Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Added some ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

MadYaker wrote: »
    I like a little bit of head bob, makes it more realistic. Having it turned up fully is ridiculous though, its like character has one leg shorter than the other or something...

one leg shorter than the other is like playing without a compass... you end up going in circles anyway

Use shadows!

Korvanica wrote: »
    Should have run for it when he was scoping out the airfield for them. Would be deadly fun having 6 people chasing you around the Dayz map...

Come to think of it...

How about a server event. Manhunt. One lad runs off and is given a 3 minute headstart. then everyone else hunts him down...

Just give the person food and drinks and starting items. Nothing else.

Could we lock the server for the hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 northsideDayz

And the fact that you shot him after he gave you stuff was somewhat bent.

would it have not been bent to shoot him without even saying anything to him?

instead I chose to have a little bit of fun, and it was had!
    at the end of the day, this mod is created in a way, so that players can do whatever they like, be a survivor or a bandit. when you play this game, your gona get shot sooner or later, if you dont like it, or think its bent, then maybe it wont be the game for you.

after shooting him, i was thinkin maybe i could have left him alone, then again, i could have shot him in the leg, and tried to leave him there with a broken leg to crawl back to town with. yet i didnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Could we lock the server for the hour?

Id say leave it open, Adds more randomness to it if the hunted runs into a randomer, or the hunters have to deal with randomers aswell..
    would it have not been bent to shoot him without even saying anything to him?

instead I chose to have a little bit of fun, and it was had!
    at the end of the day, this mod is created in a way, so that players can do whatever they like, be a survivor or a bandit. when you play this game, your gona get shot sooner or later, if you dont like it, or think its bent, then maybe it wont be the game for you.

after shooting him, i was thinkin maybe i could have left him alone, then again, i could have shot him in the leg, and tried to leave him there with a broken leg to crawl back to town with. yet i didnt.

Ah yea, had this tab open for your response :P

tumblr_lr4x4vJ7pk1qdy1rro1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

i could have shot him in the leg, and tried to leave him there with a broken leg to crawl back to town with. yet i didnt.

youre a reel prince

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

About 4 hours logged in the game now.. yet to get a gun -.- FML.

So when I saw should i aim to run to a city and find a gun? Cherno/Electro?

Or should I run off into the forests searching for deer stands?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Added some ideas.

Savage Hunger Games idea!

I'm struggling to see the fun side of this game. I want to like it, I love the idea of it. but I just spent the past 2.5 hours getting disappointed.

Playing on the boards server. I crawled around some small towns , and some larger towns and found enough stuff for basic survival (Well still haven't figured out water yet, I read I have to get a water canister, I have never seen a water canister?). Then I decided to do what everyone always says, head North.

So using the setting sun as my guide off I ran, up mountains, down mountains, through miles of endless forest for what seemed like forever. Eventually I found a castle and I thought great! finally something interesting, all I got in there was a some ammo for a gun I don't have, probably never will and the arse bitten off me by some zombie. There was an entrance but I couldn't get in because of one of those tank barriers and barbed wire (Whats the point of that? I could see the loot behind the barrier!)

Anyway I returned to civilization, I found a small town, got some food and carried on North.

At this point I had a hatchet, a knife, medicine, bandages, Barbed wire and lots of ammo for god knows what gun. Then when wading through what appeared to be shallow water, I found an intact Quad Bike! I thought FINALLY SOME FUN!....No no, of course not, silly me.

The thing wouldn't start and when I got off it I ended up in deeper water and lost all my stuff irretrievably.

So I go back to the previous town dejected and end up stumbling upon some dead player named Juli. As I am trying to search the body, I get attacked from behind by a zombie, I try to run and end up on some barbed wire. My character dies right on top of the other players body.

So 2.5 hours of dreaming about a gun , or a vehicle and what did I get? Lots and lots and lots of trees. I haven't had a glimpse of another living player yet. I hope it gets better.

Hahahah just like my experiences..

• Advertisement

And the fact that you shot him after he gave you stuff was somewhat bent.

Making him crawl like a peasant and then shooting him... legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

It is pretty funny... i'd be laughing like a bollix if it was me and then read the post on here. Always good to throw in a bit of role play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 northsideDayz

Magill wrote: »
    It is pretty funny... i'd be laughing like a bollix if it was me and then read the post on here. Always good to throw in a bit of role play.

that was it exactly,
    2 mates that have only just started playing, and ended up getting into the moment.
    and funny enough he played along. he offered his gear, i didnt ask for it :D
    i just told him to get down on the ground and not to move.

it was all for a laugh, and i pissed meself when i seen it on here, although i would have thought hed see the funny side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Lads I know I could probably find it by searching but I'm lazy, how can I find the boards server?

