Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39" Full HD lcd tv: Aldi €349.99

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Thinking of going for one of these. Had a quick look at Power city website and see Walker 37" for 349 or 40" for 389. Walkers say that they are Live Pause and Record Ready? What does this mean. Does this mean they take USB memory similar to Walker Saorview box?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TC cork

Went to Aldi this morning for fruit....came out with one of these.
    Not too worried about Saorview...its the reception I get from the Mrs. I am worried about.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

homer911 wrote: »
    I understand that to be full HD, it must support 1080p (not just 1080i)

As you will only get 1080p from a blue ray disc, its a little redundant. Broadcasters are using 1080i

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_ready#Requirements_and_logos

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

Jomcc wrote: »
    Thinking of going for one of these. Had a quick look at Power city website and see Walker 37" for 349 or 40" for 389. Walkers say that they are Live Pause and Record Ready? What does this mean. Does this mean they take USB memory similar to Walker Saorview box?
    Yes, exactly that. You could connect a usb stick, and record or pause tv as it is recording on it. (Assuming the usb drive is fast enough writing the data)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jomcc wrote: »
    Check first that you can change channels while recording, sometimes you cant when its built in to the tv...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭nhg

Just wondering how ye got on with the tv's.

Aldi have these coming in on Thursday, could do with a few for the bedrooms, what do ye think....

22'' HD READY 1080p LED TV/DVD Combi
    each €169.99
    Slim, sleek and stylish HD Ready TV with built-in Saorview tuner for digital TV and radio, plus CI port, built-in DVD Player and USB multimedia.

Features:

Visible screen size: 55cm
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Contrast: 1000:1
    Brightness: 250 cd/m2
    7 day electronic programme guide
    CI slot to access subscription pay TV channels
    2 x 3 watt speakers

Connections:

2 x HDMI
    1 x SCART
    1 x USB
    1 x Component
    1 x Video
    1 x Headphone

Dimensions:

Wall mount size VESA 100 x 100
    Dimensions with stand: 529 x 389 x 200mm (W x H x D)

Accessories:

Remote control with batteries

Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and waste batteries must never be placed in your waste disposal or recycling bins. WEEE is taken back free of charge at electrical retail outlets on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis. There is a bin for small batteries in your local store. Local authority civic amenity facilities also take back WEEE and waste batteries free of charge. WEEE and battery recycling is free.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056864011

I have a similar tv from Aldi & never had a problem plus the 3 year warranty is great just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

homer911 wrote: »
    I understand that to be full HD, it must support 1080p (not just 1080i)

As you will only get 1080p from a blue ray disc, its a little redundant. Broadcasters are using 1080i

or gaming console or pc (ie. mkv files) or HD-DVD discs or many more

Advertisement