Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys 100 Hour Sale Now On

Options
  • 08-11-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭

If you think that the 16GB Blackberry is a bargain at €179 then you might prefer the 64GB version for €149 (online only).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,801 ✭✭✭✭Basq

And use code 'BOARDSVIP€10' for an extra tenner off.

(courtesy of the Currys forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AndrewR

Where does this tablet fit into grand scheme of tablets e.g. better than a "cheap" android but not as good as an iPad etc.? Looking for a good tablet for a 12 year old and am looking for something between the high and low ends - would this be a good compromise?

TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

The playbook is the only really good deal here. The rest are so-so unless you had your eye on something before the sale.

Top tip of the day: The boardsVIP discount code given above is valid for printer ink. I got 5 cartridges with normally retail for €20 each for €3.40 each, shipping included, by combining the boardsVIP code with the 20% discount on the site. Had to do each transaction separately but definitely worth it.

Unfortunately after the fifth transaction it doesn't accept my card anymore :P Oh well :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Fantastic.
    Got the €100 George Foreman Grill for €40. (50% +€10)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

The playbook is the only really good deal here. The rest are so-so unless you had your eye on something before the sale.

Top tip of the day: The boardsVIP discount code given above is valid for printer ink. I got 5 cartridges with normally retail for €20 each for €3.40 each, shipping included, by combining the boardsVIP code with the 20% discount on the site. Had to do each transaction separately but definitely worth it.

Unfortunately after the fifth transaction it doesn't accept my card anymore :P Oh well :D:D:D

I've been wondering about those play books for a while now. Apparently they run about 1/3 android apps. A lot of them run well, but not Skype

It's prob not worth it when the likes of ainol have 100$ tablets on the market that look quite good!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Thanks op and basq! Got a Sony iPod docking station for €60 with free delivery. 1 less present to buy :) same 1 is €91 in Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 22 del23

Got myself BABYLISS Mini 7180BU Hair Trimmer with code cost me 2.99. Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

i got a mini hair straightner for 2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can I buy a voucher in store and use it online, sorry for the stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Got the beard trimmer for €2.99.

Cheers OP!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

del23 wrote: »
    shannon82 wrote: »

My gf was like PFF why would I want anything off currys!?...until I told her about your posts :p

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

Thanks for this! Was looking for good ipod deals. Got two 16 gb iPod touches 4th gen for 189 each with the code, they come with free sony headphones, and got 2x 25euro itunes vouchers for 40 euro. That the lil bro and sis xmas presents sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

aww code no worky!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

codes gone dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

''Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, It looks like due to so much interest the voucher code isn’t working at the moment as its being used so much, which I guess is a good complaint to have! Unfortunately we aren’t able to fix this and reset it at the moment but we should have it fixed / a new voucher set up in the morning.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. If anyone is having trouble just let me know.

Sean''

from currys forum..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Skerries wrote: »
    aww code no worky!

will be back in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

bizz213 wrote: »
    ''Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, It looks like due to so much interest the voucher code isn’t working at the moment as its being used so much, which I guess is a good complaint to have! Unfortunately we aren’t able to fix this and reset it at the moment but we should have it fixed / a new voucher set up in the morning.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. If anyone is having trouble just let me know.

Sean''

from currys forum..
    I assume that there will also be a minimum spend condition with the new code..........

Well then they wouldn't be too popular with people! Which is the point of things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Are these prices online prices only ?
    Looking at 16GB I pod touch 4th Gen with the free headphones for 199

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

That website is really bad. Had a look at two laptops no specifications for either.... Yeah I'm going to shell out 400 euros for a laptop I know nothing about...

eg.
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/156-widescreen-laptop-Compaq/316012/148

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ando

Xcellor wrote: »
    That website is really bad. Had a look at two laptops no specifications for either.... Yeah I'm going to shell out 400 euros for a laptop I know nothing about...

eg.
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/156-widescreen-laptop-Compaq/316012/148

Looks like a friday afternoon job!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Xcellor wrote: »
    That website is really bad.
    It's shocking, isn't it?

I know everyone was at them for years because they didn't have an Irish website, but they really shouldn't have bothered their arses with that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

So frustrating if your looking at laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

del23 wrote: »

Need that new code for this !

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Wizard01

There's no sale on iPad's, need 2 for Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Woodsy-eile

If your looking for a tablet, try this

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG_GALAXY_TAB_2_7_WIFI_8GB_WHT/HANDSET?&colourCode=WHITE

£149 plus £30 cashback from samsung....only thing is you need a UK mainland address

Just got a mate to order one for me! Bargin me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

shannon82 wrote: »

Anyone else want one of these freetext GALAXY to 50400 for a chance of a free one, have received one this way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

I wouldn't recommend this sale based of my recent purchase. I bought this item in October for €280 including delivery.
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/ZANUSSI-ZWN6120L-Washing-Machine-White/312110/104

Its €320 now without delivery.

I do wish someone would enforce the law as the item should have been priced at €349 for a min of 30 days prior to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Thanks for this! Was looking for good ipod deals. Got two 16 gb iPod touches 4th gen for 189 each with the code, they come with free sony headphones, and got 2x 25euro itunes vouchers for 40 euro. That the lil bro and sis xmas presents sorted :)

Can't find this, is it gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone know how long delivery takes?

Advertisement