Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (no really)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That's what I took from his posts anyway, just pointing out that I think you misread what he was trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

34qu2ph.png

ArcSys, I think it's time you moved to six buttons. This is completely bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Sounds awkward at first, hope it feels more natural when actually playing the game, especially since I was intending to use a different button layout.

But it has hops and rolls, all my doubts are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I was watching a stream of this for ages, it looked pretty good from what I see.

Might be interested in picking this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I was watching a stream of this for ages, it looked pretty good from what I see.

Might be interested in picking this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

when is EU getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

We don't know. We think it might be the 31st of August - because that's what Amazon, Play, Zavvi etc. say - but with Zen United you can never quite tell.

e: Have some sprites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Looks like there's some really bad online lag on the 360 version: http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18456618

A patch to fix it is already in the works, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

To be honest, I think it's gonna be pushed back more. Mainly because we are getting a Special Edition.

That link contains an interview with the CEO of Zen United. Depending on what comes with the Special Edition, it'll make the delay worth it for me. :D

Also, 90% sales of initial shipment sounds reaaaaallly gooooddd. :) Congrats to Atlus!

• Advertisement

**** sake, was hoping for this month, also bad news on crappy online play.

Heard they're fixing it though.

This game is getting very good reviews so far, 9/10s even.

This review is certainly my favourite one. It's from a guy who's mainly played GG and BB and hasn't played Persona before. A lot like the people on here I'd say. :P

I'm certainly getting this whenever it comes out and I'm most certainly willing to bring it to tournaments whenever I attend one. :)

*Also can anyone actually rename this thread to the game's actual title? Persona 4: Arena.

patch is out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I've only played a smigin' of this in some random arcade to try it out and there was way too much to learn to properly get a feel for it, but first impressions are nice. It's very Blazbluey, but the Personas add a nice splash of over the top visuals to the plate and it feels a little looser than BB.

I still wouldn't be interested in actually playing it properly (despite Labrys being so awesome) outside of clearing the massive story mode though. Didn't really grab me too hard when I did play it.

I haven't actually seen anyone playing it in Tokyo yet in the few arcades I've been in. Some new Gundam game seems to be stealing all the players from everything else though so that's probably not a specific indication of a lack of quality or interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eldready

I played it for a few hours and I enjoyed it so much ! It's fun, the characters are pretty cool, it's easy to play...perhaps it will be the game that reconcile me with Arc System since GGX2AC !
    'Hope to see at least some people to play this game in Ireland ! ;)

edit : I've only played it in multi with some friends so I don't know how good are the others features.

I most definitely will be, on PS3 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i dont like the design of akihiko in this game , much prefer him in persona 3

tumblr_m7qq1fMsqA1r4cusio1_400.gif

but the game looks fantastic , thank god for zen united , bless their gaming hearts for sending it over here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Richie a few points if I may.

They changed the design of the P3 cast minus Aegis to corrospond with the fact that 4 years has passed since P3, and only 2 months(?) has passed since P4. Aegis is a robot. Can't change a robot. xD

Also it would be nice to bless Zen United for bringing out ANY game here... if they could get one out on fking time! They may burn. Burn and get fired by Aksys until they release games on time here!

Actually torn character wise in the game. Since day 1 I said I'd be taking Chie... But then things change :( Was REALLY interested in Labrys for a long time, still am, but there's SOMETHING dragging me towards Narukami now...

It's what I like about this game already, this game, for Persona fans, will be the ultimate tiers are for queers game, as more than likely the P3/4 fans will pick there favorite characters from in game! Can't wait for 6th September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Xinkai wrote: »
    Richie a few points if I may.

They changed the design of the P3 cast minus Aegis to corrospond with the fact that 4 years has passed since P3, and only 2 months(?) has passed since P4. Aegis is a robot. Can't change a robot. xD

Also it would be nice to bless Zen United for bringing out ANY game here... if they could get one out on fking time! They may burn. Burn and get fired by Aksys until they release games on time here!

Actually torn character wise in the game. Since day 1 I said I'd be taking Chie... But then things change :( Was REALLY interested in Labrys for a long time, still am, but there's SOMETHING dragging me towards Narukami now...

It's what I like about this game already, this game, for Persona fans, will be the ultimate tiers are for queers game, as more than likely the P3/4 fans will pick there favorite characters from in game! Can't wait for 6th September.

i do wonder though was akihiko design was inspired by tetsuo from akira
    it was the first thing that came to mind when i took first glimpse at the character design.
    and im with you i cant wait for this game :D

akira36.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Less than a month 'til EU release... right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Yeah, it's out on September 7th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

It's out August 31st, according to Amazon anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Everybodys speaking highly of this and the gameplay looks solid

Our community better not pull a KOF or BB

KOF everyones been talking about the game saying its gdlk but not playing it for some bizarre reason

Or BB saying it looks gay:/
    Although if you play BB currently where the protagonist bodies most the cast for free then its understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Nutrient wrote: »
    KOF been talking about the game saying its gdlk but not playing it for some bizarre reason

It got dropped from Infergus and all, I was going to come down and attempt to stir up some hype but alas it was not to be. :pac:

I've actually developed a bit of an interest in this, hopefully the wacky looking control scheme doesn't ruin it for me.

Nutrient wrote: »
    Everybodys speaking highly of this and the gameplay looks solid

Our community better not pull a KOF or BB

KOF everyones been talking about the game saying its gdlk but not playing it for some bizarre reason

Or BB saying it looks gay:/
    Although if you play BB currently where the protagonist bodies most the cast for free then its understandable
    KoF is good, but sets take forever!
    Also, optimal HD combos can be annoying to learn (even if they are "just" loops).
    And then there's needing to know so many damn match-ups.
    Finally, let's be honest: Ireland is a SF country, not a KoF country.

BlazBlue turned into BlazPoo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm still looking for kof to get it's day in the sun.

That Ireland being an sf only country thing is bs these days, just as much marvel and mk played these days, and there was plenty of bb until it was mismanaged to death- please note the way the last sf is also being ignored for the same reason.

I may pop this off as a separate thread though as it's a basis for an interesting thread.

I'm still looking for kof to get it's day in the sun.

That Ireland being an sf only country thing is bs these days, just as much marvel and mk played these days, and there was plenty of bb until it was mismanaged to death- please note the way the last sf is also being ignored for the same reason.

I may pop this off as a separate thread though as it's a basis for an interesting thread.
    I meant that "Ireland is SF" being the same way as "China is KoF", "Korea is Tekken" and "USA is Marvel" kinda way.
    It's what we've played for the majority of high-level FG time.
    I'm NOT saying that we don't have passionate KoF players, but the majority of players will only know 1 or 2 titles (Ireland being originally SF/Tekken, now SF/Marvel).

Also, digging holes is fun! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ireland being originally SF/Tekken, now Marvel/SF)

Fixed your post

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,846 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Advertisement