys with Kids (1.5): Daddy might want to look for a new job, just in case.
    Parenthood (2.8): After this season’s critically-acclaimed season and solid ratings performance, a renewal is certain.
    Parks & Recreation (2.1): Knope expected to get a “Yes.”
    Smash (1.4): The fat lady has sung.
    Celebrity Apprentice (1.7). Sunday’s return did poorly, but NBC is more likely to blame the all-star conceit. Expect a return next year.
    The Biggest Loser (2.7): Jillian Michaels didn’t muscle up better ratings this season, but we still expect a renewal.
    The Office (2.8): Final season
    Rock Center With Brian Williams (1.0): Nothing NBC has done with this show has made much sense so … yes, it will probably return.
    The Voice (5.2): RENEWED
    Up All Night (1.7): The last original episode aired in December and a creative overhaul was announced. Christina Applegate quit. Will Arnett booked a new pilot. Maya Rudolph is looking for a variety show. At some point you stop trying to put out a fire and just let the house burn down.
    Whitney (1.5): We almost listed this as cancelled before realizing our mistake. It feels like it already is. And yet, we don’t know how to break this to you, but it’s actually got a shot.

1600 Penn (1.5). Soon to be sequestered.

FOX
    American Dad (2.7): RENEWED
    American Idol: (Wednesdays, 5.6 rating; Thursday, 5.0). We know, all-time low ratings. But it’s still winning many nights. Safe.
    Ben & Kate (1.5): Cancelled
    Bob’s Burgers (2.3): RENEWED
    Bones: (2.8). RENEWED.
    Family Guy (3.9):RENEWED.
    Fringe(1.6): Cancelled
    Glee (3.5): Nothing is ever simple with Glee. The comedy musical is expected to return for a fifth season, but negotiations between the network and studio are still ongoing.
    Hell’s Kitchen: RENEWED
    Kitchen Nightmares RENEWED
    New Girl (3.4): RENEWED.
    Raising Hope (2.0): RENEWED.
    The Cleveland Show (1.6): Once again, this is the only Fox animated veteran without a renewal in the spring (the animated shows require a longer lead-time to produce next season’s episodes than the live-action shows). We expect Fox’s hesitation will be permanent this time.
    The Following (4.1): RENEWED
    The Mindy Project (2.1): RENEWED

The Simpsons (3.3): RENEWED
    The Mob Doctor (1.3): Cancelled
    The X-Factor (3.6 and 3.4) RENEWED

Touch (1.0): We’re hearing The Walking Dead would be a better title for this one. Kiefer Sutherland is fielding backup offers.

ABC
    America’s Funniest Home Videos (1.5): Even YouTube can’t kill it.
    Don’t Trust the B– in Apt. 23 (1.6) Cancelled
    Castle (2.6): A sure thing. Nathan Fillion’s drama is one of the few solid performers at 10 p.m. on broadcast.
    Malibu Country (1.6): Reba McEntire is a reliable performer, but country girl is on the bubble.
    Modern Family (5.4): Of course.
    Body of Proof (1.2): We can’t see ABC taking a risk on another season. Sorry, Dana Delany.
    Dancing with the Stars (2.6): This new season (Andy Dick? Wynonna Judd?) will probably be the show’s lowest rated ever, but ABC won’t give up on the fringe.
    Grey’s Anatomy (4.6): Absolutely.
    Happy Endings (1.9): The cool kids like it but the masses don’t. Took close to call.
    Private Practice (2.4): Cancelled.
    The Neighbors: (2.0) The freshman comedy performs okay but the idea is just so….goofy. Might get renewed just to spite TV critics.
    666 Park Avenuee (1.5): Red tagged!
    Last Resort (2.0): Docked for good
    The Taste (1.9): Hmmm, tastes like … the vacant dusty air of a closed restaurant.
    Nashville (2.7): One of the best new shows of the season. Yes.
    Last Man Standing (1.8): Tim Allen and his new primetime family could go another round.
    Red Widow (1.5): Too soon to say, but … look at that premiere number, then look at the average rating of shows with red lines through them.
    Once Upon a Time (4.0): Safe despite recent ratings drops.
    Revenge (3.5): Nobody thinks the drama had a great second season, but expect it to return for a third.
    Scandal (2.9): Hell yes. This soap has risen in the Thursday ratings to come within shouting distance of Grey’s in recent weeks.
    Shark Tank (2.1): A total blockbuster — by Friday standards.
    Suburgatory (2.6): Stable performer, but not a lock to return.
    The Bachelor (3.0): ABC’s not dumping this franchise into a limo anytime soon.
    The Middle (2.7): You don’t watch it, we don’t watch it, but somebody’s watching it. So yes.
    Zero Hour (1.3): Cancelled

THE CW
    Arrow (1.3): RENEWED

Beauty and the Beast (0.7): RENEWED
    Cult (.3): Too early to say, but doesn’t look good.
    Emily Owens, M.D. (.5): Cancelled
    Supernatural (1.2): RENEWED
    The Vampire Diaries (1.6): RENEWED
    America’s Next Top Model (0.8): RENEWED
    Nikita (.4): The wild card. The bar is low on The CW on Fridays. But this low?
    Hart of Dixie (0.8): If The CW is actually conflicted about Nikita, you gotta figure this soap is reasonably safe.
    90210 (.6): Cancelled.
    The Carrie Diaries (.7): Kinda sorta likely to continue. Kinda.

its hilarious looking at the difference in the demos and their chances of renewal, like Blue Bloods, CSI-NY and Golden Boy are all on the same channel and all air on friday night (GB id gonna be taking NY slot and will air with BB) and are all getting a 1.8 in the demos, yet BB is definitely getting renewed, CSI-NY is fairly doubtful as is GB if it doesnt get an injection of viewers,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

Can't believe HoD is .8 on the CW and that Nikita is .4 and possibly fighting for survival! HoD is an average show. Nikita, on the other hand, is AWESOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Happy Endings, easily the best comedy on TV at present and it seems likely its going to get cancelled... not surprising given how randomly US networks operate, but frustrating nonetheless.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

DRose1 wrote: »
    Happy Endings, easily the best comedy on TV at present and it seems likely its going to get cancelled... not surprising given how randomly US networks operate, but frustrating nonetheless.

Disagree, I much prefer Parks & Rec, but H.E. does have it's awesome moments too :cool:

^^^B&TB is not renewed, they think it will be...imo I think it will be cancelled, this years Secret Circle scenario.

ABC Family holds it's upfronts in New York on Tuesday...so we might find out the fate of The Lying Game and Bunheads then....

Waiting also for renewal news from Canadian shows...news is expected to filter down soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Disagree, I much prefer Parks & Rec, but H.E. does have it's awesome moments too :cool:
    Never got into P & R, hopefully something else decent comes along with Happy Endings is in fact cancelled.

• Advertisement

Advertisement