Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do dating sites have a fair share of serial daters?

Options
  • 11-08-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭

Was reading alot of the 'online dating threads' on boards.ie (Few subforums have them)

And I have to laugh :pac:
    You can see alot of users post time and time again. Having so many dates with so many people. How long they've been on dating sites, etc. But no relationship ever forms? :confused: Not even a six month it didnt work out type of relationship. Just continuously dating new people.

Whats going on?
    Such high standards? ... a person has to tick every box out of the hundred 'qualities' they require? Serial daters?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

There's a lot of gobsh1tes on those sites thats for sure, 'serial daters' will be the least of your problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

More than gardening sites anyway I'd reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Easy sex. What else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Nothing wrong with going on plenty of dates. It's better than cruising the bars and clubs while flutered and just falling into someone and hoping it all works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

You'd have better look on boards :P

Im actually kinda sorta dating a guy I met on a dating site. I generally have a bad time on them. Im not picky but if you send me photos of yourself in your jocks or send me a message saying 'u horny bbz?' I just log off.

Fair play to people using them and getting something from it, I dont think Ill be using them ever again!

• Advertisement

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with going on plenty of dates. It's better than cruising the bars and clubs while flutered and just falling into someone and hoping it all works out.

Not really. You could have it both ways and get a date out of it. Meeting somebody in a club and hitting it off doesn't always mean its just going to be an ONS, and even then, something could come of that too.

I don't believe in anything actually being better than something else but I will say its much more enjoyable to meet the person in real life first.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Not really. You could have it both ways and get a date out of it. Meeting somebody in a club and hitting it off doesn't always mean its just going to be an ONS, and even then, something could come of that too.

I don't believe in anything actually being better than something else but I will say its much more enjoyable to meet the person in real life first.

True, but I know a lot more couples that have met off the internet compared to bars and clubs. Of course meeting people in bars and clubs doesn't always result in a ONS, but online dating is very popular now and it doesn't carry the same stigma it once had. I went on a date just yesterday with a girl I met from POF. We're meeting again next week, although I certainly wouldn't be a serial dater.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

No harm in anyone dating different people. It can be a good experience for people to find out what they do & don't want in a partner. Some people like dating to meet new people but aren't actually ready or in a place to be in a committed relationship.

As long as they're happy doing what they're doing, it doesn't really matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

When was the stigma dropped?! No one told me!

Ahh a few years ago. Sure everybody's at it now. ;) I've actually seen a few models on an internet dating site. And I know them because I have worked with them before. Their excuse is that they're sick of the pub/club scene.

• Advertisement

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Ahh a few years ago. Sure everybody's at it now. ;) I've actually seen a few models on an internet dating site. And I know them because I have worked with them before. Their excuse is that they're sick of the pub/club scene.

BRB REGISTERING.

I never heard it was dropped for straight people either. I don't know anyone that uses them. We all go out to meet people because we prefer it hugely.

For gay guys, there's no sigma. Using grindr is like a coming of age thing and its an easy fuck if Saturday night didn't quite work out of if you're looking for the ride a few times during the week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've never signed up for one, but I imagine it would involve a lot of individual dates. If you like a profile and maybe message a bit, then meet up, I'd say it's highly unlikely you'd hit it off. It could take 20 or 30 dates to meet someone it clicks with and then that could fizzle after a few months.

I like the idea of speed dating more. It's a bit of a laugh and people talk to each other for a few minutes. I'd say a 5 minute conversation in real life could give you a better indication of whether you like someone than 20 emails.

If that judge hadn't put that blocking order in place I'd certainly use internet dating sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

syndeyfife wrote: »

Could be good and bad if boards have a dating site. Could you imagine if a prospective date has seen all your posts here?

I never heard it was dropped for straight people either. I don't know anyone that uses them. We all go out to meet people because we prefer it hugely.

For gay guys, there's no sigma. Using grindr is like a coming of age thing and its an easy fuck if Saturday night didn't quite work out of if you're looking for the ride a few times during the week! :D

Please tell me more about this whole "being gay" thing. It sounds like a hoot.

Please tell me more about this whole "being gay" thing. It sounds like a hoot.

Basically if you want sex anytime you like you can get it if that's your thing. Guys of all types use it because nobody looks down on them.

Yeah it's always nice to go out to diner but sometimes you just want a take away. That's pretty much the idea behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Grayson wrote: »
    Could be good and bad if boards have a dating site. Could you imagine if a prospective date has seen all your posts here?

Don't need a dating site when there is so many boards beers! :D
    Lots of people have gotten together cos of boards.

Grayson wrote: »

Eh yeah I can lol trust me its not a big deal, makes it funnier if anything

Basically if you want sex anytime you like you can get it if that's your thing.

Interesting. It would have to be sex with men though. Correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I never heard it was dropped for straight people either. I don't know anyone that uses them.We all go out to meet people because we prefer it hugely.

Are you the official spokesperson for straight people? :rolleyes:

Basically if you want sex anytime you like you can get it if that's your thing. Guys of all types use it because nobody looks down on them.

Yeah it's always nice to go out to diner but sometimes you just want a take away. That's pretty much the idea behind them.

Benaughty.com

Straight people can get the shag in ten minutes on that site!

Interesting. It would have to be sex with men though. Correct?

That's one of those unwritten rules of gay sex alright. Bloody annoying how strict they are about it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That's one of those unwritten rules of gay sex alright. Bloody annoying how strict they are about it though.

Very appropriate signature!

Benaughty.com

So you're looking for a competition are ya?

Well I bet gay people can get the shag in 5 minutes on my site! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Benaughty.com

That happened to me once. Then I was back on it looking for the next one after 12 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cookiecheck

Benaughty.com

what if you're frugly?

what if you're frugly?

Im no prize pig like....

Benaughty.com

Browsing. BRB 10 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

what if you're frugly?

Paper bag?

Advertisement