Is there an IP I can throw into Six Launcher?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Big Knox wrote: »
    Lads I know I could probably find it by searching but I'm lazy, how can I find the boards server?

Thanks

just stick "Boards" in at the top, above the name collumn.
    and it should show up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

that was it exactly,
    2 mates that have only just started playing, and ended up getting into the moment.
    and funny enough he played along. he offered his gear, i didnt ask for it :D
    i just told him to get down on the ground and not to move.

it was all for a laugh, and i pissed meself when i seen it on here, although i would have thought hed see the funny side of it.

haha, yeah... its all part of the fun tho, wouldn't have been nearly as funny if he laughed about it :D
    Big Knox wrote: »

Thanks

Just type boards into the filter, works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭irishmadboy

Damn, who killed me near the barracks south of NW airfield? It was super dark there.

The loading times are really starting to piss me off, takes forever to get up and going when joining a server!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ok Server Admin Hat on:

The List of who has paid towards the server is available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApRlf3CH58LvdDRzMlBxcU9NZXZueGRjTXFvZTVuekE

The server has recently seen an influx of people who post here and haven't paid and to be honest the server has gone downhill between people treating the game as a deathmatch of us versus them and then people moaning about how someone took all the vehicles and used off game chat to organise etc. Most of these people are new to the game and haven't followed the development from the start or what Rocket has said about such matters.

The server is public so it is open to be used and abused but without funding it will go offline and while we wait on reserved slots I will be looking at restricting the server for testing at certain times to those who have paid and don't constantly act the dick or moan. If peope don't like that and want to go running to mammy and complain feel free or hey better still spend your own time and money and get another server that you can use

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Or they could just join any of the numerous free servers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

where was the info about helping to pay for the server hidden. Why was it hidden?

It's not hidden it has been stated several times, if someone wants donate towards the server just PM me for details.

desaparecidos no Servers are free they all cost money, if you don't want to use the boards server cool, just ignore my post and don't complain about it if it goes offline or is locked :D

Any server I try and join I get stuck on "Waiting for character to create". Have tried 3 different servers now and have the same issue on them all.

Any ideas? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Villain wrote: »
    It's not hidden it has been stated several times, if someone wants donate towards the server just PM me for details.

desaparecidos no Servers are free they all cost money, if you don't want to use the boards server cool, just ignore my post and don't complain about it if it goes offline or is locked :D

Oh I know nothing is for free. And I haven't used the boards server so no complaining from me. But, I was just saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Villain wrote: »
    Ok Server Admin Hat on:

The List of who has paid towards the server is available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApRlf3CH58LvdDRzMlBxcU9NZXZueGRjTXFvZTVuekE

....I will be looking at restricting the server for testing at certain times to those who have paid and don't constantly act the dick or moan....

Sorry but as far as I know you are strictly not allowed to lock a server for the purposes of blocking public players because they have not donated.Having hosted and organised loads of servers down through the years myself you gotta accept that if its public then its public. If someone hacks then yes kick and ban them by all means.

What you are proposing reads like you are going to allow players who have subbed to cherry pick the server? Terrible if thats where you are going with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This is a good point, I have heard servers will be black listed for restricting access.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Sorry but as far as I know you are strictly not allowed to lock a server for the purposes of blocking public players because they have not donated.Having hosted and organised loads of servers down through the years myself you gotta accept that if its public then its public. If someone hacks then yes kick and ban them by all means.

What you are proposing reads like you are going to allow players who have subbed to cherry pick the server? Terrible if thats where you are going with this.
    As I said:
    If peope don't like that and want to go running to mammy and complain feel free or hey better still spend your own time and money and get another server that you can use

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Not the point is it. Due to the way the game works you simply cannot lock the server for private play, or testing as some admins call it!!!!

Your decision to host a public server, there are rules that stipulate what you can and cannot do, I didnt make these rules, as you know.

We are currently considering what to do re our own server, upgrade our own box as it isnt powerful enough, or rent from a hosting company. Or neither depending on how the game pans out.

Though locking it would be on way to keep your hoard safe :p

Testing is testing I just choose who I want to help test that is all. The number of hours it will be locked for testing over the entire week will be quite small.

We don't have a hoard - fact but hey don't the let the truth get in the way of having a go :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

rules are always subject to change, you do not see the chatter behind the scenes. dayz servers are bandwidth intensive but imho in the future servers will have reserved slots. that day will come.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement