Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do some people play others?

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

There's something similiar here in afterhours already but it's about cheating and this is about playing people.

For the life of me I can't understand why some people play others. Players will persue you then afterwards play you. They introduce an expectation just to leave you hanging. I mean why say anything at all if you don't mean it? Is it not better to be honest with someone? They know where they stand instead of leaving them hanging.

I was played not so long ago. I fell for his words which were a clasp to hook me, no doubt, and I was left hanging on it until I asked him and it was nothing more but excuses, skewing me more. And I felt rotten for ages and for so, so long. And it wasn't until it was all over and much, much later you come to realise that he (or she) played you.
    Why mess with someone's emotions like that? Why play people?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Don't hate the playa's. Hate the game. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

ilovesleep wrote: »
    why do some people play others?

There's a lot of money in acting if you're lucky and get the right parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Can you clarify?
    You mean people who just want sex but will use whatever romantic/sweet tactics they can to get you into bed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

There's something similiar here in afterhours already but it's about cheating and this is about playing people.

For the life of me I can't understand why some people play others. Players will persue you then afterwards play you. They introduce an expectation just to leave you hanging. I mean why say anything at all if you don't mean it? Is it not better to be honest with someone? They know where they stand instead of leaving them hanging.

I was played not so long ago. I fell for his words which were a clasp to hook me, no doubt, and I was left hanging on it until I asked him and it was nothing more but excuses, skewing me more. And I felt rotten for ages and for so, so long. And it wasn't until it was all over and much, much later you come to realise that he (or she) played you.

Didn't you start a similar thread not so long ago ...?

The only person you'll get any real relevant answers off is the guy who did this.

If that's not a possibility, to get answers from him, then just chalk it up to experience, and move on.

Bear in mind that, while it's always good to maintain a certain level of cynicism and skepticism, there are some good decent people out there, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I was seeing someone recently, told him I'm good with the physical stuff, no dates etc. Basically I just wanted sex with no strings.
    He insists on dating, dinner, movies, walks up the mountains, not seeing other people.
    That was all well and good, until one day he sends me a text and says, its been emotional :)
    I was like what the hell?!
    The sex was amazing, we had the same sense of humour, lived 2 minutes apart, and he says we aren't relationship compatible. Ugh men....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Theres a Nigerian scam in here somewhere, but i just cant see it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

mauzo wrote: »
    I was seeing someone recently, told him I'm good with the physical stuff, no dates etc. Basically I just wanted sex with no strings.
    He insists on dating, dinner, movies, walks up the mountains, not seeing other people.
    That was all well and good, until one day he sends me a text and says, its been emotional :)
    The sex was amazing, we had the same sense of humour, lived 2 minutes apart, and he says we aren't relationship compatible. Ugh men....

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

"Full Moon Girlie thread" - all men are bastards. No, not all men, just mostly those who want no strings sex. Average, decent men are generally happy enough with the "strings". Some of us even quite like the "strings".:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

"Why do **** things happen?"

well because some people are dicks, some do dickish things without realising, and some do nothing wrong but interact with overly sensitive people.

If you're going to be so vague, how do you expect a helpful answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Can you clarify?
    You mean people who just want sex but will use whatever romantic/sweet tactics they can to get you into bed?

I suppose that too would be playing. Lying giving false expectations to get sex just to drop them straight away aftetwards.
    For me, there was no lying involved to get me into bed but aftetwards was spent giving empty promises and false expectations. There was no need in my books for that kind of crap but anyways his words hooked me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

My hubby likes to refer to it as a bit of strumming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Pottler wrote: »
    "Full Moon Girlie thread" - all men are bastards.

Full moon girlie thread? One girl made one thread. About players, not men in general.

Nobody said all men are bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Was it sweet talk to keep you in bed, though?
    Honestly, some people (usually men for obvious reasons) are complete and utter fúckers when it comes to getting sex from a women.
    Women are usually after the money and gifts and all that.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, think about it; men lie for sex from the women and women lie for presents from the men (generally speaking when it comes to liars on both genders)

Oh sweet jesus. you cannot be serious.

He wanted something different from the relationship and ended it. What's the problem exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

My hubby likes to refer to it as a bit of strumming.
    Turns into speed metal after a feed of drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

See this? Its a hormone called Oxytocin. Its released often during sex and stimulates pair bonding behaviour. Pull back from texting and sex and his will increase making him want you more! That way you can control him (probrably shouldnt be saying that) :P

He wanted something different from the relationship and ended it. What's the problem exactly?

I want sex.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Oh sweet jesus. you cannot be serious.

What?
    I said generally speaking...
    As in stereotypes, what's expected from genders, etc.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. :confused:

I want sex.

And posting that on this forum is a perfect way of going about getting it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

No body ever plays BUBLLE WRAP. :(

• Advertisement

Giselle wrote: »
    I want sex.

And posting that on this forum is a perfect way of going about getting it. ;)

Worked before :)

I want sex.

He probably doesn't find you very attractive. I feel your pain.

Well, not really. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

steddyeddy wrote: »
    See this?

NO!

It doesn't fit on my 21inch screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I want sex.

Your my kind of woman. ;)

I want sex.

He probably doesn't find you very attractive. I feel your pain.

Well, not really. :cool:

Can't blame him :(

I didn't mean to offend anyone

I don't see how anyone could be offended...
    And before anyone jumps down my throat, think about it; men lie for sex from the women and women lie for presents from the men (generally speaking when it comes to liars on both genders)

Giselle wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone could be offended...

I'm honestly really confused.
    Anyway I'll go delete it, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mhigh86

Was this a game of backgammon or chess or something.

None of that. You're supposed to counter with a withering sarcastic reply.

• Advertisement

None of that. You're supposed to counter with a withering sarcastic reply.

I did ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement